What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

The thing is that even Mary looked like he expected to be sacked yesterday.

A few of the students of the club will be pleased to see that the pressure is now where it should be, on the board.

Mary is seen as a by-product of bad decision making.

Now the eyes of the league are turned on your senior management in horror and disbelief.

Everyone’s invited to the Tigers for the duration of the season as a welcome guest if you want.

A year of following us and you will be screaming to get back to Kogarah under any conditions.

Dragon David

First Grade
And the same day he said f**k you and named the same side
Much the same but yes George Dragon. Mary's head is bigger today than yesterday as his ego went up a few notches after he wasn't sacked. Watch how he will continue to do the same things and have little regard as to what was told to him by the Board and the Board will again turn a blind eye for the rest of this year.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Can we kidnap him & replace him with a German imposter?
27xb.gif

Dragon David

First Grade
The thing is that even Mary looked like he expected to be sacked yesterday.

A few of the students of the club will be pleased to see that the pressure is now where it should be, on the board.

Mary is seen as a by-product of bad decision making.

Now the eyes of the league are turned on your senior management in horror and disbelief.

Everyone’s invited to the Tigers for the duration of the season as a welcome guest if you want.

A year of following us and you will be screaming to get back to Kogarah under any conditions.
Hahaha, yes right!

BLM01

First Grade
It was good to read that "The directors made it clear that assistants Young and Shane Flanagan must be given more say in how the team is run.

There will also be a renewed focus on promoting young players into the NRL side. The directors felt it was time to shake up selections, that too many underperforming stalwarts were blocking the path of rising talent. Boom rookie Jason Saab has already requested a release while Matt Dufty is considering his options given the Titans are keen to accommodate him immediately. Tristan Sailor was a standout during the Nines but can’t get a look in. McGregor has been told things need to change."
Oh good...more endorsement that he cant coach
a BOD telling a coach who to pick and taking away some of his authority and spreading amongst others
What happened to footprints in all areas of the building
More Mary excuses at a press conference.
"I didnt select the team... I got told who to select"
"It was not my game plan..it was Young, Shepherds and Flanno's"
This cant end well..or worse than what it is now
750K to be spoon fed in bed...OMG

Last edited:

Reflector

Juniors
Pretty much - I watched my first full Adelaide F1 GP that same year. The Senna driven Marlboro Red and White McLaren-Honda started that obsession. Wonder where it came from hey?

Piquet won that race from what I recall? Yeah, those Marlboro McLarens were like St George the F1 team. You would've seen some notable drivers in your time then- Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Hill, Häkkinen, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton etc.

Banjo2014

Juniors
The mad Newcastle guy had his inside man listening to the meeting today.

It appears our Fearless Chairman intends to Sack Coach Mick Gregore.

He is finalising contracts for -

Head Coach Roger Abbott
Defensive Coach Al Coholic
Offensive Coach Col Esterol
Physio Teresa Green

They reckon the coach is quite a character.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
This arrogant merkin says he’s not a quitter...why the f**k would he quit? Even if he loses every game for the rest of the year and next, he’ll still see out his contract and get paid his $1 million. This joke of a club re-signed this merkin after 2 shitty 1 point wins last year when no other team was after this merkin. Absolutely over how this club treats its fans. f**k you Mcgregor and f**k you Dragons

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I feel the dragons weren’t completely honest in their statement.

Allow me to translate it for you all:

Translation: “We just banged something together to stop the phone calls from fans & media“

Translation: “Please, do share this on social media. Our digi just quit after copping the brunt of fan anger & we don’t know how to FaceTok”

Translation: “The board were copping too much flack via sms last night from their mates”

Translation: “We realised we didn’t include a performance clause in the contract”

Translation: “We need to show he’s been given every possible avenue of help so he can’t go us for wrongful dismissal”

Translation: “We’re trapped & cant get rid of him. But he should win a game soon. Hopefully”

Translation: “We believe in commitment. Unless that commitment involves our best players cutting short their contracts to go play union in France or head to the ESL”

Translation: “Now sod off, you peasants. We’ve got whiskey to drink and cigars to smoke”

this is so on the mark that it isn’t even funny.

this club is so arrogant when it comes to the treatment of its fans.

blacksafake

First Grade
We’ve officially become Illawarra.
What board calls an emergency meeting just to say they support the coach? Our gutless losers do that’s who.
If they’re worried about money it’ll cost them more in the long run by keeping him on.
Please everyone contact the CEO by email, non abusing ones, every time we lose. Tell him You will NOT renew your membership. It’s the only option we supporters have.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
We’ve officially become Illawarra.
What board calls an emergency meeting just to say they support the coach? Our gutless losers do that’s who.
If they’re worried about money it’ll cost them more in the long run by keeping him on.
Please everyone contact the CEO by email, non abusing ones, every time we lose. Tell him You will NOT renew your membership. It’s the only option we supporters have.
This joke of a club would be arrogant enough to let all their members walk just so they can back their decision to keep Mary. This merkin of a club doesn’t give a f**k about its supporters

matPORTS

Juniors
Piquet won that race from what I recall? Yeah, those Marlboro McLarens were like St George the F1 team. You would've seen some notable drivers in your time then- Prost, Senna, Mansell, Schumacher, Hill, Häkkinen, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton etc.

Some very notable drivers indeed, and each leaders & legends in there own right.

Aside from their obvious talents behind the wheel, each of them had / have a knack for rallying their teams around them and extracting everything possible to both maintain and improve performance of the car and themselves.

True leaders. More than we can say for any figure within STGI in recent times...

getsmarty

Immortal
Fair call just an opinion.. still think from what I hear is he has his

fair call it’s only an opinion. When you consider who we have chased and who we have lost I reckon he’s been pretty average.

Again incorrect...Many players have left because they are made certain promises by someone and then he changes his mind...nothing to do with millward...Again, I will state the obvious...no one wants to come here to play for the coach...We offered overs to Suli and he still knocked us back...

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter....Why should we care ?.. the board doesn't...

McGregor has sucked all my passion out....

We the fans are the spectators...without us there is no game....I don't expect us to win every year, but i expect us to be competitive. and have a go.......

It is no fun watching our side play anymore....7 years of the same garbage dished up....

Why would anyone in there right mind pay for an inferior product ?....Its like buying the same faulty product over and over again...

I will not give the club another cent of my money....this club is no longer the club I have supported for multiple decades....We are a RABBLE...

End of Rant.

Last edited:
The kid and I were waiting for the news all day, checking our phones and stuff at work.

The news came through and he was devastated. He said his parents would be pretty upset when he got home.

He said the entire junior ranks would be shocked.

I’m going to call it the day of infamy.

The day the board showed their true colours and once again, cloaked the disaster in the language of heroism. More spin.

Just when everyone thought there was freedom and sunlight ahead....

I don’t know how your board thinks it will attract sponsors and members. The brand was completely trashed today.

You blokes have to protect what’s left of it.

The way ahead is a campaign to take the publically owned bits of it back. Get organised, get motivated and do something.

This is your era, your watch, your war. Die on your feet.

Last edited: