What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Stuart or lose our team!

Qld Shark

Juniors
Redback if only the club had listened to you March 29th 2009, we would be on way to recovery, but we are still to hit rock bottom, till Ricky has gone

I have a serious question for SSB and Redback
If your next door neighbor is always real noisy and parking on your front lawn and really p!ssing you off, What forum do you use to make them stop?

Surely

Post Whore
Well if they are living together i think the neighbours would get pretty tired of ssb's squealing.

redback

Bench
Blokes like SSB are the real supporters. The ones that care about our club and want to fix the wrongs!

Blokes like SSB are the real supporters. The ones that care about our club and want to fix the wrongs!

Redback, thanks for the support, what hurts a lot of the posters, is that we have been calling for Stuart to be gone long ago, and now that they see this to be fact, it hurts some of those who believe Stuart was the messiah

Vin Fizz

Bench
Matey, I don’t think that is fair to say at all. Everyone here is supporting the club in their own way.

I have a couple of questions RB. How much will it cost us to let Stick go? I presume 2 years salary which I am guessing is say $500 - $800k maybe. There goes 1 years major sponsorship. Then we have to find a replacement costing who knows what. Can we afford that? Doesn’t the coach set up a structure and support staff about him ? Will they all have to go? Is that the problem? Are there only 2 choices ie sack Rick or retain him? Can we add to the support staff at a fraction of the cost of releasing Stick?

I am not yet convinced that you have truly cracked the nut and that Stick is the route of all our troubles. But let me ask you though...if you were the coach standing in front of the players from tomorrow what would you be saying / doing puting in place?

I'm sorry. I'm not a real supporter. I'm just a figment of my imagination. I thought that by standing by my club for more than 30 years showed I was a supporter - obviously I was wrong.

Quigs

Immortal
Yeah give yourself an uppercut Coastal.

You need to get a manager.

Hey booked my tickets with the Virgin. Hitting Bris for the Donkeys game. Might catch up on gameday.

I thought I was a supporter too.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Surely

Post Whore
To lay the blame soley at the coach is a joke.

Not even a great coach like gibson could get any success out of this club which has no clout, no reputaion, a pretty weak junior league and no dodgy developers to enable us to rort the cap.

I can just see the half a dozen top class players a side needs to be competitive flocking here to play under alan wilson.

Quigs

Immortal
Here Coastal

Round 6 Sun, Apr 18, 2:00 PM Broncos Sharks, Suncorp Stadium.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Vossy

Bench
no, the real supporters are those that turn up each week and support the club, not clowns who sit infront of a pc and b!tch and moan continuously without offering a reasonable alternative

like sacking a coach has worked wonders before..

webShark

I am on the fence about retaining Ricky. Who would do any better with this mob?

Tim Sheens coud not get Wests into finals for 5 years with all the flair at his disposal.

Recruitment and strong finance are the issue. Ricky may say something about this when he leaves. Hard to believe he thought Morris and/or Porter were the answer at half. Also, a team with no NRL fullback !! Paris and Brown were bad enough, no we dont even have them. Injury to Kearney a big blow. All NRL teams have a decent full back except us. I cannot believe Ricky doesnt know it.

Recruitment is based on finance. Fix the finance or give them a house Scott Prince style :) or next year we will be signing a new Josh Cordoba again.

samshark

Juniors
I gotta say I am just about sold on the sack Ricky thing as well. I think he has done some great things at the club. He has put in structures and rebuilt the junior system. This will really become evident in the coming years. In fact already is with the SG Ball and u20's team this year.

However IMO Ricky has made a lot of blunders with playing style, personel and selections and continues to do so. The squad there is better than what they show. Our skill level is way down compared to some teams.

And this dour, grinding in your face style of play is killing us. Its interesting to compare this overall style of play to a player who breaks the law doing something stupid i.e Latu etc

You sack the player because he has brought the club into disreput. You need to protect the image, the brand, keep sponsors happy etc etc. However this style of play is boring and not working. Subsequently, everyone hates watching us, we dont rate and we get no free to air coverage because of this. This in turn affects the brand, exposure, corporate dollars etc etc. What is the difference at the end of the day?

So what do you do?

Eion

First Grade
If the coach was a significant part of the problem you'd sack him if a) you could afford the payout b) you could find a ready replacement, and c) you could afford the replacement and additional support staff costs. I don't think we can sack ricky even if we wanted to, we'd have to beg him to go and forego any payout and I just can't see it happening.

I agree ricky is seeming more and more frantic (even if you were going to try kelly at 1. there's no way you could justify leaving him to defend at the back after he put down the first couple) and Tim Smith is probably his last throw of the dice from a credibility point of view. But our only chance longer term imo is a higher profile and fairer go through the new independent commission thingy.

We consistently get no free to air because we are not the roosters and because we have no friends in high places. Form comes and goes, but there are a few favourites year in, year out. Coverage brings money, money brings players, players bring success and sponsors.

bluey

Bench
Not me i am peeved but am sticking with sticky,i just think with last year and early losses this year i can understand some going for the coaches head.But imo if you break it down there has been a lot of crap that is the players fault not the coaches.
So for the time being i will support the club as whole as i have bee doing for a long time.

Latest posts