What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess returns to South Sydney

Incorrect

Coach
Yeah Farrell and Walker would be worth about the same.

Tongue in cheek mate... lighten up.

Though we have got an extra 200K+ up our sleeve on top of whatever we were offering Farrell now that the crabman Seffa Paulo has signed with the Sharks so you never know....

Pennies

Juniors
Good to have him back, I though league was a little flat this year with the departures of him, SBW and Hayne.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Burgess - Souths
Taupau/Myles - Manly
RTS/Luke - Warriors
Maloney - Sharks
Foran/Scott - Eels
Merrin - Panthers

Maybe the short term memory is failing, but can't remember too many years where that much rep/top tier talent shifted clubs, especially some who are still very difficult to picture wearing another clubs jersey.

Going to be an interesting season next year.

sd_78

Juniors
Burgess played several union tests in just his first year playing the code.

Hardly a failure.

He reached the top of the tree in English union in just 1 year.

The trouble is he wasn't one of the best centres in England and the English selectors made a big mistake picking him on potential alone.

Even $BW and Brad Thorn took a full season to make the transition.

Exsilium

Coach
The trouble is he wasn't one of the best centres in England and the English selectors made a big mistake picking him on potential alone.

Even $BW and Brad Thorn took a full season to make the transition.

And imho brad thorn was a far better player in every aspect.

Edwahu

Bench
You would think souths depth is going to be kiddy pool level the next couple of years. No choice though really.

Also what happens if players like Grant and Walker refuse to go?

yobbo84

Coach
Happy to have the best players playing in our comp.

Interesting to note that souths apparently had left approx $1mil in their salary cap free for 2016. I mean in order to sign him that's what they would have had to do.

Yep.

I do love when people claim to know what players are on. Basically when a player is let go they were on double what everyone thinks they were. Realistically none of us know and it's all guessing.

Every clubs fans are the same. Their club couldn't possibly be over the cap but everyone else is.

DiegoNT

First Grade
You would think souths depth is going to be kiddy pool level the next couple of years. No choice though really.

Also what happens if players like Grant and Walker refuse to go?

I think walker will have no choice, apperently his used up numerous warnings at the club and the overdose scandal may be grounds to sack him. It may get messy now trying to get cap room sorted for next year

Vic Mackey

Referee

fair call but i think we can be pretty confident in this figure. the NRL blocked folau at parra and benji when he was at the tigers because they said the contracts werent to the players ability. burgess is a top 5 in the comp player, that alone would equate to $1mil a year.

yobbo84

Coach
fair call but i think we can be pretty confident in this figure. the NRL blocked folau at parra and benji when he was at the tigers because they said the contracts werent to the players ability. burgess is a top 5 in the comp player, that alone would equate to $1mil a year.

I trust that the club knows what they're doing. After the Bulldogs and Storm no club would be stupid enough to cheat the cap these days. John Lee said this morning there's still a few things to work out to ensure he fits into the cap - at least one player will be moved on and I'm sure more will follow at the end of 2016.

Incorrect

Coach
I think walker will have no choice, apperently his used up numerous warnings at the club and the overdose scandal may be grounds to sack him. It may get messy now trying to get cap room sorted for next year

Hmmm... So No Burgess = Walker's indiscretions are overlooked and he's part of the family....

But - Burgess comes back = Walker gets the sack 2 months after he and another player OD on club prescribed pain killers....

So I guess depending on what code Sam Burgess wants to play, the South Sydney Club are either a caring and concerned outfit willing to work through issues their players might have... or, they are a ruthless, morally corrupt organisation willing to throw people on the scrapheap under dubious circumstances.... That's the way someone a lot more cynical than me would read it anyway.....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
when he gets back to training, these had better be his first three words, or i'll be disappointed:

tumblr_mtr8wln9qe1s3b47zo1_500.gif