What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess served with show cause notice

skeepe

Immortal
If The charge was for the hair pull? fair enough, the deliberate swinging arm that took the player out of the Game?. well let’s not charge that consistently as he’d miss gf.
Like papali, who finished up hitting him in the head. Regardless of first contact a shot like that that finishes up in the blokes head is getting some charge all season long, unless it’s week before gf. As Sam said, kangaroo court.

Still beating the Papalii drum huh?

HE HIT HIM IN THE f**kING CHEST YOU INTELLECTUAL VOID.

f**k me dead you’re stupid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still beating the Papalii drum huh?

HE HIT HIM IN THE f**kING CHEST YOU INTELLECTUAL VOID.

f**k me dead you’re stupid.

He finished in his face as you can clearly see. Good luck straight arming someone in the chest, ending up on his jaw and avoid getting a charge, unless it’s the week before gf.

no name

Coach
If The charge was for the hair pull? fair enough, the deliberate swinging arm that took the player out of the Game?. well let’s not charge that consistently as he’d miss gf.
Like papali, who finished up hitting him in the head. Regardless of first contact a shot like that that finishes up in the blokes head is getting some charge all season long, unless it’s week before gf. As Sam said, kangaroo court.
The MRC just saving a trip to the judiciary.
If they charged Keary with grade 2, they go to the judiciary and argue it down to grade 1 like Burgess got on Moylan.

Of course the MRC and judiciary are inconsistent, but they got this one right.

Not sure what everyone is blowing up about.

Or do people actually want Keary suspended to prove that the boof headed thug was right?

t-ba

Post Whore
Rugby League fans can only exist in a constant state of moaning, which is only intensified when one spent their formative years dodging soap in Pomgolia.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
My problem is that there is some level of small man bias going on

Josh papalii hits keary with an identical shot in the gf and he will get a grade 1 reckless imo.

I don’t think the shot is worth missing a grand final for but I also think it’s grading is wrong because it was reckless. Perhaps there is a discussion on lowering some of the gradings and using the bin/send off more

Danish

Referee
Isn’t it funny? Papali shoulders a bloke in the jaw, and all roosters fans hope and pray for the big man to get off so he can play his GF.

Keary lightly taps a guy in the face, and raiders fans are whinging like stuck pigs for him to be suspended.

everyone also seems to be forgetting that Kaufusi had a rib injury prior to getting his “head knock”. The fox commentary were laughing at the fact the storm manages to claim an HIA when they were clearly checking his shoulder on the field.

storm played the HIA system in the hopes of a free interchange to fix up his rib injury. Turned out it was not fixable, so he “failed” the HIA.

blaza88z

Coach
Keary last night attained grub status by pulling a handful of hair and then coming in with a swinging arm, if it were a home and away game he would've been sat down for 10.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Isn’t it funny? Papali shoulders a bloke in the jaw, and all roosters fans hope and pray for the big man to get off so he can play his GF.

Keary lightly taps a guy in the face, and raiders fans are whinging like stuck pigs for him to be suspended.

everyone also seems to be forgetting that Kaufusi had a rib injury prior to getting his “head knock”. The fox commentary were laughing at the fact the storm manages to claim an HIA when they were clearly checking his shoulder on the field.

storm played the HIA system in the hopes of a free interchange to fix up his rib injury. Turned out it was not fixable, so he “failed” the HIA.

What would a reckless grade 1 tackle look like if not that ?

And do you think an identical tackle by papalii in the grand final on keary would not attract a grade 1 reckless at a minimum (if not a sin bin in the game)

skeepe

Immortal

And do you think an identical tackle by papalii in the grand final on keary would not attract a grade 1 reckless at a minimum (if not a sin bin in the game)

Soliola got charged for a tackle that didn’t even draw a penalty and, on the broadcast camera angle, you can’t even see.

no name

Coach
Lol the hair pull was clearly accidental. He has gone into a tackle, been palmed off and it the process has just grabbed something.

Nowhere near the same as Burgess.
Agree 100%. The charge is all about the swinging arm.
The hair pull from Keary started off accidental, got palmed heavily and just reached out to hang on, ended up with Kaufusi’s hair. Once his hair got caught in his hand he thought well it’s there now and had a tug at it. Penalty sufficient for that. He was never gonna get charged for the hair pull.
Burgess had the bloke on the ground and thought he’d have a crack.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Kafusi was ruled out of the game with a rib injury. You want Keary suspended for that?

Danish

Referee

no I do not think it would attract either.

as I said, Kaufusi CLEARY went off because of his rib injury. The trainer was checking his torso on the field, and he went off clutching it. The fox team were laughing that the storm were claiming HIA given barely any head contact was actually made. It was even announced during the fox coverage that he wouldn’t be back as he’d succumbed to his rib injury.

it’s frankly laughable how much you raiders fans are going off about this, especially considering your boy Papali knocked a bloke into next week with a shoulder to the head (a tackle that has seen many a player suspended this year)

Chimp

Bench
I'm glad both players are free to play, in my opinion, neither of those challenges should be anything other than a penalty.
However, under the current shambles and embarrassment of a process, both should have copped higher grading. Keary swung his arm in anger as retaliation - that's not careless, it's reckless as a minimum - it was entirely avoidable and intentional.
Papali's shoulder ended up hitting him square on the chin - unintentional to eventually hit him high, and mitigated by the player falling, but it did hit him high.

Anyway, feck it, play on!

Pete Cash

Post Whore
no I do not think it would attract either.

as I said, Kaufusi CLEARY went off because of his rib injury. The trainer was checking his torso on the field, and he went off clutching it. The fox team were laughing that the storm were claiming HIA given barely any head contact was actually made. It was even announced during the fox coverage that he wouldn’t be back as he’d succumbed to his rib injury.

it’s frankly laughable how much you raiders fans are going off about this, especially considering your boy Papali knocked a bloke into next week with a shoulder to the head (a tackle that has seen many a player suspended this year)

He got pissed about the hand to the face and came in to put a shot on and hit him in the head. It was a reckless tackle. I’ve been pretty clear it wasn’t worth rubbing a guy out but if that’s not a reckless tackle what is ?

Papaliis tackle was a hit to the chest

Also let’s say Keary puts his hand in Sia’s face and Sia comes in while Keary is being held by two raiders and puts a big swinging arm that makes contact in the exact spot but knocks him out cold because of the size difference

Do you think there is 100 percent no chance Sia gets sent off and secondly would roosters fans be so calm about it ?

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
He got pissed about the hand to the face and came in to put a shot on and hit him in the head. It was a reckless tackle. I’ve been pretty clear it wasn’t worth rubbing a guy out but if that’s not a reckless tackle what is ?

Papaliis tackle was a hit to the chest

Also let’s say Keary puts his hand in Sia’s face and Sia comes in while Keary is being held by two raiders and puts a big swinging arm that makes contact in the exact spot but knocks him out cold because of the size difference

Do you think there is 100 percent no chance Sia gets sent off and secondly would roosters fans be so calm about it ?

So the Keary hit was the worst high tackle of 2019 then? We haven’t seen another reckless high tackle charge this season I believe.

and yes I am 100% positive no one would be sent off in a GF for that. It would be absolutely outrageous if they were.

you sound like a pearl clutching mother