What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints sign Gidley

Lowey3

Juniors
In our weekly rugby league paper - they confirmed that a deal has already been agreed and the man has signed for two years.

This was confirmed by the St Helens board.

Not that happy tbh.

RABK

Referee
Let's go shopping. We need a Quality winger.

1. Milton Thaiday
2. Luke MacDougall
3. Kurt Gidley
4. Brad Tighe
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns

You get the idea, quality winger to replace Carney. Hopefully Smith see's Kidley as a centre.

RABK

Referee
I've heard a thing or two. ;-)

You know what Fitzgerald is like though.

antonius

Coach
No link supplied, and absolutely nothing on the Radio here in Newcastle about it. Till I hear/or read about it I'll keep an open mind as to the truth of this thread.

Gidsgal

Juniors
antonius said:
No link supplied, and absolutely nothing on the Radio here in Newcastle about it. Till I hear/or read about it I'll keep an open mind as to the truth of this thread.

Yeah, I agree, until i read anything offical, then i don't know if i can believe this

aqua_duck

Coach
macavity said:
if this is true our backline is screwed.
I don't think its that bad, at the moment our backline lacks spark, and none of them are spring chickens either

Burwood

Bench
So does this mean that we can assume that the Knights board have a player all lined up and ready to sign as a replacement?

Gene Krupa

Referee
Burwood said:
So does this mean that we can assume that the Knights board have a player all lined up and ready to sign as a replacement?

Don't be stupid! The board doesn't plan ahead!

Jayell

Juniors
Matt Gidley has been great for newcastle.....even this year he has proven to put in quality performances.
But he is past it. He is not the future of the club. I don't like seeing him leave but its the reality.
You don't win premierships with a bunch of (old) Matt Gidley's in your side

Roy

Juniors
2006 backline

1. thaiday- the only player in the backline you would back to go the lenght of the field
2. carney- gorne
3. midley- gorne
4. carmont- please go
5. quinn- looks like he will go

This doesnt worry me one bit, like i have shown the only player we have that could go the length of the field is thiaday. Imo time to get some new blood in there. I have no doubt at all, infact im 100% certain smith will bring us some new players.

Who is this guy you are talking about never heard of him.

Whats Doing

Bench
I understand he is still under contract for 2007. As another thread stated, they won't let him go unless there is a suitable replacement. Hope Smith has a say as to who a suitable replacement is and not the knights board