What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack the G.G.

How can this bloke continue on as the G.G. of Australia.
If one of your kids was molested,by a person in a trusted position and those actions more or less condoned by a person in an even more trusted position,wouldn't you want blood.
How Hollingsworth can reconcile with himself is hard to understand.
However,we have Hollingsworthas a figurehead of Australia,let me record my protest against him.
Howard says he does not regret the appointment and will not sack the G.G.
I mean is that a carte blanche invitation for the paedophiles of the world or what?
I find it highly offensive and disgusting in the extreme that the kids of the today are being set such an example.
I also find it horrific that the molested victims get to see part of the problem rewarded.
This is so outrageous that I can't find words to adequately express my disillusionment
that the people in power(read Howard) see Hollingswoth as O.K.
How Hollingsworth can't see that he has to resign just abolutely bewilders me.
Howard has made much mileage out of his " unAustralian" description of whatever topic he talks about,but let me record my amazement that it must now be "Australian" to be a paedophile.I do not want to be in that number.
I, as a person, (and Australian)think peadophiles should be locked up and the key thrown away.I also think that the same consequences should apply to those, that either through action or inaction support such behaviour.

This thread was prompted by the releasing by Queenslands parliament today the results of the Anglican inquiry into the sex molesting of kids.
The most horrendus thing is that Hollingsworth knew that one of the ministers had a history of paedophile behavior and yet appointed him to a ministry.
I reckon Hollingsworth is a vicarious paedophile.
As he has no principles whatsoever,I hope that his remaining time on this planet is spent in abject misery.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Stupid old git.

People worry about the profile of footballers but we all sit by and let old fool hold up the principals of the old guard... in all its glory.
He goes to church on Sundays and is well respected amongst his peers. But beyond that, he just a sick old bastard.

The irony is that after the PM shafted the Republican debate with notions of democracy, he then abused the appointment of the new head of state by selecting the least popular Governor General since John Kerr.

The benefit of the doubt passed by a long time ago... Hollingsworth has to go.

El Duque

Bench
The PM shafted the republic?

It was the f**kwits that ran it that did that.

As for th GG. Send him to Guantanamo Bay.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The PM set up the convention where he selected the makeup... it was doomed from the beginning as he filled it with a hat full of arseholes.

Hollingsworth would not be the head of state if not for the PM's influence.

imported_justme

Juniors
The PM set up the convention where he selected the makeup... it was doomed from the beginning as he filled it with a hat full of arseholes.
Very true, he manipulated the outcome so that it would never be agreed to. :mad:

Hollingsworth would not be the head of state if not for the PM's influence.
But of course, they have a lot in common, neither take any responsibility for their underlings wrongdoings :(

El Duque

Bench
Whinge Whinge

There was a referendum and they lost.

Why spend billions to achieve nothing anyway? Do you like pissing money up against a wall?

imported_justme

Juniors
Why spend billions to achieve nothing anyway? Do you like pissing money up against a wall?
Why bring Parra into the debate?
emembarrassed.gif

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Compared to your best response. El, did you follow the machinations of the republican convention?

El Duque

Bench
I didn't watch it at all. Changing to a Republic means nothing to me except wasting a shitload of money on somethingthat will not help us one bit.

I don't give a shit about the queen but unless a republic is going to be beneficisl to us what's the point?

Would there be more beds in hospitals?
Would it help the economy/

There's a thousand things that I can't see it doing jack shit for so why change/

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El: "I didn't watch it at all. "
Ah right... well in that case, thanks for your input.
-----------------------
There's an answer to your other points but I understand from all of that that you don't mind the current situation:
The Queen of England is also the head of state of Australia... with an old fashioned Colonial Governor in control who know bugger-all about the modern world....

FYI, the PMs convention divided the Republicans into factions.
In any case, whether it was two thirds majority of parliament (one republican model) or a vote by the people (the other model), it is obvious that the Republic would not have allowed a defacto head of state like Hollingsworth become the country's first president.

El Duque

Bench
No, the current situation doesn't bother me. Some worry about the queen where as I couldn't give a rats arse about her. I see her as some Pom that turns up on the T.V waving her hand or giving a bullshit christmas speech.

Can't see why Hollinsworth wouldn't of been first president. How can you make it out like it's a fact he wouldn't of been?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He was appointed by the PM. Thats how Governors General get the gig...the only formality to make sure the queen gets to rubber stamp it.
Without a skerritt of democracy in sight, some bloke gets to run around like he is the head of state.

Question: Hollingsworth is clearly a dodgy character. Why does the PM continually support him as the current GG?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"wouldn't should be couldn't and these boards need a freaking edit function.."
LOL... in that case, we should continue this discussion at The Front Row.
Maybe after the weekend...

El Duque

Bench
Buggered if I know and I think saying he's dodgy is being too kind.

He still could of been president though. Not all these things were known as facts when he was appointed (not by us anyway)

As President we don't even know if he could of got the arse. If he was convicted I'd say he could of been.

IMO I dunno why the goat doesn't stand down. He's fessed up to his sins and should f**k off.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
El: "IMO I dunno why the goat doesn't stand down. He's fessed up to his sins and should f**k off."

The reason is because he still has the support of the Prime Minister.

Latest posts