What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Burgess you dirty filthy Squirrel Gripper

Which is Worse Squirrel or Hoppa?

• Squirrel Burgess

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • The Hopoate

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Both shoild have got 1 year banns

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully souffs and Melbourne meet in the final. After the Storm are up by 50 Chambers should drop him with a Danny Williams type dog shot

Card Shark

Immortal
You see right at the end there as he lets go that he only has the edge of the shorts in his hand. This whole drama has been blown right out of proportion.

Mate I understand you want to defend your player but it's quite obvious that he's grabbed the plums & pulled them, along with his shorts.

You need to watch that angle on a large screen, it's pretty damning. He & you are very lucky it's only a grade 1 charge. It's bottom end of the scale when it really should be mid or high end of the scale.

LESStar58

Referee
Burgess and Chambers had a run-in earlier in the game and Chambers was really getting under his skin. Poor form from big Sam I don't know how his team mates let him get away with it at training .

Yep. I reckon that played a part too. Burgess was angry to the point of stupidity that night. Smithy got him riled up too...

DJShaksta

First Grade
Doesn't handle pressure real well does Sammy.
Fifita ran over the top of him several times when we played them. Sam's reply was a crusher tackle on a defenseless guy on the ground.

LESStar58

Referee

Glen

Bench
LOL @ souffs fans defending it.

2 weeks is a huge copout for something like that. Surely it is on par with or just below eye gouging?

POPEYE

Coach
C'mon, Sam obviously was reliving the Life of Pi, instead of substituting himself with a Tiger he was substituting Chambers for the referees . . . the real ones who need their balls in a vice

Frailty

First Grade
Funny, the Tele is running an article with 'legends' of the game defending him....

So grabbing the nuts is all good, but throwing a punch in origin isn't....

Danish

Referee
But I thought this was all just a big News Ltd conspiracy to take down the mighty souff sinny? Surely they aren't rolling out the cavalry to defend the ball grabbing piece of shit?

Fire

First Grade
Sambo gets angry easily these days.

He's got bigger this season, too.

The fella also hasn't been injured for a while.

Puntastic

Juniors
Second angle here. Looks like he's pulled the edge of his pants. http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...32357-63e9-4f29-8c57-f6af03373d75%7c%7c%7c%7c

Having seen this angle, I actually think it looks worse.

Burgess has intended to do 'some kind' of contrary conduct. There is an active clenching of the fist. He has, at the very best, deliberately tried to wedgie him.

That still cannot justify a grade one charge. :crazy:

He doesn't deserve a lesser charge because his cheating did more harm than he intended. He was still trying to be a grub! He doesn't deserve sympathy :crazy:

TL;DR: It's semantics. He was being a merkin either way. Through the book at him - preferably at his calzones.

Last edited: