What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess served with show cause notice

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would Papalii be charged?

Don’t know, maybe the shoulder to the chin that has been a charge all season long? Dont get me wrong, I’m really glad he got let off but if you think that in week three that doesn’t bring at least a one match ban you’re kidding yourself.

skeepe

Immortal
Don’t know, maybe the shoulder to the chin that has been a charge all season long? Dont get me wrong, I’m really glad he got let off but if you think that in week three that doesn’t bring at least a one match ban you’re kidding yourself.

Sometimes you can be quite insightful.

Other times, like this, you’re a complete and total tit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sometimes you can be quite insightful.

Other times, like this, you’re a complete and total tit.

Yep nothing to see here lol. Like I said really glad he will be there but like the slater decision last year it’s example after example of inconsistency,

24174B33-9C25-4CF3-B259-0590E0F8123E.jpeg

skeepe

Immortal
He didn’t hit him on the chin. Nobody should ever be suspended for a tackle like that because there was no high contact.

mave

Coach
I'm really glad he got off, but somewhat sickeningly, Im going to have to agree with PR.

If that was JWH or AFB in week 1-20, that's a week on the sidelines.
Or unless a Josh McGuire type was needed for SOO, then it's probably just a fine.

Consistency is, as always, over-rated.

skeepe

Immortal
I'm really glad he got off, but somewhat sickeningly, Im going to have to agree with PR.

If that was JWH or AFB in week 1-20, that's a week on the sidelines.
Or unless a Josh McGuire type was needed for SOO, then it's probably just a fine.

Consistency is, as always, over-rated.

There was no head contact. What would the charge be? Tackling too hard?

Perth Red

Post Whore
There was no head contact. What would the charge be? Tackling too hard?

It’s above the shoulders and is pretty clear in the above picture, take the green glasses off mate lol the fact he had loading meant any charge was going to rob him of a gf spot. I’d have no problem if they were just honest and said that anything below deliberate isn’t going to see a player miss a gf.

skeepe

Immortal
It’s above the shoulders and is pretty clear in the above picture, take the green glasses off mate lol the fact he had loading meant any charge was going to rob him of a gf spot. I’d have no problem if they were just honest and said that anything below deliberate isn’t going to see a player miss a gf.

A careless grade 1 charge would have been a fine you clueless moron.

But even then, there would have to be high contact. Which there wasn’t.

thorson1987

Coach

First contact

EFenA9vUEAEX4Hz

The whiplash caused the chin to shoulder and because any contact to the head is a penalty it was penalty sufficient.

Someguy

First Grade
First contact

EFenA9vUEAEX4Hz

The whiplash caused the chin to shoulder and because any contact to the head is a penalty it was penalty sufficient.

Pretty conclusive there, first contact chest/ball. Only went on report cause the opposition player played dead.

Burgees on croker a few minutes later was actually worse, lazy swinging arm first contact to the head player got up straight away no report.

Kearys was the worst of the weekend, big wind up, contact to the head of a player taller than himself who was standing upright. Kafusi failed the HIA but nothing dramatic on field, had he played dead after the hit Keary is likely in the bin.

To me it seems we see a big reaction when a player stays down and more is made of the result than the process. This encourages more milking and sees many players avoid penalty for highly dangerous actions simply because the other party avoided injury or just played on injured/went into backplay for treatment after event.

skeepe

Immortal
Lol. Careless grade 1. Seriously? And no charge for the hair pull? Sam will be fuming.

skeepe

Immortal
It wasn’t careless, it was reckless. A swinging arm that high on a player already being held by 2 others? Yeah. This one stinks.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Keary had priors, he would’ve been suspended. Quite consistent, I’d say

If The charge was for the hair pull? fair enough, the deliberate swinging arm that took the player out of the Game?. well let’s not charge that consistently as he’d miss gf.
Like papali, who finished up hitting him in the head. Regardless of first contact a shot like that that finishes up in the blokes head is getting some charge all season long, unless it’s week before gf. As Sam said, kangaroo court.

If The charge was for the hair pull? fair enough, the deliberate swinging arm that took the player out of the Game?. well let’s not charge that consistently as he’d miss gf.
Like papali, who finished up hitting him in the head. Regardless of first contact a shot like that that finishes up in the blokes head is getting some charge all season long, unless it’s week before gf. As Sam said, kangaroo court.

Sam’s been the beneficiary of this supposed kangaroo court when he copped a pissy fine for trying to take Moylan’s head off. Right or wrong, it’s been consistent

t-ba

Post Whore
Meh, if Billy Slater got off last year this is obviously how the judiciary rolls on GF day.

Keary getting off isn't even the most ridiculous decision for a grand final in the last year and a week let alone worth all this moaning.