What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

HenryTatana

Juniors
Haven’t heard boo from Barnhill since he went to play for the roosters. Obviously Mary’s very talented poker face manager has commenced the marketing campaign getting all and sundry to vouch for what a good bloke Mary is since the media have commenced their attack.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I’m sorry but I can’t take it anymore and I have always tried to be restrained and as objective as I could be BUT the push back by the old mates and Fittler etc makes me despair. Notice how.....
# Mary has the next 2 games to prove himself - what about the 17 out of 21 he has lost since midway last year? Why give him two more games, even if we win them he still has proven he is below standard.
# Ben Hunt is to blame not Mary.
# Corey Norman is to blame, not Mary.
# The pack has let us down, not Mary.
# The JBD situation has caused the problems, not Mary.
# Injuries have weakened our roster, not Mary
# Widdop’s shoulder hit us hard, not Mary.
# Frizzel’s attitude and upcoming departure has eaten at the morale of the side, not Mary.
# Luc left because of poor discipline, Mary was not to blame.
# Garrick was not up to standard, not Mary’s coaching.
# Timm showed no promise, unlike Mary’s coaching.
# THE players miss the tackles, Mary doesn’t.
# Mary has had over 150 games to prove his ability......but no, let’s judge him on two games against the two bottom sides.....that will put the question about Mary’s ability to coach to bed once and for all.
# Saab doesn’t want to go because of Mary, it’s his manager causing the problems

I could go on but I’m shitty

Haven’t heard boo from Barnhill since he went to play for the roosters. Obviously Mary’s very talented poker face manager has commenced the marketing campaign getting all and sundry to vouch for what a good bloke Mary is since the media have commenced their attack.

Yeah, although I doubt Marys contract with his manager provides for Mary to get a refund where he’s sacked before completion.

He will be long gone.

Not even a record score v Broncos has silenced the issue. A good sign.

BLM01

First Grade
Mary calling in the favours

Dragons legend David Barnhill has leapt to the defence of his friend Paul McGregor and says the blame for the Red V’s woes should rest squarely on the players, specifically the forward pack.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/71027a2e581b15e0160a52806a90d39a
True...but the players will only perform for what they believe in
Conveniently left the other 50% of that statement out..and Barnhill knows this well when playing under coaches such as Brian Smith and Waite..then Farrar

TruSaint

Referee
True...but the players will only perform for what they believe in
Conveniently left the other 50% of that statement out..and Barnhill knows this well when playing under coaches such as Brian Smith and Waite..then Farrar

Barny never played under farah mate.

BLM01

First Grade
Barny never played under farah mate.
Using Farrah onlu as example of how we go from coaches who can coach in the 90's to what happened in the eraly 2000's.
But I am wrong as it was Waite that let him go but he knows full well what happened to the Dragons in the Years post Waite..and likely he never palyed under a bad coach as come from the Raiders in the early 90's

TruSaint

Referee
Using Farrah onlt as example of how we go from coaches who can coach in the 90's to what happened in the eraly 2000's.
I know Barnhill was signed by Gus at the Roosters but he knows full well what happened to the Dragons

Fair enough.

qld redvee

Juniors
supercoach in his prematch is a classic
hasnt been happy with the halves combination so this is why he has brought Clune in ,, Halves were not working last year but he persisted , and kept persisting all this year
Norman at fullback - he will be on the ball all game -- hang on isnt this what Duffty was supposed to do ??? and the new rules will be great for norman .. --- just an excuse for not dropping him
Luke will ease the burden on mcinness so sounds like cam is going to be on the bench to have a rest - lets see if that happens i reckon cam will drop back to lock so he can keep tackling ( so much for duty of care mary )

and I cant believe in the presser still mentioning JDb as a loss -- maybe 2019 but not 2020 you fool
and on clune -- with no reserve grade if you dont give him an opportunity in first grade then you will never know .... Great philosophy BUT give the kid a go give him games to settle in NOT the regulation 1 that you love to give our juniors .
And didnt he wax lyrical about clunes ability and how it will allow hunt to revert to a running game -- If hunt and Norman were not performing to coachys standards why didnt he make a change previously ???
FUNNY how he doesnt listen to outside noise BUT hes made somewhat dramatic changes and come out with the perform or perish syndrome to save his career so he just decided to do it - yeah right ...

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah, its appauling.

Seriously, I hope someone on this forum is a club staffer.

Can we please, please, STOP our head coach referring to JDB at all. Its an absolute disgrace, and continually brings a serious criminal charge to the fore. Let the courts decide his fate FFS. Its not like this is news.

Dragon David

First Grade
It would be great if we could have someone like John Stanley (Dragon tragic on 2GB) to interview Ryan Webb as he did years ago when he interviewed Peter Doust. One of the conditions for the appointments of Brian Johnston and Ryan Webb must have been to let the fans know nothing. The thing is though, Webb would give Stanley the questions to ask which would not include any questions about Mary.

This looks like a blame-a-thon. Barnhill say its the players fault so have a few others (Mary's friends of course) when we know its the great pretender not doing his job because he is thoroughly incapable of doing anything for the Dragons. Does Barnhill think that in all of the 6 or so years of Mary coaching first grade that the players are at fault for not doing the right thing for Mary on the field - don't be so stupid Barnhill and just ring up Mary as a friend and tell him his time is up!