What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saddest song

brook

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
Eeew, talk about a way to make yourself even more miserable!!! Black certainly is pretty morose tune.

let nobody say I don't know how to wallow in self pity when its required :lol:

HevyDevy

Coach
Sometimes being morose can be quite uplifting in a strange sort of way. It's an emotional release I guess or something along those lines. Or I could just be talking sh*t!

Black is certainly sad. My personal favourite off that album is Release. Very atmospheric.

brook

First Grade
HevyDevy said:
Sometimes being morose can be quite uplifting in a strange sort of way. It's an emotional release I guess or something along those lines. Or I could just be talking sh*t!

Nah I agree

plus as far as the break-up thing goes theres a foolproof formula for getting back to normal
step 1 - sad music and icecream
step 2 - angry music and shopping
step 3 - happy music and alcohol

sometimes I'm such a girl :lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
There's only one song that really makes me sad to the point of feeling like crying, "The Background" by Third Eye Blind. Plenty of others get to me but that's the only one that really brings a tear to the eye..."One Headlight" by the Wallflowers is another one I find really sad.

NC

Juniors
The song I'm currently listening to - In Loving Memory by Alter Bridge. Always manages to bring a tear to my eye as it reminds me of two people who have passed away in the past year.

Ridders

Coach
Here without you - 3 doors down....for some reason this song always gets to me (also reminds me of eddie guerrero's death)

crazy john

Juniors
Some more:

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game
Chris Isaak - Forever Blue
Neil Young - Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Roy Orbison - Only The Lonely
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
Moxy Fruvous - The Drinking Song
Bruce Springsteen - The River

Joy Division - Atmosphere
The Smiths - I Know It's Over
Radiohead - True Love Waits (song they play live)

I don't think songs like Adam's Song are sad just because it is about a sad subject. It's more than lyrics that made a song sad, Atmosphere isn't overly sad lyrics.

brook

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
The Whitlams - Buy Now Pay Later (Charlie #2). Excellent song, but sad.

the Whitlams song that gets me is The curse stops here, don't think its ever been released other than as a B side but its a very sad song about Stevie and Andy

Typical that when Tim finally manages to write a really good song he doesn't release it :p

bluesbreaker

Bench
brook said:
the Whitlams song that gets me is The curse stops here, don't think its ever been released other than as a B side but its a very sad song about Stevie and Andy

Typical that when Tim finally manages to write a really good song he doesn't release it :p

Tim has written many really good songs.

brook

First Grade
On that we'll have to disagree ;-)

Personally I find that pretty much all of the really moving whitlams songs (along with the best of their party songs) were written when stevie was still alive (although some of them were not released until after his death).

The Charlie series are probably the best that Tim has done on his own though - I love Charlie number 1 myself.