What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

blacksafake

First Grade
Wayne Bennett is still coaching well, Smithy would do the same..no problem, you don't forget something you have done all your life as a professional!
It is like you mate, no one tells you how to suck eggs in your job!
I think Smithy has been out of the scene too long to coach nrl.
I'd be happy for him to be involved somehow as a coaching director or footy manager.

Bench
I have read on one of the league sites that we have 24 players coming off contract end of next year, can we afford to chase a marquee player.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I have read on one of the league sites that we have 24 players coming off contract end of next year, can we afford to chase a marquee player.

These are the players off contract at our club at the end of 2017:
Euan Aitken, Jack de Belin, Levi Dodd, Josh Dugan, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Yaw Kiti Glymin, Siliva Havili, Jacob Hind, Jacob Host, Drew Hutchison, Tim Lafai, Chris Lewis, Kurt Mann, Jake Marketo, Mose Masoe, Will Matthews, Tyrone McCarthy, Josh McCrone, Taane Milne, Jason Nightingale, Shaun Nona, Russell Packer, Izaac Thompson, Gareth Widdop

Players we should absolutely 100% extend:
Euan Aitken, Jacob Host, Kurt Mann, Taane Milne, Russell Packer, Isaac Thompson, *Josh Dugan

Players i'm on the fence about... Pending their 2017 performance:
Jack de Belin, Drew Hutchison, Mose Masoe, Gareth Widdop, Saliva Havili, Shaun Nona, *Josh Dugan

Players we should cut loose:
Levi Dodd, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Jaw Kiti Glymin, Jacob Hind, Tim Lafai, Chris Lewis, Jake Marketo, Will Matthews, Tyrone McCarthy, Jason Nightingale (retirement most likely).

* Dugan i'm not too sure about. Dugan is incredible, we all know this, he just had an amazing campaign for Australia, but I feel like it's Dufty's time to shine at Fullback from 2018 onwards and Dugan will probably be demanding too much money for a centre. If he's willing to take a pay cut or at least stay where he is with his money then i'd be willing to keep him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Your just about on the money T.R.River , in fact I would be attempting to resign Euan Atkins as quickly as possible, as there must be interest from other clubs who will throw some big money at him before the season is out . Jack de Belin needs a big and a busy year , I hope that he does so and fills the he early potential that he showed .

It would not surprise me to see Josh Dugan at the Roosters or even Manly next year , I hope not but you never know .

Last edited:

Won't need to chase a "marquee player".

If we can shit can the Head Coach they will be lining up to play with the Mighty Red V again.

One positive change in Head Coach and most problems solved moving forward. All our (24) off contract players will want to stay and some will stay for less money.

The crap in the 24 though can follow the Head Coach under the EXIT sign and straight out the front door.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
M

If we can shit can the Head Coach they will be lining up to play with the Mighty Red V again.

One positive change in Head Coach and most problems solved moving forward. All our (24) off contract players will want to stay and some will stay for less money.

The crap in the 24 though can follow the Head Coach under the EXIT sign and straight out the front door.

It's an interesting cross roads. People way over use the "rebuilding" phrase most years when a club is completely screwed.

Right now I do think the mighty saints are at a cross roads in our history.

We have a big roster change up coming so players should be vying for new contracts with us or to move up.

If only we had a coach. if only.

I don't know who to keep in the roster until I know who will be the coach and what structures and philosophy he will bring to the club.

Lethal25

Juniors
M

It's an interesting cross roads. People way over use the "rebuilding" phrase most years when a club is completely screwed.

Right now I do think the mighty saints are at a cross roads in our history.

We have a big roster change up coming so players should be vying for new contracts with us or to move up.

If only we had a coach. if only.

I don't know who to keep in the roster until I know who will be the coach and what structures and philosophy he will bring to the club.
Being at the cross roads indicates you have a choice.

I feel that luxury has largely been removed due to poor performance starting from the top down. I think another C word is better placed, crisis!

Crossbow

Juniors
In case you have forgotten .This is the sack our Sh:t coach thread.
Don't forget last year.He cannot coach a choko vine over a brick shithouse.
Back too the real issue
Sack stupid!

St Georgio

Juniors
In case you have forgotten .This is the sack our Sh:t coach thread.
Don't forget last year.He cannot coach a choko vine over a brick shithouse.
Back too the real issue
Sack stupid!
Well when the bookies have us coming 2nd last, there is no alternative but to continue topping up this thread.

Parramatta
Manly
Wests
St George
Newcastle

BRING BACK BRIAN SMITH PLEASE!

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Anyone else cringe and feel very sad as jack bird is all over the telegraph today talking sharks captaincy and his personal goal set.

Our management are a disgrace to let such an amazing talent go.

Well done droust and mcdrunkard - old frank facer has turned in his grave at what you have done to our club.

One word

Disgusting.

Just another Illawarra junior who had enough of the shit trundled out by the Dragons.

Its amazing over the years how many players have left the area and seem happy enough to do so.

Its okay though the club will sign players like Lafai and tell you everything is great.