What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Saintsified

Bench
As for McGregor saying the team has over achieved ........... only two people have over achieved in my opinion and that's him and Doust .......... and that's only because those two arse clowns somehow managed to rise to their current positions of employment, which clearly they are incapable of doing in anything like a reasonable fashion.

AGREE 100%

You know what they say? if you set a target and reach it then you didnt set it high enough in the first place, Mary IS A CLOWN and how can he possibly justify that comment, like wow we are should be happy we didnt end up 4th last?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I wonder when our new resident troll (Hail Mary) will re-appear after being beaten by the Dogs.
I believe he proclaimed we would beat the Dogs and go on a winning run to the finals........well that's strike 1
I also remember him stating we were signing Ray Thompson and this was being announced a couple of weeks ago.........mmmm strike 2.........or maybe he meant Joel Thompson, oh well when you are deluded a simple error in name could be forgiven.

MattoDragon

Juniors
The club is toxic. We have Doust, a lame board and a "jobs for the boys" coaching group.
I refuse to blame the players. it is poor coaching, incompetent recruitment and retention and a self-centred CEO and board who must take the blame for our team's demise. Our players are the meat in the sandwich. On the whole, I believe they are putting in the effort, but it is quite obvious there is no leadership or vision from their coach. The players follow a game plan from their coach but the game plan is obviously flawed. For two seasons our attack has been poor, however it has got even worse this year.
Dragonscales, you suggested we give Jason Demetriou a go as head coach. Are you aware he was brought down from North Queensland as our new OFFENSE coach? He's done a great job, hasn't he?
No, what we need is a professional coach with professional assistants. This coach needs to have full control over hiring and firing of players. None of this, Recruitment and Retention group, crap. How often have we heard McGregor say, when asked about recruitment, that's something you need to talk to our Recruitment and Retention group about? This would indicate the coach is not involved. How bloody ridiculous!
I've followed the Dragons since 1965. I've seen many good times and just as many bad times, but this is, by far, the worst period in our club's history. And it will only be remedied by a complete clean out, not of players, but of coaching staff, CEO and board members. And of course, the governance needs to be approved. My fear is that will not happen until this CEO and the current board are removed. They know that once WIN take part control they will get their arses kicked out.
Lets hope the NRL take heed of the petition and act accordingly.
God and Greenberg Save Our Saints!!!

grouch

First Grade
So we've dropped to 12th spot on the competition ladder and are out of finals contention. He's being sacked today, surely

Red V for life

Juniors
So we've dropped to 12th spot on the competition ladder and are out of finals contention. He's being sacked today, surely
Dunno Grouch. A win against the Broncos or Sharks will likely result in Mary seeing out the year and most likely his contract.

Can you imagine the spin if we happen to be the team who breaks the Sharks run? I would be ecstatic with the result but utterly dejected with the consequences at the same time.

Anyway, i get the feeling Doust's and Mary's futures are intertwined now. If one falls, the other will too. It's going to be a while.

blacksafake

First Grade
Sorry to say Grouch, but he's still there.Don't forget he set a target to finish 14th 15th so they are still "over achieving".After the dogs game he'll probably get an extension.

Morrow

Juniors
Dragonscales, you suggested we give Jason Demetriou a go as head coach. Are you aware he was brought down from North Queensland as our new OFFENSE coach? He's done a great job, hasn't he?

To be fair, Jason has been the Cutters coach more than the offensive coach FACT....he was the person to get Benji to first receiver. I agree give him a go an punt Mary. The has done a great job with Cutters.

BringTheNoise

Juniors

To be fair, Jason has been the Cutters coach more than the offensive coach FACT....he was the person to get Benji to first receiver. I agree give him a go an punt Mary. The has done a great job with Cutters.

Maybe my sarcasm detector is a bit off here but I'm not sure if you're saying he's doing a good job or bad job? Your 2 paragraphs seem to directly contradict each other?

Morrow

Juniors
Typing while working sorry mate...IMO he is doing a great job with the cutters and more so now he can do some work as the offense coach. Make him head coach and replace Mary.

Sorry again

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I don't understand the fascination with Ivan Cleary? He's proven a fairly capable coach but this club deserves better. We need a supercoach and a board capable of delivering us one.

Dragsters

First Grade
I don't understand the fascination with Ivan Cleary? He's proven a fairly capable coach but this club deserves better. We need a supercoach and a board capable of delivering us one.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I think Cleary is the antithesis of what we need in a head coach.

I think we need a hard nose or a very experienced coach to turn things around and build for future success.

Either Smith or of those currently officially on the market Toovey would be way ahead of Cleary for mine.

Hell, Gus let Cleary go from the pennies because he said it was too much strain on the bloke.

Imagine what the dragons pressure and expectation would do to him!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I really believe that Michael Maguire is going to be available soon......as somethings going to give at Souths soon. He would be a wonderful candidate having won the Premiership both here and in the UK.

thestevo888

Juniors
Yes he would be the perfect man for a cleanout...not sure if he's able to tone it down sufficiently to be a long term prospect - the noise about player burnout form his approach over at the Bunnies has been pretty consistent for a while now... but a tough experienced coach like him would get us going in the right direction.

Dragsters

First Grade
I really believe that Michael Maguire is going to be available soon......as somethings going to give at Souths soon. He would be a wonderful candidate having won the Premiership both here and in the UK.

Fits the bill for hard nosed and for experienced.

The issue is more about whether doust would go after him or would he see him as a threat to his level of control?

McGuire would certainly not be a puppet.

Latest posts