What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint trent ?

boot

Juniors
First time poster, long time daily lurker!

Might be reading way too much into it - however saw a couple of days ago that Merrin liked his sisters comment on Instagram - 'Londyn excited to see uncle Trent on TV - we are coming for sleep overs if you move to QLD'...

All the rubbish talk has been about him signing with Panthers, Sharks and Warriors...

but Broncos have plenty of TPA and the Wayne Bennett factor which I think will seal the deal.

I suspect Merrin will be a Bronco 2016, thoughts?... yuck!

Changaman

Juniors
The whole Trent Merrin saga is just that. A saga. A soap opera. You are either a Dragon or not. Just sort it out and get on with it.

Mr Red

First Grade
First time poster, long time daily lurker!

Might be reading way too much into it - however saw a couple of days ago that Merrin liked his sisters comment on Instagram - 'Londyn excited to see uncle Trent on TV - we are coming for sleep overs if you move to QLD'...

All the rubbish talk has been about him signing with Panthers, Sharks and Warriors...

but Broncos have plenty of TPA and the Wayne Bennett factor which I think will seal the deal.

I suspect Merrin will be a Bronco 2016, thoughts?... yuck!

yep i think Broncos to be favourites.. close to the gold coast so Sally can still go surfing ;)

boot

Juniors
but Merrin is hated in QLD... not sure why he would cross the border?!

Sally is such a good advocate for the Dragons and would be a real shame to lose such an asset, talent and glamour!

As much as I don't enjoy the soap opera... until that fatty sings (not Merrin) it still gives me some hope on him staying!

Dangle that captaincy carrot Mary!!

bottle

Coach

Sally is such a good advocate for the Dragons and would be a real shame to lose such an asset, talent and glamour!

As much as I don't enjoy the soap opera... until that fatty sings (not Merrin) it still gives me some hope on him staying!

$$$, and Bennett. Broncs could have more cap space available soon, and be in even greater need of some cattle. Trent might earn even more.

love my saints

Juniors
$$$, and Bennett. Broncs could have more cap space available soon, and be in even greater need of some cattle. Trent might earn even more.

Will be interesting to see bennett justifying spending more then $300k on a forward lol. Wasnt that his limit in his dragons days? "No forward is worth more then $300k"?
It seems nowadays forward get as much if not more then the backs.
Wonder if his outlook on the game in this regard has expanded?

bottle

Coach
Will be interesting to see bennett justifying spending more then $300k on a forward lol. Wasnt that his limit in his dragons days? "No forward is worth more then $300k"?

That was his statement then, but -
1) The salary cap has risen since then, by quite some margin. So proportionally the figure will be a fair bit higher than that now.
2) He was referring to Justin Poore.

jenninga

First Grade

Sally is such a good advocate for the Dragons and would be a real shame to lose such an ass et, talent and glamour!

:D

Mr Red

First Grade

and he was only referring to props when making that comment

Last edited: