What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

SaintHarry

Juniors
Imbecilic post
What other clubs do is no justification for what we do
The clubs you have mentioned all remained highly competitive despite the loss of quality players
The simple fact is we are not competitive and have been that way for some time so your comparison is not relevant
We lose good homegrown players when we have poor rosters and buy shit to fill the holes
When we have a good roster we never determine properly who to keep and who to let go and it bites on the arse

Well said ..

Reactions: Qdf

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Mary would make a great soccer coach. I think he has mixed rugby league up with A league. Then he would also realise scoring points from kicks was a good thing. Unfortunately we can't even scores points from kicks let alone sorting points from attractive attacking play. Sack McGregor and let them use his head as a soccer ball.

Bench
It is being reported in the Sydney Morning Herald that Mary has been relieved of the role of recruitment and retention for 2017 to focus on actually coaching

Is the first step on the plank to his demise

monsterkev

Juniors
It is being reported in the Sydney Morning Herald that Mary has been relieved of the role of recruitment and retention for 2017 to focus on actually coaching

Is the first step on the plank to his demise
Mate i think mary has been relieved of pretty much everything except the title of coach

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
One certainly likes to look for common sense and it is what a rational leader would do.....but time and again this Board shows the in-bred and job protection culture that has strangled our once proud and prestigious club.

I hope someone is right. I do think so.

Then again....I had an extremely strong reliable club source that Cleary deal was almost done.... but when the Board had a specific non negotiable condition that Mary stay in place under Cleary....well he said no. Smart man Cleary and I believe Cleary is a gentleman and would not directly speak out which one must respect. Plan B was a dumb as$ 4 man committee.

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor: Focus Is On The Players
Sun 18th December, 07:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Paul McGregor addresses a number of recent topics concerning the team with i98fm radio personality Marty Haynes.

McGregor reflects on the highs and lows of last season’s campaign as well as discussing the make-up of the high performance department.

Furthermore, he explains his involvement with the recruitment and retention of players within the first-grade squad in addition to commenting on how the new recruits have adapted to the Club.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/12/18/mcgregor_.af_news.html

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor: Passionate About The Club
Sun 18th December, 07:00AM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Paul McGregor addresses a number of recent topics concerning the team with i98fm radio personality Marty Haynes.

McGregor explains the lessons he learnt as a coach last season as well as how his role impacts his personal life away from the field.

Additionally, he address how the playing squad has performed across the first phase of pre-season training as well as what awaits following on from the holiday period.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/12/18/mcgregor__1224309845.af_news.html

Old Timer

Coach
I notice Mary said he is just going to coach this year and that last year he got to close to the players and in some cases to fond of them.
Great that he says he has learnt from that but very concerning that in the video he is out there running, jogging and training with them.
I am sure Ballamy, Bennett and co all do that yeah?

thebigredv

First Grade
I notice Mary said he is just going to coach this year and that last year he got to close to the players and in some cases to fond of them.
Great that he says he has learnt from that but very concerning that in the video he is out there running, jogging and training with them.
I am sure Ballamy, Bennett and co all do that yeah?

He's not a coach.

Latest posts