What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Faust

Shorty

Staff member
I know that Matt Scott was playing for Sam on Wednesday night, they were close.
I haven't known what to say all week, RIP Sam.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Cowboys will be wearing "184 Sam Faust" under their logo on their jerseys for the rest of 2011. Kudos to the club, NRL and ISC for organising such a tribute so quickly.

beave

Coach
I would love for a Faust tribute jersey to be on sale for the general public, with all $$$ to go to his family and cancer research, I would buy one for sure even though I already have both 2011 jerseys.

Didgi

There is support growing for a piece of silverware in his honour, when we play the Dragons (his junior team 2003-2006)

I would love for a Faust tribute jersey to be on sale for the general public, with all $$$ to go to his family and cancer research, I would buy one for sure even though I already have both 2011 jerseys.

I would buy one as well..good idea Beave...suggest it to the club.

beave

Coach
faust-wide.jpg

IN every tackle, in every run and every moment of play, Sam Faust will be near the hearts of his former brothers-in-arms.

The North Queensland Cowboys will honour their former player by having their NRL jerseys embroidered with "Sam Faust 184" just below the Cowboys' chest logo.

Faust was the 184th player to play an NRL game for the Cowboys when he made his first-grade debut for the club in 2007.

The special jerseys will be worn by the players for the rest of the 2011 season, starting tonight when the Cowboys take on the Sydney Roosters at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

A minute's silence will also be observed in memory of Faust, who died on Monday after a courageous two-year fight against cancer.

Cowboys players will wear black armbands.

Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain said the shirt tribute "seemed the most fitting" for a man who will forever have a special place in Cowboys' history.

"We've obviously given a lot of thought to how we can honour Sam the best we can as a club and acknowledge the great contribution he's had to the club," he said.

"Every player gets a number when they play their first game for the Cowboys and it's important to them and to their place in the history of the Cowboys."

Faust's funeral will be held on Monday in his home town at the Proserpine Entertainment Centre at 10.30am.

The service will be attended by the Cowboys' NRL playing roster and coaching staff, including Aaron Payne, one of several players from the current squad to have played alongside Faust. "I think it's very fitting," Payne said of the tribute to Faust.

Payne said those players on the current squad who did not play alongside Faust had also come to know about his champion qualities.

"The guys that knew him know what sort of bloke he was - he was a champion," he said.

"He'll always hold a special place in my heart."

Latest posts