What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

FlameThrower

Bench
story coming up on Channel 9 news.
Yes, they showed Mary and Doust ....as being under pressure...how many times do you see a CEO being splashed across the news?
Not sure why they had Matthews telling the media the players have the support of Mary and 'Dousty'....
Like the players had the support of Steve Price, Brian Smith, Ricky Stuart, Daniel Anderson, Tim Sheens, Mick Potter....etc...etc...

Zucchini

Juniors
Yes, they showed Mary and Doust ....as being under pressure...how many times do you see a CEO being splashed across the news?
Not sure why they had Matthews telling the media the players have the support of Mary and 'Dousty'....
Like the players had the support of Steve Price, Brian Smith, Ricky Stuart, Daniel Anderson, Tim Sheens, Mick Potter....etc...etc...
I found the use of Matthews as spokesperson very weird. 90% (perhaps more) of the non Dragons' supporting NRL fans would have no clue who he was, and those of us who do know who he is hardly think of him as a senior player.

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor: Promising Signs Within Squad
Tue 2nd August, 12:00PM
A A

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Paul McGregor discusses his team selection ahead of the upcoming fixture against Brisbane Broncos at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Thursday.

McGregor discusses missing second-rower Joel Thompson through suspension and potentially Tyson Frizell as well, pending his NRL Judiciary hearing, in addition to the recent form of fullback Adam Quinlan and centre Taane Milne.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/08/02/mcgregor_promising_s.af_news.html

SaintHarry

Juniors
Dragons you have to be the hardest team in the world to support you literally do it on purpose to us fans every week i say nope not going to watch and in a helpless act of faith i do the opposite .. usually id buy a few pieces of merchandise a year but since steve price iv purchased nothing at all

thebigredv

First Grade
Dragons you have to be the hardest team in the world to support you literally do it on purpose to us fans every week i say nope not going to watch and in a helpless act of faith i do the opposite .. usually id buy a few pieces of merchandise a year but since steve price iv purchased nothing at all

I'd give the up the 2010 premiership to get my team back. It's as if when Wayne walked out the soul of the club followed.

St Georgio

Juniors
I'd give the up the 2010 premiership to get my team back. It's as if when Wayne walked out the soul of the club followed.
You would never ever give up a Premiership, That is the whole purpose of playing the game.
Real Madrid have won 32, Barcelona have won 26, Bayer Munich have won 26, Greek team Olympiakos have won over 40 same with Juventus.
My Dream is to see St George overtake South Sydneys 21, I want to see us dominate the NRL like they did in the 50s/60s.
Peter Doust and Paul M Gregor don't have this ruthless mentality, in defense of Mary, he just doesn't have the technical no how.

SaintHarry

Juniors

I prob wouldn't give up the premiership but i would give the NRL the 10 million dollars back and be done with the JV i know there are fans who are for it but i think its slowly eating away at the once great club that used to be ..

St Georgio

Juniors
I prob wouldn't give up the premiership but i would give the NRL the 10 million dollars back and be done with the JV i know there are fans who are for it but i think its slowly eating away at the once great club that used to be ..
F Illawarra, F Super league, F this supposed super team heralded by Peter Friligos back in 1998, this super team should have at least 4 premiership by Now!

SaintHarry

Juniors
We are all very frustrated at what is happening at the club .. but saints have the most staunch supporters WHO ARE WE ? RED V :v:

TruSaint

Referee
You would never ever give up a Premiership, That is the whole purpose of playing the game.
Real Madrid have won 32, Barcelona have won 26, Bayer Munich have won 26, Greek team Olympiakos have won over 40 same with Juventus.
My Dream is to see St George overtake South Sydneys 21, I want to see us dominate the NRL like they did in the 50s/60s.
Peter Doust and Paul M Gregor don't have this ruthless mentality, in defense of Mary, he just doesn't have the technical no how.

I know your passionate and frustrated, but none of teams you mention have to deal with salary caps...

The last time a team went back to back was the Broncos against us 92/93.

I am all for Mary being sacked, but the NRL is unlike the soccer comps you mention. $$$ dominate.

Old Timer

Coach
I know your passionate and frustrated, but none of teams you mention have to deal with salary caps...

I am all for Mary being sacked, but the NRL is unlike the soccer comps you mention. $$$ dominate.
Tru
$$$ sure do dominate because without them you can never put yourself in the position of winning.
The trouble is the most powerful $$$ are the one's not aren't disclosed.

Dragonscales

Juniors
Unfortunately, if we're going to take over South Sydney's 21 premierships we are going to have to win 21 competitions ourselves.

St George Illawarra Dragons is a different club and we've won one premiership in the eyes of the NRL and the Rugby League Community.

St Georgio

Juniors

Leicester won the 2015–16 Premier League, their first top-level football championship. By some measures it was the greatest sporting upset ever!
ATM our club is a shambles, truth have it I wanted Neil Henry after the Price sacking , if only I had the power back then, we would be writing positive stuff, probably arguing about different issues.I can only dream of the success St George had in the 50s/60s , history repeating again, one thing I do agree times have changed with salary cap.
But I will continue to Dream!

St Georgio

Juniors
Unfortunately, if we're going to take over South Sydney's 21 premierships we are going to have to win 21 competitions ourselves.

St George Illawarra Dragons is a different club and we've won one premiership in the eyes of the NRL and the Rugby League Community.
It is a marriage, we bring some great baggage!