What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack the Sheenius

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I would have more hope for the future if we sacked everyone baring 2 or 3 players and came with the mindset of being a brand new team. This rebuild stuff is complete bull shit.

It’s okay though because ‘they are a great bunch of guys’.
:mad::mad::mad:

Umm Tim, who said they weren’t ?

It all comes done to their ability to follow game plans surely?
If they are doing it, as per game plan, that’s on you the coach because it’s a terrible game plan.

If they are not following your game plan, at what stage do you call 1, 3, 5 or all players in, make them accountable and start dropping said number of players?

And here I thought that old rugby league was a simple game when apparently, it’s not.

westerntiger

Juniors
Situation increasingly dire moving forward. You can already see opposition teams don't bother exerting themselves against us anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if other coaches don't start resting players when facing us in the future.

The decision making at the club is horrendously awful and not worthy of a professional sporting team. Doueihi at full back? Seriously? Brooks one of the highest paid players in the NRL and no finals appearances in his career. Questionable whether Pascoe etc want to run the club as anything more than a business/corporate refuge.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I'm wondering if all the players have put too much emphasis on Sheens saying to them to just play what they see in front of them. They have forgotten about structure. They have forgotten about team work. Individual players thinking it is up to them to play what they see and the rest of the team not being ready should anything actually pay off.
Sheens needs to tell every player what their job is and they just stick to that.

simmo1

First Grade

‘Hope we beat the bye’: Sheens jokes about Tigers’ dire season but will ‘never give up’ on team.​

Good to see he can still make jokes after the team just got flogged. But we all know who the flog is.

Api was flogged by the media for his comments about the club while probably still pissed after the GF. What excuse does Sheens have, and why is the media not giving him the same treatment.

Wizardman

First Grade
Api was flogged by the media for his comments about the club while probably still pissed after the GF. What excuse does Sheens have, and why is the media not giving him the same treatment.
He is not a fan, he is a very experienced head coach. Him saying that is a direct reflection of the way we are playing. It was right to punt Madge at the time we did but I never felt any venom towards him. I want Sheens gone asap!

The sad and honest fact is that only sacking Sheens would absolutely not fix our problems. More people than Sheens need their marching orders.
Our number one person we need to punt is Justin Pascoe. He may go ok in the financial stakes but he has been an abysmal failure when it comes to the football department. It is upto him to determine the health in the dressing room, training sessions, results and hire better people if the present guys are not upto it.
As I said, I will not spend a cent on this team until Pascoe and Sheens are gone at the very least. We will not see success with either guy.

Tigerm

First Grade
Serious question:

If we go the whole season without a win will Sheens get sacked?
Hard to know any anymore, he shouldn't last that long if they look like losing every game, but with this club, who the f**k knows.
The trouble will be, who will take over for a season and a bit, assuming Benji has a contract (is he ready)?

However I will say, though I have never rated Sheens, I put a lot of the issues on the players, but especially one player who has been here for a decade and made $m’s out of the club and just hasn’t performed. Trying someone else would be a start, otherwise he will go down with the ship, imo.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Serious question:

If we go the whole season without a win will Sheens get sacked?
You'd have to think he would, but I could not say that with any real confidence.

Sheens came into the job with no real pressure. All he needs to do to keep his job for two seasons is to have the team perform in a competent manner. But, a new problem has arisen...they are not performing in a competent manner.

Your question has brought up a point. What is the cutoff point for Sheens to continue coaching into 2024?

I would have to think that if the Tigers cannot win at least five games this season, he would have to go. Benji would be learning not much from a bloke who cannot get a team to perform himself.

Wizardman

First Grade
We are not winning five games this season. Would have to be some seriously Origin-weakened squads in mid season for this to happen
We will fluke one win somewhere down the stretch. Five wins is going to be a very tall order for this side to achieve. Even if we "just" get there, it is pretty f**king horrible for a 26 round season.

I think four will be the absolute limit for this side.

Shredder

Juniors
Sheens wont get sacked (this time). The club executives couldn't possibly admit such a big mea culpa.

I see some press reports today that Pascoe is the problem. Maybe the drums have started beating.

If Pascoe goes we might see Sheens go. But again, I doubt it.

As a side note, I was a Magpie before a Tiger. I would go to games and watch my team get lapped by 50 every week. Back then I didnt mind as much as now, as I knew we were spending a lot less on players than other clubs.

How can we spend the same amount of money on our top 30 as other clubs?

There is a part of me that wishes this club folds just to put the fans out of their misery. We are a second division club in a competition with only one division.

Tigerm

First Grade
Sheens wont get sacked (this time). The club executives couldn't possibly admit such a big mea culpa.

I see some press reports today that Pascoe is the problem. Maybe the drums have started beating.

If Pascoe goes we might see Sheens go. But again, I doubt it.

As a side note, I was a Magpie before a Tiger. I would go to games and watch my team get lapped by 50 every week. Back then I didnt mind as much as now, as I knew we were spending a lot less on players than other clubs.

How can we spend the same amount of money on our top 30 as other clubs?

There is a part of me that wishes this club folds just to put the fans out of their misery. We are a second division club in a competition with only one division.
For me, I’m not sure what Pascoe has to do with the results of the footy team. Agree he probably supported Sheens taking on the coaching role, not sure who else was available, but I could just picture the board drooling over getting the only man who won a premiership for the club? This imo, has screwed us for the short term.
No one bothered to look at what he has done in the recent past. But once he was given the job, you don’t go and select the players he has to have? Besides that, he has brought in some pretty decent players.

I’ve said this a few times, but imo, the club and the coach have this obsession with Brooks and it is killing us, because his role is so pivotal to what the team does on the field.

The coaching team were obviously aware of this, because they made inquiries to Mitchell Pearce, if the position wasn’t so important it wouldn’t be as big an issue.
But imo, until they can resolve this, I just can’t see us going anywhere.

I will add, that the backline needs to be looked at as well, hopefully we will know a bit more of the there thinking during the bye round, as that’s when they are supposedly making some hard decisions.

But in the meantime, Sheens will argue (with some truth) that he was tasked with setting up the squad for Benji, so it will be hard to sack him now, unfortunately, as I can’t see them sacking 2 coaches in consecutive years.

That's a big call coming from rothfield. After all it was his suggestion at what I can only imagine was a very boozy lunch to hire sheens to train benji.

1. Everyone at that lunch should named and then publicly hung drawn and quartered.

2. Why was anyone from club having lunch with tothfield.

3. Why would anyone listen to what he had to say and then act on it.

This beggars belief

Tigerm

First Grade
That's a big call coming from rothfield. After all it was his suggestion at what I can only imagine was a very boozy lunch to hire sheens to train benji.

1. Everyone at that lunch should named and then publicly hung drawn and quartered.

2. Why was anyone from club having lunch with tothfield.

3. Why would anyone listen to what he had to say and then act on it.

This beggars belief
I think someone who is now a coach, wanted people to listen.

some11

Referee
Cant believe you guys have to put up with this fossil.. again..

Easily one of my most hates coaches. Just rubbish.