1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

:joy:

blue bags likes this.
  2. blue bags

blue bags First Grade

MARY Paul McGregor
    has helped

Rugby league great Darren Lockyer and former Dragons Coach Paul McGregor are some of the prominent people who've provided character references for Tristan Sailor.
    He has been granted bail on very strict conditions including that he not contact the woman and report to police daily.
    Sailor doesn't have an NRL contract for next year. League bosses say he won't be allowed to play for any club until the charges are dealt with.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/t...d-attack/019f8d1a-1299-4626-86b6-801b2d67c01b

3. gregstar

gregstar Referee

Well that's the kiss of death.

Electric chair territory.

Ronald Ryan has a successor.

4. merahputih

merahputih Juniors

download (1)mary pic.jpg
    Well, it's nice to see my thread is still running hot long after I'm gone. Who said my term as coach was forgettable?

5. since77

since77 Juniors

Watching Brad Arthur’s press conference on weekend, that bald head has a bit of McGregor about it. He’s also becoming a master of coaching June premiers.

6. BLM01

BLM01 First Grade

Yes he even has a similar similar finals win record
    However the difference being Brad Arthur is honest in his assessment of his side
    blames nobody
    excepts responsibility
    and his side is pretty consistent with a hard fast
    edge. Moses is an issue for him in big games.
    He has made Top 4 twice and had more shots at it than McBlunder ever would have

7. possm

possm Coach

With the final chapter ending in Mary's demise, it is now time to close this book of rubbish and get on with re-bulding this great club that Mary helped to bring down to the depth of despair.

8. ALSGI

ALSGI Bench

Bit harsh on Arthur mate. He’s achieved a shit load more than McBlunder. Parra were unlucky on the weekend imo in so many ways.

merahputih likes this.
  9. merahputih

merahputih Juniors

dean young.jpg download (1)mary pic.jpg itodd payten coachmages.jpg Brad+Arthur+60vw9oq1ILtm.jpg

Can you see a pattern here?

10. ALSGI

ALSGI Bench

Banjo2014, merahputih and getsmarty like this.
  11. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

lol,

[​IMG]

ALSGI, Banjo2014 and merahputih like this.
  12. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

There is an excellent interview with Mary on Finchy uncensored on YouTube. Well worth a watch. If you can put aside the pettiness it’s very interesting.

Dragsters and thebigredv like this.
  13. thebigredv

thebigredv Bench

Great content. Thanks for recommending.

14. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

F4C4E5D2-DD99-48E3-804E-7EE44F27FDF7.jpeg

“ A pattern ? A f##king pattern did you say ? Of course there is . They are all a pack of inbreds . That’s what you get when you visit hillbilly territory in the good old U.S.of A on a fact finding mission so as to get your team into the upper echelons of the premiership .”

“ And one final message to each of you , puss -off and leave me in peace , I am sick to death of showing my pretty face on this website and not getting paid for it ! CLOSE THE THREAD - please . “

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    ALSGI and merahputih like this.
  15. denis preston

denis preston First Grade

Was interesting. Talks about 2018 like we nearly and should have won the premiership.My recollections are that we fell in a heap again back end of season and fluked a win against the Broncos and then the players had enough belief to fight hard against the rabbits, but we were never going any further. You can see how far his power base extends ( and how many mates he has in the gong ) and how he could hoodwink the club into believing he was the man for the job ( he talks the talk without any specifics but it sounds good ! ) Also divulged that a major sponsor ( a builder ) was his best mate so these connections make sense and on the surface he can really come across as a "good bloke " . He probably is but i am glad that Webby was brought in and showed the board that the Illawarra & St George old boys ways don't cut it anymore. Perhaps he made them realize that staying at the bottom year after year ultimately jeopardizes their board positions and the WIN corporate brand.

16. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

The Eels are a side with both ability and limitations and Arthurs manages to squeeze the lemon and extract almost everything out of it including the zest.

We had a side with ability and limitations and our coach let the lemon shrivel and die on the tree then threw it in the bin without squeezing 1 drop of juice out of it.

The reality check is that the Eels are short a player or two but still give a good account of themselves without getting the lollies but Arthurs could get them if the right players are added to the squad which is exactly why Bennett brought Gasnier back.

17. denis preston

denis preston First Grade

Gaz'z reputation went a long way to winning us the GF. Rortors didn't want to give him any space at all and tried to target him to their detriment. The 2 tries to Florence was a result of Lulia coming in to smash Gaz

18. BLM01

BLM01 First Grade

He also made mention again but stretched the truth a little bit that we were one game from the grand final in 2018. Now that’s a little white lie but sounds good as he did not miss the opportunity as another self promotion about what he can offer in coaching
    Before his own coaching rehash and promo stuff it was a great interview and he was worth listening too. .

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  19. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

No way I'm wasting my time listening to him.
    CC

Mjab, redv13, Dragonslayer and 2 others like this.
  20. Reddragon

Reddragon Juniors

I still get joy knowing McGregor has gone. What a waste of six or seven seasons.

Mjab, merahputih and ALSGI like this.