What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack sheens

Should we sack sheens!?

• Yes

Votes: 52 63.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • I dont care

Votes: 9 11.0%

• Total voters

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Royce will make the step OUT with Teflon. They're 'pea's in a pod' those 2- they work well together and cover each others back. But- have they been a success and should Royce be considered? NO!!! His defensive work was pathetic for years on end and Sheens protected him when anywhere else he would have been out the door. Nor has Simmons made any effort to differentiate himself from Sheens- so if Sheens is failing you have to say Simons is too.

PS I trust your saying that for a stir.............
Sadly, Royce has a defence to remain employed.

2009 was the first time the Tigers conceeded less than 500 points in a season.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Yep true- but I think the 'totality' of the Sheens / Simmons would be a killer for Simmons if the club was wanting fresh ideas and new approach. Simmons has too much of Sheens influence. Our problem may be if Sheens does go and the board thinks Sheens has done such a great job they want a Sheens clone to do the job- hey presto!!!! Royce Simmons.

As to his defensive coaching record improvement this year- didnt that only turn around once Gentle was formally brough into the main coaching group? I'd like to see who actually has caused the improvement (Simmons / Gentle). I might be doing Simmons a huge disservice with that suspicion but......................

nyx

Juniors
Royce has always said he wants another go at a first grade coaching job and Sheens always talks him up whenever there is a free coaching position at another team.

Royce would jump at the chance to coach the Tigers, imo, and this worries me greatly.

I'm sure he'd be in our price range too :?

aids

Bench
Sizzler is spoonbait, i would be genuienly worried if he was named coach(of any NRL team)

b.bear

Juniors
I voted to sack him because it shoud have been done long ago but in reality i just dont care anymore. The f.w cant possibly f.u WT anymore than he has. 1 more season cant hurt much more than he already has. I no longer go to the games, I'm iffy about even watching them on Foxtel and my passion remains dulled whilst ever he is there at the helm.

I just figure why continue to get upset? If the WT board and the CEO think everything is fine and let him get away with things- why bother? We have said it all here in the forum and exposed his hypocrisy, cronysim and favouritism but nobody in power at WT ever says anything- they shafted Longmuir when he tried to do something. Let them all rot together I say.

I feel sorry for the players- yes, all the players- even the duds we poke fun at- why are they made to take responsibility and Teflon glides away without any mud thrown at him.

could not agree with you more , while players reps go down the drain the teflon EGO slinks away rep intact.

weretiger

Juniors
why would you play morris at half against the dogs,the only reason i can see is if he put moltzen back at half or a dunley, lewis or whoever and they had a blinder and we beat the dogs -who's going to look like a dickhead then ego before the team ,players and the fans.

sando88

Not a Moderator
its so he fools ricky stewart into playin him at halfback next yr. very clever

leoc

Juniors
How about these as four possible replacements for slippery sheens.
1. Lang
2. murray
3. Hagan
4. Wait for it, Mal Meninga. just a thought.

sando88

Not a Moderator
1. Lang
2. murray
3. Hagan

1. sheens is better
2. sheens is better
3. not taking u sero anymore
4. wud wanna see him at other club 1st but prob no

leoc

Juniors
sando, maybe you're right on the first three but Meninga has been good at origin level.
sheens can coach but not for us anymore. he's stale and out of useful ideas. Bennett had to leave brisbane for both the club and himself to go forward.
His decision making is the sole reason we have missed the top 8 again!!!
Face it Sando, he's run his course here, time to move on

sando88

Not a Moderator
yeh out of tha 4 i give maninga the chance but winnin S.O.S is no big feat look at the team he had shulda won 3-0. we need a coach who listens to the fans b4 he gives team list out we can all vote if we want that team or not lol

macnaz

Staff member
If a goal kicker was to have a success rate of 38.32% over the last 12 years would we call him a super boot ?? NO

If a player had 1 good season in 12 years would he be selected to play for Australia NO

Yet we have Tim Sheens STILL being called a supercoach in the media although as of last week he was sitting on 105 wins out of 274 games and one semi final appearence in 12 years , and also he is appointed the Aus coaching job . Ring any media outlet such as 2sm-2ue-2gb and they will all defend and praise this dickhead then in the next breath criticize the likes of Jason Taylor. I see this shield he has as our greatest obsticle to ever getting rid of him, the board and club are never going to be under any pressure to change things as long as the public fan base are keep quite and are unable to voice their discontent.
We really have to try use our frustration to speak out any which way we can. Use the media as much as possible but be very tacful and have the facts handy as they will shoot u down in seconds. It may not change anything but its better than doing nothing at all.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Do people actually believe Benji's game has changed since he started wearing 6?

We split our halves and have done so for more than just this season. The only thing that has changed with Benji moving from 7 to 6 is how many times he feeds the scrum a game.

The real change that occurred with him moving was bringing in a bloke that could actually play fullback well and someone who had some sort of ability to throw the ball wide. And the fact that we were able to put a very strong defensive side on the park for pretty much the whole duration of our streak.

nomarg

Do people actually believe Benji's game has changed since he started wearing 6?

We split our halves and have done so for more than just this season. The only thing that has changed with Benji moving from 7 to 6 is how many times he feeds the scrum a game.

The real change that occurred with him moving was bringing in a bloke that could actually play fullback well and someone who had some sort of ability to throw the ball wide. And the fact that we were able to put a very strong defensive side on the park for pretty much the whole duration of our streak.

Even when he was playing 7 we were still playing well- just couldn't get the points. Scored the same tries as the Broncos but they kicked another goal, Against Dogs benji didn't play and we still only beaten by 1 conversion..

I hope Sheens stays, he is FINALLY changing things ( thank god) his recruitment has changed. So let him have the 1 last year- no doubt if we are not in the top half of the table mid year then he will get the sack...

In his defence for a number of past years we haven't even spent our cap... so what does the club expect....

Hanscholo

Bench
r u jokin
no1 gonna agree on u
yeh so sheens not gettin good results atm
but he been best we ever had
wat lamb ever done he betrayed us
b4 u say sack sheens who gonna replace him ay sum nobody
p.s. i tigers fan n dont badmouth me, if u gonna badmouth sum1 make it parra or dragons fans ok

Why dont you just get a bot to spam posts...make it easier on all of us and you would make more sense.

DanOz

Juniors
1. Lang
2. murray
3. Hagan

Would love to see Lang, would not be disappointed with giving Murray a go either.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Sheens: We're improving

03/09/2009 1:36 PM

Steve Orme

Despite failing to make the NRL finals for a fourth straight year, Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has declared 2009 a significant step forward for the joint-venture club.
The Tigers will seal ninth spot with a win over competition leaders the Bulldogs at the SFS on Friday night, but could plummet as low as 12th position with a loss.
It's been slim pickings for Sheens' men who have not finished higher than ninth since winning it all in 2005, but the veteran coach is adamant they are a team on the rise.

"It's a disappointment but at the end of the day there's lots of reasons for that but no excuses," Sheens said of his side's failure to qualify for the post-season.
"I'm not here to talk about the last four seasons, I mean there are plenty of sides that were in the eight last year who are running second last this year and a lot further behind us."
"Our consistency has been there for the last four years, we haven't turned it up, we've played some good football.
While reluctant to make excuses, Sheens pointed to the club's heavy injury toll.
"We have had some issues and even losing people out of the last three weeks - key people for the rest of the season - hasn't helped our case," he said.
"I don't think too many sides could lose one of their starting front rows, two wingers and a full-back, all in the space of two weeks and have it not affect their side."
"Again they're just reasons, we're not whinging and our attitude is to come out this week and with what I've got we're going to play and do our best to win the game of footy."
"So I think again, this season in isolation to the last three has been a much stronger season and, with our kids (Toyota Cup team) in the top four as well we've got a lot to look forward to in the next season."
Although still coming to terms with another campaign without finals footy, Tigers captain Robbie Farah echoed his coach's sentiments.
"Even though this season hasn't gone the way we would have liked I'm really optimistic about next year," he said.
"If you'd asked me that the last few years I think not making the semis was really disappointing but this year I can see the progress that we've made."
"And next year I'm pretty confident that we're going to be a different footy team. I know we keep saying that, 'next year, next year,' but I can really see a change in the right direction and already I can't wait for next year."

This is from another thread by Buffalorules here on the WT forum- well, the f.w should be sacked for offering the same old excuses and 'next year' but he wont be. I hate to say it but WT have to actually fall to bits before this idiot will go out the door. One more year..................

My only concern with one more year of the same is that frustrations might build up inside the camp and the issue of the partnership betweeen Tigers & Magpies come undone. As much as I'd love to see the B&W's again at the NRL level neither Balmain or Wests can survive as standalones within Sydney. I hope that is not the legacy this idiot leaves the team.