What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack the Sheenius

Former Cronulla coach John Morris, who shares the same management company as Sheens, has been mooted as a possible assistant to add to Marshall's coaching staff.

it’s a death wish being under GTA.

Morris is a real coach and should be in charge.

Probably will be by round 13.

On your way Benji you dumb snouty moof moof.

I wouldn't think he would take it on TBH?
Working under GTA would be horrible and humiliating for anyone with any kind of self respect.

I think you’ll find Sheens wasn’t flavour of the month with what’s left of our sponsors and Benji won’t have too long a honeymoon period.

Benji tried to coach our halves this year who were f**king hopeless.

Tim did a better job with the rest of our Godforsaken side.

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
So since we brought Sheens back to the club as head of football, his only real decision was to sack the coach and give himself the job. Then the coward couldn't even see out one season after coaching us to an even worse result than last year despite a better roster.

This club cannot get any lower but I am sure we will try.

So since we brought Sheens back to the club as head of football, his only real decision was to sack the coach and give himself the job. Then the coward couldn't even see out one season after coaching us to an even worse result than last year despite a better roster.

This club cannot get any lower but I am sure we will try.

Yes and with the full complicity and pat on the back by the board and high officials.

But I haven’t seen them break ranks publically since Fultons appointment.

So some insight into their stupidity and resulting self butchery.

Could we have gone into 2024 with Tim who is a worse coach than Madge was?

I can understand your point about cowardice and choosing the day. Even in defeat, there’s no sign of integrity.

It’s getting hard to support this club on a respect level. Weasels and snakes. It’s bad enough losing to have to put with lies all the time.

“Tim did a great job with Pathways “ when he was supposed to do well with first grade. They must enjoy insulting us.

Benji is another insult.

Last edited:
I think you’ll find Sheens wasn’t flavour of the month with what’s left of our sponsors and Benji won’t have too long a honeymoon period.
TSP I think that you're forgetting the major sponsor is Hepatitis Lee, the author of our destruction. If you want to talk about problems in the club, it starts and ends with him. Of course today he came out and acknowledged no-one has the power to remove him, and that he won't even think of going.

The only thing worse than a complete dumbf**k is someone who is doesn't know what they're doing, but isn't smart enough realise it. With HL you have to take his massive ego into account as well. Even if he realised he didn't know what he was doing, he'd never be able to admit it.

Let's have a look at this chapter in our history.

1. It all started with management, Benji, and a bunch newscorp scum at a long lunch. The first question I'd ask is why you'd even do this. No matter what you do, those arseholes are only going to knife you. This was a massive mistake. Any decent administrator would know this and wouldn't even entertain the thought of doing this. And the club would have paid for it. Probably out of members funds.

2. Listening to a suggestion from that arsehat Phil Rothfield. If he told me the sky was the blue, the first thing I'd do is grab an umbrella. He knows absolutely nothing about rugby league........aside from how to tear it down, to profit his Nazi paymasters.

3. I understand poor decisions are made after a long lunch where the alcohol is flowing freely. I've made way too many of them myself. That's why they have this little thing called the cold light of day. So you can re-think your actions and correct them. Like re-employing a 74 year old you sacked 10 years previously, and have a 2 year succession plan for a rookie coach. It's the rugby league equivalent of taking a kid out of the mail room and expecting them to be a competent CEO after 2 years, all while being mentored by someone past mandatory retirement age, who had been fired for incompetence, and had been out of the industry for 10 years. But no.......HL and Co. have thought about it, decided it was a great idea, doubled down and run with it.

4. The rest is a predictable mix of ego and overconfidence, and gross incompetence that anyone could see coming a mile off. I really hope Benji does well. I'm not holding out any hope though. But the real culprit is HL.........and he ain't going anywhere.

TSP I think that you're forgetting the major sponsor is Hepatitis Lee, the author of our destruction. If you want to talk about problems in the club, it starts and ends with him. Of course today he came out and acknowledged no-one has the power to remove him, and that he won't even think of going.

The only thing worse than a complete dumbf**k is someone who is doesn't know what they're doing, but isn't smart enough realise it. With HL you have to take his massive ego into account as well. Even if he realised he didn't know what he was doing, he'd never be able to admit it.

Let's have a look at this chapter in our history.

1. It all started with management, Benji, and a bunch newscorp scum at a long lunch. The first question I'd ask is why you'd even do this. No matter what you do, those arseholes are only going to knife you. This was a massive mistake. Any decent administrator would know this and wouldn't even entertain the thought of doing this. And the club would have paid for it. Probably out of members funds.

2. Listening to a suggestion from that arsehat Phil Rothfield. If he told me the sky was the blue, the first thing I'd do is grab an umbrella. He knows absolutely nothing about rugby league........aside from how to tear it down, to profit his Nazi paymasters.

3. I understand poor decisions are made after a long lunch where the alcohol is flowing freely. I've made way too many of them myself. That's why they have this little thing called the cold light of day. So you can re-think your actions and correct them. Like re-employing a 74 year old you sacked 10 years previously, and have a 2 year succession plan for a rookie coach. It's the rugby league equivalent of taking a kid out of the mail room and expecting them to be a competent CEO after 2 years, all while being mentored by someone past mandatory retirement age, who had been fired for incompetence, and had been out of the industry for 10 years. But no.......HL and Co. have thought about it, decided it was a great idea, doubled down and run with it.

4. The rest is a predictable mix of ego and overconfidence, and gross incompetence that anyone could see coming a mile off. I really hope Benji does well. I'm not holding out any hope though. But the real culprit is HL.........and he ain't going anywhere.
I appreciated this, many truths and uncomfortable reminders.

My understanding is that Lee is elected by the board and so long as he has the numbers, he can continue to be “the emperor with no clothes.”

His supporters on the board are as much to blame as anyone else.

If Tim’s “re-imagining” wasn’t enigmatic enough and I accept your narrative here and your “ skepticism” as to that Ill fated catastrophe, his downfall has its own fascination.

We know the winds of change were blowing a gale just before our Penrith encounter.

So I suspect, that Tim had shown his hand of perceived- into actual incompetence- in the earlier rounds of this year.

And we know Pascoe was ringing around in secret with the blessing of Lee to find a recruiter. Very embarrassing for a head of footy to be kept out of the loop. Hardly constructive.

Others knew, but nobody broke ranks to let Tim and Benji know the end was nigh.

My recollection is that Tim appointed himself, I will check, a few weeks after the Ciraldo fiasco.

I might add, I think he failed to make any real impression on his pathways assignment.

I don’t blame you for suggesting the ordeal remains on foot with no change at the board.

Last edited:
I think I’ve been vocal enough about my thoughts on Benji.

He bought into the Tim project, basically because he fell under a spell of being powerful and respected. It was rash and unwise. It was Matey. He was appointed from above from drunken journos and a frightened board. He is gullible and poorly advised.

And to carry on about how great and holy Tim is today proves it further. So out of touch with the suffering of the club fans. Remarkable

He needs a new role, he’s not a coach at the moment. He should wise up and “ family reason” his way out of it.

Otherwise, his tenure in the game with any power and reputation is going to be very short and he won’t get another shot.

Better to build up and wait until he has a better squad, better skills and learnt this very difficult art. Maybe do some more schooling too.

Be patient and be smart. Hard work and nuance is the way Benji. Choose your battles.

Benji is young and wealthy, he doesn’t need to risk everything now. His manager is a dog to let his client shoot himself in the head. Short sighted, greedy and impotent.

When he gets sacked, probably sooner than later, he will learn the error of his ambition. It’s a tough lesson. It’s a train crash coming. He will be the big loser.

Tim’s sacking should really give him pause for thought. But I fear he hasn’t learned anything,

On my reckoning, Tim’s days were numbered by round 8 or 9 of this season. That’s only a couple of months into a 2 year deal and 3 as some kind of guru paper pusher. That’s when Fulton was given the Ok and Tim’s powers started to be wound back. It was a good decision, but letting him continue as we all know, was rubbish.

The irony is not lost on me that almost to the day Tim is undermined, we beat the premiers. A certain strange twist of fate!

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Cheer up?!

This is one of the happiest days of my Wests Tigers life.
You and me both, brother.

My favourite part is that the board is making Tim see out the season, so he doesn't get to weasel his way of the getting the spoon this year.

Sheens had double the rounds with a better squad that he chose and still couldn't deliver more wins than Madge last year.

You and me both, brother.

My favourite part is that the board is making Tim see out the season, so he doesn't get to weasel his way of the getting the spoon this year.

Sheens had double the rounds with a better squad that he chose and still couldn't deliver more wins than Madge last year.

Yes. 3 wins is horrendous.

I remember when he said it would take 2 or 3 rounds or so to settle in, then it suddenly changed to 2 or 3 seasons.

We went from a prospective finals side to a locker-licking work in progress in a week.

And true to the Matey, his wife got a job at the club too.

That is dodgy as it gets unless she took a job a citizen couldn’t do. Perhaps she was a refugee from England.

Hes going back home he says. He’s had enough of the sniggerings.

He went the Matey way, the optics for him and the club, a 13% success rate could not be overcome.

Although I make it that he was under siege within a few months. He can cling onto that lol.

it’s been a catastrophe, thank you Board.

Last edited:
The article noted “ stakeholders” were behind “ the big push” which wasn’t especially informative or enlightening.

Only a few weeks ago, Lee was explaining to the world by soft journos on 360 that Tim had a solid contract and Fultons job was to seek out and procure players Tim and Benji wanted.

Memory serves, most of us here concluded it was little more than spin and rubbish and there was a hidden agenda, Lee did a very bad job trying to disguise with his tricky legalese.

Why it falls on us LU punters to figure it all out instead of professional journalists says a lot about media competence.

It also shows we have massive honesty problems at this club. the first response is to lie and mislead. Even Pasco was digging his heels in yesterday trying to argue the decision to engage Tim was right, only a few hours after we summarily sacked him. It was so swift, Tim is thinking of quitting us altogether. Feelings hurt no doubt.

We can only conclude that behind the scenes the truth is genuine panic and alarm. Sacking the coach, binning the 5 year program is a 180 like no other! I’m all for it, but I’d prefer the club to simply say that it got it wrong, apologise and that we are starting afresh. It would be a breath of fresh air instead of it telling us how wonderful everything is with a successive spoon and a litany of broken promises. Promote the failed halves coach in to the mix under the wrong assumption he is a demigod. Another celebrity cause.

Still waiting for Lee to sue Peter Peters for defamation. Someone should remind him there are strict time limits for these actions and if he loses it’s very expensive.

There remains absolutely no leadership at our troubled club. I don’t take anything we say on face value. It’s almost certainly going to be a lie or something deceptive.

I can cop losing but not being endlessly lied to.

Lee needs to own this sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
From what I read they will pension Sheens off and he will have nothing to do with the club at all which is good new. I do wonder what it will cost us to get rid of him ?
Since last year we sacked Madge which is said top have cost us 800k, signed Sheens, Benji and Robbie. So let's say the best part of two mill was spent so we could go worse. Any other business the board gets turfed but not us. This is why I say we are light years away from being competitive.

Tigerm

First Grade
From what I read they will pension Sheens off and he will have nothing to do with the club at all which is good new. I do wonder what it will cost us to get rid of him ?
Since last year we sacked Madge which is said top have cost us 800k, signed Sheens, Benji and Robbie. So let's say the best part of two mill was spent so we could go worse. Any other business the board gets turfed but not us. This is why I say we are light years away from being competitive.
I thought Sheens volunteered to leave the coaching? And the club said, he may as well leave altogether (so to speak)?

DJDL

Bench
I thought Sheens volunteered to leave the coaching? And the club said, he may as well leave altogether (so to speak)?

The way it has been reported is that when Sheens took on the coaching role the Club had an option to appoint him back to GM once the coaching was up.

They declined to take up the option and told him “we think you’d be better off in a dementia ward somewhere”.

Genuinely happy for you guys.
I remember thinking back when it was announced he was returning that it could only end in tears.

Fordy20

Juniors
The way it has been reported is that when Sheens took on the coaching role the Club had an option to appoint him back to GM once the coaching was up.

They declined to take up the option and told him “we think you’d be better off in a dementia ward somewhere”.

Genuinely happy for you guys.
I remember thinking back when it was announced he was returning that it could only end in tears.

I'm glad he's gone, but the damage he's wrought can never be undone. Players come and go, rosters can be rebuilt, but wooden spoons are forever.

gordsy

Juniors
I'd say we paid him out. Would you leave over a years pay on the table out of the goodness of your heart. I sure as shit wouldn't.

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd say we paid him out. Would you leave over a years pay on the table out of the goodness of your heart. I sure as shit wouldn't.
Agree, I didn't say he left the club, just the coaching role, but the club then supposedly said to go now, so yes, he would have then got a pay out.