What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That makes sense what your saying Dragonslayer as I cannot understand the reasoning for JD leaving when surely he has a better chance of getting an NRL Head coaching role behind the muppet than Bennett. Unless he got offer big dollars. Money talks and if you are getting double to do the same thing why not.

The only thing that I can think of is something in Mary's contract that stated if he ever made the finals in his first 2 years they will guarantee him a 3rd. Sacking him after yr 2 may have then made it a legal case which they want to avoid. Now they can start him off in Yr 3 and if all goes pear shape after 6 rounds see ya later as they gave him a 3rd year (not a full year but a 3rd season).

Why the hell go for Millward? That is very odd. If they sack Mary after round 6 they should go for Cleary f&*# Hasler for 2018.

As for Hasler if he wins the comp at the Dogs in 2017 I think the damage is done. The way he was treated after 2016 would have probably cut deep. Plus they turfed out his mates so I am sure he is not a happy camper, just one of those disgruntled workers you get that are there just going through the punches until the year is over.

Has anyone watched the Dogs in 2016? They played a smidgen better than Saints. Saints were actually the better team when they last played each other.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
That makes sense what your saying Dragonslayer as I cannot understand the reasoning for JD leaving when surely he has a better chance of getting an NRL Head coaching role behind the muppet than Bennett. Unless he got offer big dollars. Money talks and if you are getting double to do the same thing why not.

The only thing that I can think of is something in Mary's contract that stated if he ever made the finals in his first 2 years they will guarantee him a 3rd. Sacking him after yr 2 may have then made it a legal case which they want to avoid. Now they can start him off in Yr 3 and if all goes pear shape after 6 rounds see ya later as they gave him a 3rd year (not a full year but a 3rd season).

Why the hell go for Millward? That is very odd. If they sack Mary after round 6 they should go for Cleary f&*# Hasler for 2018.

As for Hasler if he wins the comp at the Dogs in 2017 I think the damage is done. The way he was treated after 2016 would have probably cut deep. Plus they turfed out his mates so I am sure he is not a happy camper, just one of those disgruntled workers you get that are there just going through the punches until the year is over.

Has anyone watched the Dogs in 2016? They played a smidgen better than Saints. Saints were actually the better team when they last played each other.

I'd hazard a guess that the Dragons' precarious position had a lot to do with Demetriou's departure.

The Broncos' long term sustainability is secure, this is not the case for our club.

Cleary has already rejected overtures from Doust, and won't be a Saint....ever.

Who could blame him? Whoever replaces McGregor will inherit an almost indelible 'poison chalice'.

Irrevocably sad, but true.

emu62

Juniors
How many names have "we the forum members" now got for McGregor, we should start a list.

Normally I don't like "poor taste" name calling but we do have some rippers.

McGrexit.
McPoison.
L Plate.
Arrogant prick.
McNightmare.

Feel free to add.

McWrecker is my favorite

Gareth67

First Grade
Personally I like - ' the Maestro ' it has a certain ring to it .

Off the track slightly , what is this I hear about John Grant coming to the Dragons and our Peter Doust going to the NRL as their new chairman ? :rolleyes:

Personally I like - ' the Maestro ' it has a certain ring to it .

Off the track slightly , what is this I hear about John Grant coming to the Dragons and our Peter Doust going to the NRL as their new chairman ? :rolleyes:

This would actually be great news for us all.

We wouldn't improve under Grant but Doust would ensure all other 15 teams fall to the same lows as us.

Playing field equal again ;)

How many names have "we the forum members" now got for McGregor, we should start a list.

Normally I don't like "poor taste" name calling but we do have some rippers.

McGrexit.
McPoison.
L Plate.
Arrogant prick.
McNightmare.

Feel free to add.

So the updated list is this,

1). McGrexit.
2). McPoison.
3). L Plate.
4). Arrogant prick.
5). McNightmare.
6). Mcf**kwit.
7). McPotatoHead.
8). McWrecker.
9). McObdurate.
10). McInexperienced.
11). Maestro.

When we get some more we can all vote on a favourite and see if it sticks.

Gareth67

First Grade
This would actually be great news for us all.

We wouldn't improve under Grant but Doust would ensure all other 15 teams fall to the same lows as us.

Playing field equal again ;)

Good point E.H.Dragon , I didn't think about that aspect of the deal when I suggested the idea to the other 16 C.E.O.s , they just looked at me in a rather odd manner and said that they were going for a beer .

With respect could you add ' the ' in front of Maestro on your list , as it is most important , especially when referring
to the most knowledgeable coach , that the game of Rugby League has ever had .

PerthDragon

Juniors
So the updated list is this,

1). McGrexit.
2). McPoison.
3). L Plate.
4). Arrogant prick.
5). McNightmare.
6). Mcf**kwit.
7). McPotatoHead.
8). McWrecker.
9). McObdurate.
10). McInexperienced.
11). Maestro.

When we get some more we can all vote on a favourite and see if it sticks.

How about :

McUseless
McImposter
McImpersonator
McChromeDome :)

Gareth67

First Grade
Here's one that is most appropriate to the coaching skills of Mary .

McDee , with the emphasis being on D , after all that is what wins games .

St Georgio

Juniors
I was lucky to have bumped into an ex dragon player of the nineties, we spoke in length about our coaching issues and available coaches today, I am a massive Brian Smith fan..the facts are we had a terrible roster back then and made 2 grand finals, we both agreed that most players would not have made first grade at any other team.
Brian Smith is an extreme intellect, his knowledge is second to none, he's been out of the game a few years now, a fresh start back to the dragons would see us be a force again, I really hope our dumb board gives him a shot sooner than later!
We need change now! Bring Back Brian Smith!

St Georgio

Juniors
When was the last time Brian Smith actually coached.

You want some one who has been going in the last decade.
Wayne Bennett is still coaching well, Smithy would do the same..no problem, you don't forget something you have done all your life as a professional!
It is like you mate, no one tells you how to suck eggs in your job!

RedVDragon

Juniors

The one clause McF$@kwitt negotiated in his contract was a massive payout in the event he was terminated before his 3 years are up. That is why whenever you ask anyone at the club the standard response is the imbecile is our coach for 2017.

Dragsters

First Grade
The one clause McF$@kwitt negotiated in his contract was a massive payout in the event he was terminated before his 3 years are up. That is why whenever you ask anyone at the club the standard response is the imbecile is our coach for 2017.

Surely by that reasoning the true imbecile is Doust for agreeing to it???