What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Just, just maybe , the assistants getting their marching orders , and cleaning up the dead wood maybe the sign of someone ready to step in , but on the condition that he has his own coaching staff ..... Then next its bye bye Paul please shut the door on your way out ..... Just could it be , have a little tinkle that its close .....

That's what I was thinking. But if they start announcing replacements while Mary is still there, we are done.

Straight Shooter

Ted bartolo

Juniors
That was so far the lowest point of 40+ years of support for my beloved Dragons. Equal to some of the worst games under Steve Price.

No structure, no organisation, no discipline, no creativity - no leadership! ...no idea!!

It could be the most cringeworthy game I've seen from this club.

I agree with other comments made that the coaching staff really don't seem to be able to prepare the team mentally for what was a relatively straight foward, but MUST win game. Manly did not have form and actually weren't great opposition. But we were THAT BAD. Except for our first set of six, we were not at all even slightly competitive.

But what really disgusted me, there was no will. At the 50th - ish minute, we dropped the ball and waiting to pack the scrum, all what the body language of our players said was - they already wanted the game to be over.

We've ALWAYS held our heads high and had a dig. But not this time.

I don't know about sacking the coach mid-season. I am proud we are not that sort of club. It's a silly idea.

The search for something better - should be ongoing.

In the meantime, Paul McGregor needs support, not condemnation.

Especially from us.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Sack MacGregor
That was so far the lowest point of 40+ years of support for my beloved Dragons. Equal to some of the worst games under Steve Price.

No structure, no organisation, no discipline, no creativity - no leadership! ...no idea!!

It could be the most cringeworthy game I've seen from this club.

I agree with other comments made that the coaching staff really don't seem to be able to prepare the team mentally for what was a relatively straight foward, but MUST win game. Manly did not have form and actually weren't great opposition. But we were THAT BAD. Except for our first set of six, we were not at all even slightly competitive.

But what really disgusted me, there was no will. At the 50th - ish minute, we dropped the ball and waiting to pack the scrum, all what the body language of our players said was - they already wanted the game to be over.

We've ALWAYS held our heads high and had a dig. But not this time.

I don't know about sacking the coach mid-season. I am proud we are not that sort of club. It's a silly idea.

The search for something better - should be ongoing.

In the meantime, Paul McGregor needs support, not condemnation.

Especially from us.

Last edited:

nickdragons90

Juniors
This is from making the nut website. I don’t know if this is true? But interesting reading:
Craig Fitzgibbon’s decision to withdraw from contention for the Newcastle job is a strong indication that he wants the St George Illawarra job and has likely been given information that it will come up sooner rather than later. Fitzgibbon lives in the Illawarra and sees the Dragons as his best situation short of Trent Robinson up and leaving the Roosters. Paul McGregor is the most vanilla coach in the game and has done a poor job in 2019. It would not surprise at all if he was moved on despite recently extending.

Mitty266

Juniors
Just listening to big sports breakfast Sydney, James graham going into bat for the imposter. You heard him lads no more banners wanting the coaches head. Had to pinch myself to hear that a fan got rejected into the ground with a non approved banner!! My god this bloke is giving Cameron Smith a run as the most protected species in the NRL!

dungay dragon

Juniors
:mad::mad::mad:There is something brewing .... Can feel it in my bones , dark shadows are forming , its getting closer ......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused:
Was mentioned last night that Senior Dragon Sponsors are starting to get nervous and asking the Club what is going on... The Club just can't fob off sponsor concerns...
As for Graham and others supporting McGregor ....Anyone would who is currently on the over paid contracts they are getting..Watch them change and say how good it is when eventually a new Coach is appointed ''runs with the foxes..hunts with the hounds ..."

denis preston

First Grade
Just listening to big sports breakfast Sydney, James graham going into bat for the imposter. You heard him lads no more banners wanting the coaches head. Had to pinch myself to hear that a fan got rejected into the ground with a non approved banner!! My god this bloke is giving Cameron Smith a run as the most protected species in the NRL!

If you were getting 600k from the club he is obviously not going to jeopardize that so he will say what the club wants him to say.That goes for all players.

Latest posts