What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saffy Joins Dragons

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
From Weststigers.com.au

Forward Jarrod Saffy has signed with St George Illawarra Dragons for 2008.

Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager Warren McDonnell said the club had worked hard to keep the second-rower/prop.

“We had been in negotiation with Jarrod and his manager for some time regarding a contract,’’ McDonnell said.

“We have been advised this morning by his manager that Jarrod has agreed to terms with St. George Illawarra.

“Wests Tigers thank Jarrod for his contribution to the club and wish him well for the future.’’

Saffy made his first grade debut for Wests Tigers against South Sydney at Leichhardt Oval in round 26, 2006.

He played eight games for Wests Tigers.

bjm8

Juniors
getting rid of promising props for tried 2nd rowers.

nice work ronald.

Another insightful press release from the f**king mong that is wayne cousins, aided and abeted with a quote from good old Ronald. Luckily, negotiations with Junior Burger's manager were concluded swiftly in June and a 3 year deal was inked.

smeghead

Bench
Yawn Mulli

Saffy going is not as big a deal as you may think. Harlen is a better option than Saffy quite franklyt and people always bitch about us paying overs for players.

What would those people put Saffy's contract worth at????

bullsh*t Harlen is a better deal smeg. Stop toeing the party line on it with the `we can't keep them all mantra'. Harlen is average and as average as he is couldn't even get a start in our pack. Saffy was always the first dropped despite playing well and with aggression whenever called upon

The bloke was hard done by at the Tigers and was one of the few players we had who ran the ball hard and wasn't a pillow.

Goebbels must have been busy with his speak and spell this arvo eh ... probably even had to decline Ronald's usual shout for the Friday counter lunch at Five Dock bowling club

Another who'll do well.

smeghead

Bench
IMO Harlen is a better prospect than Saffy. Saffy is too one dimensional for mine

Answer the question though. For someone who hates that we pay overs for players how much would you have been willing to pay Saffy???

Minimum top tier wage ... 55k
I know for a fact we only offered 40k
Ronald is going to f**king cop it at the AGM .. nepotistic, incompetent, f**ktard

innsaneink

Referee
Fatz gone
Fitzy gone
Bee Gee gone
Jeffery gone
Moodie gone
Saffy gone

Payne signed.

Other squads are finalised and commenced training.
We seem very bloody unorganised.

I thought were sposed to announce a 2nd signing today, instead its a departure.

just when i thought i couldnt get more pissed at the tigers they let go of a fave of mine and i got a feeling we re gonna regret letting him go just like we did with cashmere :crazy:

Estoboy

Juniors
perhaps they are making room for Mason?

but even if they did get his signature, the depature of saffy is disgusting.
smeg i disagree with you, saffy was young and eager and he will go so well at the dragons!

I am in shock, i really am
i feel gut renched that the club would let go of tallent like that

Saffy and Jeffery are two great prospects that will excel at their new clubs.
I hope they come back and haunt us!

I'm disgusted.
I've never felt so low being a tigers fan

smeghead

Bench
Fair enough Estoboy. I see where you are coming from.

I am waiting around to see the fall out of the entire Mason saga before I make a judgement call on our roster. For all I know the Roosters may offload a few forwards like Shackleton etc which could be a cheap pick up.

I like Saffy but in truth I think he will excel more at the Dragons than he could with the Tigers

Hahahha kul there is more chance of angelina jolie taking up space in my bed tonight than there is of Ronald clearing space for Willie Mason. We can't even call an EGM or motion of no confidence because WT is a pty ltd company not a club with an elected board as such. Whatever the case, the clowns in charge must be called to account at the Balmain info day

Estoboy

Juniors
i dare say that the AGM will be attended by many this year

i just hope for the club's sake that they are signing someone amazing

but even so, the loss of saffy is inexcusable

super_coach

First Grade
Whats going on ????I smell a rat--maybe the chiefs at camp concord have some cash on the spoon for 2008. You couldnt stuff a club this well even if you were trying

Latest posts