What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Banjo2014

Juniors
I can see that a few of our players will be seeking releases ...... Vaughan, Hunt, Frizell and Sims Bros.

Did anyone witness the body language of the guys in the shed before the game whilst Mary had his whiteboard out - the missus said - could be a long night - even my five year old who loves the mighty ones sat on his seat in his St George jersey said Daddy I think we lose ..... and they are Filipino

By the way a few of our players are NFGM - not first grade material.

Ravalawa
Pearson
Host
Lawrie

merahputih

Juniors
If I win the Lotto this week or next and at the press conference after Panthers or Souths destroy the Saints I would do the following.

(legal disclaimer, just a fictional what if and not actionable advice for reporters after the game, though many will buy you a schooner if you do)

1 With my new found lotto money bribe my way in as a journo to McGregors post game pass the blame Q&A

2 - get a tall glass. Can be different sizes for different blokes but I need a very tall glass

3 - fill glass half way with water. Only half way because of the whole displacement thing

4 - wait until Mary starts saying shite like "we can still make the 8 if the team's 4 to 11 on the ladder lose all the rest of their games and we will win all our remaining" that will be my queue to

5 - insert my penis into the tall glass of water and wait for the next pass the blame statement from Mary then

6 - with a quick and rapid motion launch one long wet dick towards Mary's forehead. The goal is a large mushroom print on his forehead that bears witness to his shiite

7 - don't think there is any judge that will convict me for this community service

At the very least when you watch Mary's defer the blame pressers after the games you can award how many mushroom prints every time he says something that would make you follow steps 1 to 6 above. Basically anything he says that pisses you so much you would risk doing some time in Goulburn with Qapm for mushroom print laying

I like the odds at the TAB that Mary's press conference after Panthers will be 5 mushroom prints and will take the long odds for 8 mushroom prints after Souths
I'm going to have nightmares for weeks after reading this!

TruSaint

Referee
Interesting signatory LMAO...

66817798_2336195549803701_5443327025647452160_n.jpg

SBD82

Coach
Haven’t set foot in this thread for a while, because it just seemed pointless.

Seems there’s a little bit of momentum gathering for Mary to be sacked though. This could be my new favourite thread if it eventually happens.

Congrats on almost reaching 10000 posts too. Sad that it’s had to be that many.

TruSaint

Referee
Dragons coach Paul McGregor's job is safe, says Phil Gould

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
ST. GEORGE-ILLAWARRA DRAGONS
LEAGUE

Despite the growing fan demands for Paul McGregor to be sacked, Phil Gould feels the St George Illawarra Dragons coach is in no "danger whatsoever".

The results-hungry Dragons army has long been disgruntled with McGregor at the helm but their desire to see him axed ramped up following last Sunday's embarrassing 36-14 loss to the Canberra Raiders.

And with only six wins this year, the media has begun asking questions of McGregor's credentials, particularly after the Gold Coast Titans cut ties with Garth Brennan over the weekend.

MORE: Mark Carroll lambasts Dragons players over lack of effort

But Gould gained an insight into St George Illawarra's inner sanctum during a recent event and believes McGregor, who signed a two-year extension in April, is very safe in his position.

"I actually went to a trivia luncheon down at Wollongong a couple of Fridays ago, it was a tribute to Paul McGregor," Gould told the Six Tackles With Gus podcast.

"They were raising money for a very worthy cause but the theme of the lunch was a tribute to Paul McGregor and all his ex-coaches and teammates and players came to speak on his behalf.

"Because I'd coached him in Origin I got an invite to come down and what I found in that room that included all the old St George and old Illawarra people and all the people around the club, it's a really tight-knit club.

"A really great atmosphere, great enthusiasm and a lot of love for the coach. I don't think internally there's any pressure on Paul McGregor that might even be hinted on from the outside."

Dragons back-rower Tariq Sims on Wednesday said the players needed to shoulder the responsibility for the team's recent form, not McGregor.

And that seems to be the thinking of those in power at the Dragons, with Gould confident the mentor is not even close to having to fight for his job.

"People look at the results of late and they go, 'Well, the coach will end up getting the blame and they'll move him on', because that's what we do in rugby league history," Gould said.

"I didn't feel that when I was in that room down there at the luncheon. He's a very highly respected and regarded person within the organisation. He's played for them, he's coached them, he was involved in various roles before he became a coach.

"I don't think Paul McGregor is in any danger whatsoever."

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-17_18-54-10.gif
    upload_2019-7-17_18-54-10.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
LEAGUE

Despite the growing fan demands for Paul McGregor to be sacked, Phil Gould feels the St George Illawarra Dragons coach is in no "danger whatsoever".

The results-hungry Dragons army has long been disgruntled with McGregor at the helm but their desire to see him axed ramped up following last Sunday's embarrassing 36-14 loss to the Canberra Raiders.

And with only six wins this year, the media has begun asking questions of McGregor's credentials, particularly after the Gold Coast Titans cut ties with Garth Brennan over the weekend.

But Gould gained an insight into St George Illawarra's inner sanctum during a recent event and believes McGregor, who signed a two-year extension in April, is very safe in his position.

"I actually went to a trivia luncheon down at Wollongong a couple of Fridays ago, it was a tribute to Paul McGregor," Gould told the Six Tackles With Gus podcast.

"They were raising money for a very worthy cause but the theme of the lunch was a tribute to Paul McGregor and all his ex-coaches and teammates and players came to speak on his behalf.

"Because I'd coached him in Origin I got an invite to come down and what I found in that room that included all the old St George and old Illawarra people and all the people around the club, it's a really tight-knit club.

"A really great atmosphere, great enthusiasm and a lot of love for the coach. I don't think internally there's any pressure on Paul McGregor that might even be hinted on from the outside."

Dragons back-rower Tariq Sims on Wednesday said the players needed to shoulder the responsibility for the team's recent form, not McGregor.

And that seems to be the thinking of those in power at the Dragons, with Gould confident the mentor is not even close to having to fight for his job.

"People look at the results of late and they go, 'Well, the coach will end up getting the blame and they'll move him on', because that's what we do in rugby league history," Gould said.

"I didn't feel that when I was in that room down there at the luncheon. He's a very highly respected and regarded person within the organisation. He's played for them, he's coached them, he was involved in various roles before he became a coach.

I will save everyone from reading this and give you all a very quick summary.

It reads "Sack McGregor".

blacksafake

First Grade

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
LEAGUE

Never believe anything Gus has to say.

In this case I reckon he knows Teflon L plate IS under pressure but because they’re mates he’s trying to stick up for him publicly.
Funny how Gus never tried to get him to the panthers or recommend him for the origin job:thinking:

Crush

Coach

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
LEAGUE
LEAGUE

He has the full support of the board

rednwhites

Juniors
How very, very far our standards have fallen.

It's not as simple as we 'won a final last year' so we can be satisfied with a poor follow up season, but if you have no investment in the team than that seems to be the sentiment.

Gould is right about one thing - he is in no danger of losing his job. That's the real issue.

I'm so glad the energy is positive and so tight-knit. It doesn't show one iota on the field.

I really miss the days when we expected to be at the very least, in the grand final.

Latest posts