What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints Vs Souths

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Out of interest, how many of you live in either Kogarah or Wollongong? A stupid question yes I admit, but the middle aged tool who wants to be Mr Dragon (Willow) asked such a stupid question to our fans and I in turn want to be such a moron. I want to be the Willow of Brisbane.

Good game Dragons ... Saint Benny is now a mere Disciple no doubt.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Saw the light on, thought I'd drop in.

Half our side were out injured too.

The burrow were cheekily singing your club song with ten to go.

Bennet always runs a go-soft as the finals approach, but this was limper than Gregstar at a Miss Universe bikini contest.

Kick back and enjoy the delerium of the finals. All things being equal, youve had a great year.

Easily my favourite poster on this forum :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
Easily my favourite poster on this forum :lol:

Thats very kind of you Broncodr01d, thanks, but at the end of the day, despite the occasional squabble, facials and name-calling, I dont have any real issues with Willow.

Whether he fires off a couple of rounds into a photo of my avatar every night, I just wouldnt know.

Gregstar probably uses two boxes worth. But he deserves to be annoyed, sort of death by his own sword thing.

He is going to make medical history and die of chronic unpleasantness.

Being a friend of mine is like signing up 100 enemies. But many of these mindless, feral, inbred scum are born dickheads anyway so you end up ahead (!).

Now where are these Saints guys......

Rabbit got their tongues?!!

Last edited:

18to87

First Grade
Look, clearly this is not the way Bennett 'planned' for us to come into the finals, and tonight was easily the worst game of football I have ever watched us play.

Maybe this is part of the plan. No teams fear the Dragons right now.

Come finals time, Bennett flicks the switch on, Boom Premiership :crazy:

Ricardo

Juniors
I just sat there stunned last night and found it very hard to watch. I hope it is just a case of the boys easing up and getting ready to fire up for the finals. Every team is lifting when they come up against us which is no suprise when you are leading the comp.
I have not given up on them yet, but last nights performance doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for next week and the finals :?

Gaba

First Grade
lol @ people saying they arent confident for the finals , for f**k sake its still 2 weeks away so what the dragons lose 3 in a row, yes they should have won this game like i said so f**king what , what is so important about this game if the dragons won and lost next week they will still be 2nd.

The only thing this game has done is im 100% confident the dragons will not lose anohter game this year after next week win, the dragons only need to win 2 more to get int othe grand final and 3 will win the premiership

SilentAssassin

Juniors
How can you honestly be that confident?

You did watch the game right? It's not the fact they lost tonight. Its HOW they lost.

They have went away from EVERYTHING that has been working for them. Grinding out wins. They are playing with 0 confidence. They don't look like they are enjoying their football.

Turning it around isn't going to be that easy. If it were just a case of complacency then I wouldn't worry about it. It's a whole lot more then that though.

LazyDreamer

Bench
How can you honestly be that confident?

You did watch the game right? It's not the fact they lost tonight. Its HOW they lost.

They have went away from EVERYTHING that has been working for them. Grinding out wins. They are playing with 0 confidence. They don't look like they are enjoying their football.

Turning it around isn't going to be that easy. If it were just a case of complacency then I wouldn't worry about it. It's a whole lot more then that though.

Spot on. The fact that up until the Raiders game we hadn't lost by more than 6 points all year...to that sh*t last night (with a full-strength side FFS!). If we go into next week with this form, we'll lose by 60.

My Dragons stubbyholder lies in the backyard, a fallen soldier who'll probably be torn apart by my dogs. 'Cept it was so cold last night, my jumper would be out there too. And that's from turning the footy off after 20. I've never felt so despondant as a Dragons supporter.

Dragonheart

Juniors
I'm friggin' disgusted!!!

We had this whole thing sown up, 8 wins on the trot and every team in the comp not wanting to take us on.....now three losses in a row and will be lucky to stay in the top 4.....what a joke.

I seriously believed this was our year......choked before the finals even started. Anybody who is satisfied that this was just another loss needs to get some heart, as do the players.

Nearly 50 years a Dragon and NEVER have I been so pi$$3d off as I am now.

LazyDreamer

Bench
It's funny. After 22 rounds, we looked like having the minor premiership, top point scorer, top try scorer, probable Dally M player of the year.

After 25 rounds...:oops:

Gaba

First Grade
way people are carrying on its like the dragons missed out on making the finals

instead of being in the top 2

grandorient

Bench
FFS,

Iv'e been a Dragons supporter for nearly 50 years and I luv em now as much as ever. It's pride in the colours, the logo, the club and the team. I was dissapointed with the way they lost last night, but in reality I have bounced back this morning with a lot more confidence.

Will they beat Parra next week, who knows, close game with us winning, or possibly Parra by many points. If they lose next week, sure I'll be dissapointed again, but will bounce back the following day and so on until the final Saints game of the season; which I hope will be the GF.

As Saints fans, we all need to be positive and cheer the coach and boys on for what they are, our team in the NRL.

Wayne Bennett's more than likely reading these posts as we speak, having a good chuckle to himself.

C'mon fellas and gals, and think about the really good things the team has achieved for us this year, and remember most importantly, the season isn't over by a long shot.

GO

18to87

First Grade
way people are carrying on its like the dragons missed out on making the finals

instead of being in the top 2

Your right there is a long way to go, but Souths, I mean ... damn!

My grandma used to say all through the 90's whenever the Broncos would lose a game, that they were getting their bets in because she knew they would always be ready come finals time.

Maybe thats whats going on here. The dragons are going to drop down to 4th favourite possibly and then everyone will get their bets in and then they will turn it back on!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Out of interest, how many of you live in either Kogarah or Wollongong? A stupid question yes I admit, but the middle aged tool who wants to be Mr Dragon (Willow) asked such a stupid question to our fans and I in turn want to be such a moron. I want to be the Willow of Brisbane.
lol. WTF... when did I say this? Did I hurt you?

I don't live in Brisbane.

Here's a question: when you get to the end of an paragraph, do you remember what it was you were trying to say?

God-King Dean

Immortal
And just like that, our win against Melbroune was forgotten.....

Missing out on the MP is disappointing, but ultimately, September is all that matters. I'll reserve my judgement til then.

And finishing 2nd-3rd is still pretty good if you ask me.

TheRev

First Grade
Wayne Bennett's more than likely reading these posts as we speak, having a good chuckle to himself.

Dont think Bennett will be laughing, he will be very dissapointed right now, watching the team fall apart.

And someone else mentioned that he reads these forums, but I don't think he reads these forums, if I was a player or coach, the last thing i would want to read is a bunch of fickle supporters, rabbiting on with unsubstantiated theories, you would have a breakdown listening to it every week.

Dragonheart

Juniors
There's nothing fickle in stating your outrage at that performance, however as usual there is some stupidity being posted.

Hi there first post for me as I have been having puter problems but following the forum with interest.

Obviously what has occurred in the past few weeks is a mindset problem and nothing to do with the individual players skills. They would not have got to where they are now if it was.

If anyone can rectify whats going on in the grey matter it is the coach. Yes he has his work cut out for him and his staff but he has done it before. What we need are the players to trust him and believe in themselves.

Oh and also for us the fans to believe in them as well. Hard for them to gain positives from our negatives. Since when has being in the top four come finals time such a disaster. There are a lot of players and fans from the bottom 8 that would just love to swap places with us.

Cheers