What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales are strong

gallagher

Juniors
For the record, I know two of those guys personally - and know exactly how they developed to enter the Western Force Academy, or the Western Force main squad, so having them in your list was pretty stupid. Rather than 'bluffing' your way through this whole discussion in some poor attempt at gaining credibility (or superiority), just let it go.

IF they had never played Rugby until they moved to Perth, and were then developed through RugbyWA clubs and competitions, to be identified as a talent from Perth's structure, to enter the perth's Western Force team - then they are locally developed, and local talents.

So name them so we can go through their history. But we are getting to know that you cant elaborate on any of your statements, you cant be bothered.

But lets say you are right. That makes 10 out of 34 players are locals. Hardly the majority as you claimed.And if you are claiming Ryan Cross as someone who never played union before coming to Perth your wrong.

gallagher

Juniors
I reckon the answer that joondalup giant is none. But niclas hart nos some personally. There the local ones from WA but spent there 1st 20 years in south africa or nz. lol.

From the Force's website Keiron Longbottom is the only born and raised WA player in the fulltime squad.

gallagher

Juniors
Actually, that list completely incorrect and incomplete - instead, it appears you either cannot read, or have just thrown additional names up there for the sake of bolstering your list to make it look more impressive.

In addition to this, you've neglected to consider / add the numerous academy / development squad players who are apart of the club as well.

Maybe you should learn to "research" better.

Well thats the player profile list straight off their website. Maybe union is such an abhorrent mess that they cant get the names of their players right.
How about you list the players you think are from wa and we can check them out? I'm betting you wont. You might be shocked of the number from league academies, mostly Melb Storm.

WA Roo

Juniors
Very nice job gallagher you owned nicolas hart. I never siad anything about wafl or soccer which will always be the biggest in WA. I said there is more chances to make it if you are a league player.
Nicolas hart said majority of force players are local players from local clubs. Wrong there is only one who has playd one game
He said there are numerous development pathways for union players over league players in WA. Wrong there are more players playing nrl that super union
He said league cannot atract eastern statesr. Wrong reds players are styaing and south perth had a storm halfback this year

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Hey niclas hart

You got no idea. all force players that play in top team are from other places. galagher showed that easy and even ryan cross is from nrl, lol. meanwhile there are 4 or 5 players from perth in nrl. so league has better ways to get to the top of there sport for kids in perth

Plus you siad you are involved in league and union in perth. there is no way you are involved in league so you are a lair as well as a stooge. and you dont no much about union players as well so you must be a afl stooge. lol.

It does seem coincidental that both yourself, and "Joondalup Giant" both seem to actively post at the same time; or at least be online at the same time across multiple applications.

"4 or 5 players from Perth in the NRL" - yet - even with worst case scenario of the inaccurate list posted by Gallagher, there are far more people from "Perth" in both our states team, and no doubt in the other three clubs in Australia.

You know, this whole "debate" is highly amusing. You, your other profile, and your "mates" who are, no doubt, all from the same group, are all hiding behind fake usernames to post information you're clearly too gutless to state on your own terms; seem to be getting hugely defensive on the sport you play; and for what reason?. And, changing your "writing style" to "act" as someone different doesn't fool anyone. It's quite embarrassing for you. I know far more than any of you give me credit for. I think you just like to believe otherwise, because you "think" you know enough information about me to suggest something different. Whatever makes you feel better about what you're saying "mate".

I am very well entitled to provide an opinion on how I believe League will shape up and compete against the other sporting codes in Perth, and Australia. Just because this opinion has differed from yours, you begin to carry on like a three-year old kid who's too proud to see reason and logic. Congratulations on that one. I hope it makes you feel comfortable and safe with your life choice, and in your chosen sport.

gallagher said:
From the Force's website Keiron Longbottom is the only born and raised WA player in the fulltime squad.

This discussion was never centred around who was born and raised in WA. The large percentage of people who LIVE in Perth were not BORN in Perth. In practically every single sport, including Rugby League, there are tonnes of people from other states and countries. The reality is, the majority of people within the Force, across the ranks of their club were trained/identified/produced in Perth. Some of them were poached from NSW/QLD/ACT; and yes, there is a marquee signing from South Africa; though, the remainder have probably lived here longer than your own local team's coach. Oops.

gallagher said:
How about you list the players you think are from wa and we can check them out? I'm betting you wont

Is this some pathetic attempt at trying to make yourself look tough, with some form of "hard line approach" ? .. Don't make me laugh ... I said, prior to this, that I wasn't going to indulge you. Try harder to look cool in front of your mates.

Very nice job gallagher you owned nicolas hart. I never siad anything about wafl or soccer which will always be the biggest in WA. I said there is more chances to make it if you are a league player.
Nicolas hart said majority of force players are local players from local clubs. Wrong there is only one who has playd one game
He said there are numerous development pathways for union players over league players in WA. Wrong there are more players playing nrl that super union
He said league cannot atract eastern statesr. Wrong reds players are styaing and south perth had a storm halfback this year

Yes, he "owned" me. My goodness, for an adult, you behave like a child. Contrary to your self indulged belief; gallagher hasn't actually said anything of value. Rather, he's just thrown useless questions which I'd already said I wasn't going to elaborate on for him, you, or anyone else. Trust me, it clearly upsets you guys more that there's no resolution in this debate, than it does me. Because, I know I'm right with most aspects, and the 'rest' is purely opinion thus no right or wrongs are evident there.

As for you "never mentioning AFL or Soccer" - in my original post , which started your grossly over-emotional and defensive retaliation - I mentioned AFL and Union. You, being the pathetically over-the-top League man you are - decided to get on your high horse, and pick Rugby Union as the focus of your argument ... .because you clearly are so threatened by that code in particular ... pretty pathetic of you mate. Clearly you don't have much faith in your own code, if you're going to continue ranting on, and on, and on about how flawless rugby league is - which I have to laugh at completely - because it's anything but flawless.... except to you. What a credible and unbiased opinion you have as well, right?.

As for "attracting" like, what, 2? 3? people from over east? ... attracting means, they move over here to play for us, because they want to play in Perth. Just because some of them may have coincidentally moved to Perth for a better lifestyle (which, yes, some of them have done); the changing of clubs was more of a forced secondary occurrence and not the primary reason. But don't worry buddy, you continue to tell yourself that your sport was their sole reason for moving. Don't kid yourself or anything?

The best part in all of this - is knowing how protective, upset, and whingey you guys are in the whole discussion. Knowing I've spent the last 5 minutes writing a ridiculously long post, and knowing how much you'll all bitch and moan to eachother in person, (or, in one case, to yourself since you have multiple profiles); and knowing that it actually bothers you that other people don't love your sport as MUCH as you .... makes me an incredibly satisfied man.

Interestingly, the sport you love so much, and you're trying to "promote" - you represent so poorly with your over-extravagent behaviour on a message forum such as this. For those of you who actually play in a particular club, and have formed this little 'clique' ... you're only making yourselves, and the sport you're attempting to promote as "welcoming" and "strong" and "professional" , look exactly the opposite to that. I still love Rugby League though. Fortunately the sport itself is bigger than each and every one of you.

Last edited:

joondalup_giant

Staff member
any1 else realise were definitely not goin to get 2 see "full strength" squads for this trial, the great man Wayne Bennett wont even be there as the All Star v Indigenous game is on the night before!

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
Never is a long time!

RL was stronger than Union in WA in the early 90's and i can see a time when it will be again. The S15 is struggling (WA got more TV viewers for NRL (600k) with no team and games on at 1am than S14 got last year! (550k))

When the NRL finally sorts its ownership problems out and starts getting $'s that should be from media deals then we will a massive resurgence of Rl, including in WA.

Remember the WARU had a $12million development grant from the ARU funded from the RUWC played here so they should have good structures!

AFL will never be in any danger in WA from other codes but the battle for 2nd place between RU, soccer and RL is going to be massive over the next two decades.

Hey mate,

Never is a long time, I agree. It's likely a "bet" I'll lose. League may very well surpass Union. I just personally don't think it will. From a marketing stand-point, Rugby League has a far greater capacity to attract fans; though from a technical stand-point, I think Union has the advantage - having said that, Casual sporting fans in general prefer "hype" over anything else.

I agree that RubgyWA should have strong developmental structures. That's my whole point though. At the moment, their structures are better than League. I never said League won't - eventually - have better structures (or, equally matched structures); just that, at present, their pathways in Perth are lacklustre. I still stand by that - of course, the two (sorry, "three") posters above would beg to differ.

For the record. Thanks for writing a normal reply to the discussion.

I don't care which sport "wins" the race for 2nd place either. To be honest. I love both codes; I hope they both co-exist well together.

joondalup_giant

Staff member
It does seem coincidental that both yourself, and "Joondalup Giant" both seem to actively post at the same time; or at least be online at the same time across multiple applications.

yea quite the coincidence....the truth is out there scully

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
And the truth is that both posters have different IP numbers.

Different people.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Give yourself an uppercut, most of the guys in this forum have been posting here for years and before here, they were posting at other sites like Rleague.com

"4 or 5 players from Perth in the NRL" - yet - even with worst case scenario of the inaccurate list posted by Gallagher, there are far more people from "Perth" in both our states team, and no doubt in the other three clubs in Australia.

Well give out the names of these local WA players earning their money at these other S14 sides.

You know, this whole "debate" is highly amusing. You, your other profile, and your "mates" who are, no doubt, all from the same group, are all hiding behind fake usernames to post information you're clearly too gutless to state on your own terms; seem to be getting hugely defensive on the sport you play; and for what reason?. And, changing your "writing style" to "act" as someone different doesn't fool anyone. It's quite embarrassing for you. I know far more than any of you give me credit for. I think you just like to believe otherwise, because you "think" you know enough information about me to suggest something different. Whatever makes you feel better about what you're saying "mate".

Delusional and Paranoid.

I am very well entitled to provide an opinion on how I believe League will shape up and compete against the other sporting codes in Perth, and Australia. Just because this opinion has differed from yours, you begin to carry on like a three-year old kid who's too proud to see reason and logic. Congratulations on that one. I hope it makes you feel comfortable and safe with your life choice, and in your chosen sport.

This is a RL site and people will get their backs up when some snot nosed wannabe toff comes in here ruining threads and telling everyone how much he likes RL yet at the same time continually putting sh*t on it while making grandiose noises about another sport he supposedly likes about as much.

This discussion was never centred around who was born and raised in WA. The large percentage of people who LIVE in Perth were not BORN in Perth.

So Perth has 800,000 immigrants does it?

In practically every single sport, including Rugby League, there are tonnes of people from other states and countries. The reality is, the majority of people within the Force, across the ranks of their club were trained/identified/produced in Perth.

bullsh*t, you just said over half the population comes from outside of Perth, yet the majority of locals play Union, you're full of crap, the Force have been around for a short time, I don't remember reading or hearing about Perth being a Rugby Union hotbed ever.

Some of them were poached from NSW/QLD/ACT;

SOME :lol:

and yes, there is a marquee signing from South Africa; though, the remainder have probably lived here longer than your own local team's coach. Oops.

Hahahahaha, I thought the biggest signing for the Force was a fella called Matt Giteau who ironically was a RL junior from Canberra?

Is this some pathetic attempt at trying to make yourself look tough, with some form of "hard line approach" ? .. Don't make me laugh ... I said, prior to this, that I wasn't going to indulge you. Try harder to look cool in front of your mates.

No ones trying to be hard or look cool, people are simply sticking up for their sport because some Union troll decided to put sh*t on it.

Yes, he "owned" me. My goodness, for an adult, you behave like a child. Contrary to your self indulged belief; gallagher hasn't actually said anything of value. Rather, he's just thrown useless questions which I'd already said I wasn't going to elaborate on for him, you, or anyone else. Trust me, it clearly upsets you guys more that there's no resolution in this debate, than it does me. Because, I know I'm right with most aspects, and the 'rest' is purely opinion thus no right or wrongs are evident there.

Well he did own you, you got caught out lying with the "half the Force team is full of locals from Perth" BS.

Clearly the team is made up of players from every Bar Perth.

As for you "never mentioning AFL or Soccer" - in my original post , which started your grossly over-emotional and defensive retaliation - I mentioned AFL and Union. You, being the pathetically over-the-top League man you are - decided to get on your high horse, and pick Rugby Union as the focus of your argument ...

Yes, you're a lover of RL aren't you, with fans like you, the WAR have no f**king hope.

because you clearly are so threatened by that code in particular ... pretty pathetic of you mate. Clearly you don't have much faith in your own code, if you're going to continue ranting on, and on, and on about how flawless rugby league is - which I have to laugh at completely - because it's anything but flawless.... except to you. What a credible and unbiased opinion you have as well, right?.

Union a threat to RL out here anywhere :lol:

As was stated, RL already has more players from Perth in its comp than the S14 does and Perth doesn't even have an NRL team, you're a joke.

Is your name Cuz789 from bigfooty?

You going on about RL fans supposedly being scared of Union, yet you signed up to a Rugby League site not because you're a fan of the code, but to stick it up said code for having the balls to want to make another go of it in your neck of the woods again, who's scared?

As for "attracting" like, what, 2? 3? people from over east? ... attracting means, they move over here to play for us, because they want to play in Perth.

Haha, yep, only in Union do you get these types that only play because they love the game.

Of course no one would move to Perth because of the Big $$$$ the club offered, would they?

Just because some of them may have coincidentally moved to Perth for a better lifestyle (which, yes, some of them have done); the changing of clubs was more of a forced secondary occurrence and not the primary reason.

It's money you frigging plonker and that's it, if it wasn't, wouldn't Matt Giteau be staying in Perth because he loves the joint more than the money and because the life style is oh so Greeaaaaaat?

But don't worry buddy, you continue to tell yourself that your sport was their sole reason for moving. Don't kid yourself or anything?

It happens in every code idiot, for gods sake you union fans continually surprise me with how stupid some of you are.

Tell me, do you really think all those Aussies and Kiwis playing league/Union in England at the end of their careers go for the lifestyle, or a top up of the pay packet?

No different to Perth.

The best part in all of this - is knowing how protective, upset, and whingey you guys are in the whole discussion.

The best part actually is you have outed yourself as not a fan of the WA Reds in front of the fans here, good one troll.

Knowing I've spent the last 5 minutes writing a ridiculously long post, and knowing how much you'll all bitch and moan to eachother in person, (or, in one case, to yourself since you have multiple profiles); and knowing that it actually bothers you that other people don't love your sport as MUCH as you .... makes me an incredibly satisfied man.

No, it makes you look like a troll, well done superman, you succeeded, well done.

Interestingly, the sport you love so much, and you're trying to "promote" - you represent so poorly with your over-extravagent behaviour on a message forum such as this.

Hmmm, I thought it was Your sport too?

For those of you who actually play in a particular club, and have formed this little 'clique' ... you're only making yourselves, and the sport you're attempting to promote as "welcoming" and "strong" and "professional" , look exactly the opposite to that.

No, they pulled up your lies and you got the sh*ts.

So what do you do?

Post a heap of massive posts hoping that no one could be bothered to respond to such drivel, well dickhead, you've shown your true colours and they ain't Red.

Stick to the Vichyball, you two deserve each other.

Oh, and way to ruin a thread knob jockey

I still love Rugby League though.

Yeah, as much as a poke in the eye.

Fortunately the sport itself is bigger than each and every one of you.

Yep, and your precious union code out here in every possible way.

BTW, go Parramatta against St George Illawarra, I hope the true fans of Rugby League in Perth go and have a wonderful time and I hope you guys get you team back soon, you can bet it's going to make fans like the one above very very happy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
any1 else realise were definitely not goin to get 2 see "full strength" squads for this trial, the great man Wayne Bennett wont even be there as the All Star v Indigenous game is on the night before!

oh a message on topic!

Yes but last year St's were great value, played alot of the game with majority of their first team squad. Roosters were a disgrace, hence why not invited back. i think most understand it is just a trial but 12,000 turned up last year, we are that desperate for NRL action of any kind!

I thnk St's are coming over for the week to run kids clinics etc which will be great. Shame Bennett won't be here as he is usually a strong advocate in the media for the return of the Reds.

gallagher

Juniors

Damn, I didnt realise that. Though Saints sent a topline squad over last year. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

gallagher

Juniors
yeh, I'm hoping for around 14,000 and 18,000 would be amazing for the june game and send a massive message East. In fact rather than buy a membership I've decided to buy 10 tickets for the June game and drag along a load of freinds!

ps re RU they seem to have some serious issues!
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...walk-out-on-club/story-e6frey4i-1225814487598

I reckon last years would have soldout if every media outlet wasnt saying it was going to do so for the few days leading into the match. I know my AFL mad boss was going to go until he heard it was gonna be a sellout.
Hopefully Souths are a bit higher on the ladder this time round too.

The chance to see Inglis and Slater again should ensure a big turnout you'd think.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I reckon last years would have soldout if every media outlet wasnt saying it was going to do so for the few days leading into the match. I know my AFL mad boss was going to go until he heard it was gonna be a sellout.
Hopefully Souths are a bit higher on the ladder this time round too.

The chance to see Inglis and Slater again should ensure a big turnout you'd think.

That and an increased capacity of 21,000. There was a rumour that last year did actually sell out pre ticket wise but not sure if true.

j5o6hn

Juniors
At the Souths, Storm correct me if I,m wrong but that crowd was at 18000 odd I was there,also at the trial they got 9000 odd,not bad for a game that dont get a lot of mentions in Perth Media.
Unlike RU which is looked after by the State govt,first Perry Lakes then a new admin at the new grounds the Govt is building to replace Perry Lakes,who says Union dont have friends in High places

Nuke

Staff member
Ah hallelujah! The conversation is back on topic again! I might start actually reading it again instead of skimming over the arguements.

Yeah, it's a shame Bennett won't be here (I'd assume) given his pro-expansion and pro-WA NRL team stance, but they'll still uphold the values that won over a lot of WA people last year. I'll admit, I gained a lot of respect and liking for St.George-Illawarra because of their visit here in February this year. At the same time, I lost a lot of respect for Brad Fittler and the Roosters at the way they treated the event. The biggest disappointment in my eyes was Freddy. He has always been my favourite non-Knights player, and one who I would've loved to have met. However, since February, a lot of that has diminished. If I had the opportunity to meet him now, I probably still would, but I wouldn't be upset if I didn't.

I sincerely hope Parramatta's 2010 squad conduct themselves in a similar way to the 2009 St.George-Illawarra squad.

Perth Red

Post Whore
At the Souths, Storm correct me if I,m wrong but that crowd was at 18000 odd I was there,also at the trial they got 9000 odd,not bad for a game that dont get a lot of mentions in Perth Media.
Unlike RU which is looked after by the State govt,first Perry Lakes then a new admin at the new grounds the Govt is building to replace Perry Lakes,who says Union dont have friends in High places

11,500 for Trial and 15,200 for June game. Not sure where they would have fitted the extra 3,000 for teh Sth's game though as it was pretty chockers full