1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Dragonsamy

Dragonsamy Bench

But are they going to the correct people lets hope, but I doubt it

2. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

They should be aimed at the CEO, in my opinion.

3. Reflector

Reflector Juniors

I remember when I was a kid- before I knew all the different regions and districts of Sydney- I thought St George was the blanket name for a large conglomerate that had their fingers in several interests, including a bank and a football club...

All these years later, I'm beginning to think I was right about the football club part of it all along...

redVinme likes this.
  4. gregstar

gregstar Coach

We’ve obviously got it wrong.

750 pages of condemnation has not worked because the unflushible turd is still there.

I think the club should extend jowls’ contract by another 2 years at least.

Maybe 750 pages of that will work.

5. Reflector

Reflector Juniors

Have you been following F1 as long as you've been following St George?

6. Tuddy

Tuddy Juniors

Well St George as I knew it is finally dead.

I wasn’t even surprised at the decision.

Basically this was Andrew Gordon saying THIS IS MY TOY AND NO-ONE GETS TO TELL ME HOW I PLAY WITH IT!

Wouldnt it be nice to have done absolutely nothing in life and have our football team as your personal plaything.

The board figures they’ve got enough supporters that will support them “no matter what” that they don’t need the rest of us. Maybe they’re right. There is plenty of the bloody idiots on social media.

Either way, that’s me done. I’ll still watch the games on tv as I just can’t see that habit being broken. But no merch and no memberships.

The bottom line is that until there is a coup at board level, we’re screwed.

Oh and by the way, today pretty much locks in dean young as our next coach because they clearly don’t want anyone outside coming in and disrupting anything.

7. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Bench

Don’t renew - I made the decision not to renew this year after 12 years as Red V member- the Club right now does not need fans so why bother supporting them financially. Completely over this Club right now -

8. gregstar

gregstar Coach

Brian Smith’s prophecy about the club having the smell of Newtown about it was prescient.

Dragsters, Reflector, since77 and 3 others like this.
  9. SaintElroy

SaintElroy Juniors

I have a feeling that something else fishy is at play here. Gould , the board and listening to James graham with a throw away “that’s private” comment just doesn’t add up.

10. nickdragons90

nickdragons90 Juniors

I saw the news this morning, and felt some excitement for the first time in a very long time, Finally the board has listened to the most important stakeholder, the fans , but not to be, our board hasn’t got a clue, or doesn’t give a stuff? Our club is an absolute rabble. I know this will sound stupid to some people, but I can’t see us winning any more than 4 games this year. And I can certainly see us getting the wooden spoon.

11. Willow

Willow Administrator

At this stage I have six Kogarah 'membership' tickets and have zero chance of getting what I paid for. They treat us like customers when taking the money but expect us to be supporters when it comes to refunds.

I was happy to wait-and-see, but after I read that the coach and (presumably) other admin were still taking top money, I thought stuff this.

Last I heard was there will be a resolution in two weeks. That was one week ago.

Banjo2014 likes this.
  12. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

Fans are not part of Gordon's definition of "our people".
    That is reserved for McGregor and the incompetent board.

Dragon David, Banjo2014 and hazzbeen like this.
  13. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Can you do anything about a refund through your credit card provider if you paid via CC?

Ordinarily I’ve been of the mantra to let bands/sports etc I’ve bought tickets for that have since been covided keep the cash to help out..

But after today’s announcement & the fact McGregor has been taking full pay... f**k those guys..

14. Qapm

Qapm Juniors

Never. Those walking ball sacks to include The Million Dollar Ballsack McGregor will never get a cent of my money.

This shit has just started.

Step 1: Today reach out to any friend or family Saints supporter, the regular fans that don't post here but support the club in some way. Get them to commit to cancelling memberships, not to buy Dragons merchandise and go drink beer and play pokies at other clubs

15. matPORTS

matPORTS Juniors

Pretty much - I watched my first full Adelaide F1 GP that same year. The Senna driven Marlboro Red and White McLaren-Honda started that obsession. Wonder where it came from hey?

16. Willow

Willow Administrator

That's pretty drastic action and a bloody hassle, but I suppose it's an option. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that.

17. ChocOConnor

ChocOConnor Juniors

Ok let me tell you what’s happened.
    There was never a review

A few players had a chat to Gus about things and Mcfwit was given an idea by Gus to get someone who had experience in coaching and it just happened that Flanno was available. But I can promise you that there was no review. It is just a spin in things where Gus spoke to graham mcinnes Norman was not spoken to but was spoken about. You think I am lying I dare anyone at the club to deny this. There is no document or any notes. Nothing zip. It’s a lie if CCP proportions.

Let me ask any player to come in here and say they were spoken to by Gus and see what they say. Has any player other than Graham mentioned the review. You think Frizz was asked anything I can tell you now he knows nothing about it

When I put this to Gus he blocked me straight away. Tell me I am lying dragons BOD.

blacksafake, Wacky, YoHadrian and 3 others like this.
  18. Banjo2014

Banjo2014 Juniors

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of St George’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” An unnamed Board member said - don't put on the minutes thanks.

I would sincerely love to know what was said on the minutes of the meeting and then those comments made under the protection of - "Gentlemen not for the minutes please" but .................

Then the Press Release is made on a very inaccurate description on what was said in the meeting.

Love to put the Board members under oath .....

Dragon David likes this.
  19. New Dragon

New Dragon Juniors

Fair call just an opinion.. still think from what I hear is he has his
    fair call it’s only an opinion. When you consider who we have chased and who we have lost I reckon he’s been pretty average.

20. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

The decision to not sack Paul McGregor was effectively made prior to St George Illawarra’s 10.30am emergency board meeting on Tuesday, by someone who didn’t participate in it.

Dragons part-owner Bruce Gordon, whose estimated net worth as the head of WIN Corporation is $728 million, is not a director of the club. However, his view was conveyed to the board early in the 45-minute Zoom meeting: the coach is not to be boned.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/go...h-a-win-win-for-mcgregor-20200609-p550uw.html