What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Faust

F-1-11

Juniors
Pretty sure Sam was also a former Australian Powerlifting champ in his school days. RIP Sam.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Hopefully a minute silence Wednesday night for this young man. Despite all the bickering that goes on Rugby League has always been one big family. I'm sure his will get the support they need.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Very sad news. :(

Its such a tragic loss at a very young age, Faust was an underated player at the Cowboys and as mentioned part of that forward pack that drove the Cowboys to the finals in 07, despite injuries.

Its a sad day for the Rugby League world.

My condolences to the Faust family.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hopefully a minute silence Wednesday night for this young man. Despite all the bickering that goes on Rugby League has always been one big family. I'm sure his will get the support they need.

There definately will be on Wednesday night and probably tonights match as well.

As you said Rugby League is like a family.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Terrible news, and at only 26 far to young. All the best to his young family hopefully RL can help them out.

mckinks

Juniors

RIP Sam, such devastating news, and to leave such a young family behind is just tragic.

I must admit I'm a little uncomfortable with this posting below on the website page posted above. I may be wrong but it comes across a little more opportunistic than compassionate (which I'm sure wasn't their intention):

or every person who "likes" Terry White Chemists in Townsville's Facebook page until Tuesday 24th May, they will donate $1 to the Sam Faust Appeal. Get "liking!"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Terry-White-Chemists-Townsville/109456222454202

Either way, I hope they raise some money for Sam's family and I would urge anyone who can donate a few bucks to do so, they've got a tough road ahead.

Iafeta

Referee
Really dreadful news. He seemed a good enough player. I was only thinking the other day what happened to him (as in which Euro club had he gone to), and then I heard there was an auction as he wasn't doing too well. Didn't realise it was that bad. Thats tragic.

Rest in Peace, Sam.