What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SamBurgess gorn to rugby 2015

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I love the article in the Tele today with Crowe blaming SOO for baby john's defection..

Talk about not being able to accept blame for your own club's actions...

Springs

First Grade
Why so serious, dickwit. Unless, you are a pommy bastard.

At least, I state facts, not some bias crap that is more suited to your fantasy world.

You can't be serious ($30k, no way)

WTF are you talking about now?

Can't be serious on what? That no one takes you seriously? You are one of the most idiotic posters on this forum. Or that I make 30k a year and live alright? Yeah, I live in a small country town. Can live quite comfortably for my standards while still paying mortgage and saving to travel.

BranVan3000

Coach
I love the article in the Tele today with Crowe blaming SOO for baby john's defection..

Talk about not being able to accept blame for your own club's actions...

It hasn't got anything to do with the Rabbitohs if Sam has left for a more competitive representative scene. I mean what can a club do?

In any case it reopens a lot of questions about whether enough is being done to grow the game internationally

Springs

First Grade
How the f**k can a pom play SOO ?

I don't know what's stupider, Crowe saying Burgess should be allowed to play Origin or (if it's true) that Sam wouldn't have left if allowed to play. He always said he would rather play for England than NSW. Origin is not the pinnacle of our game and beating a team comprised of the best players from NSW and QLD would be a far bigger achievement than beating just QLD.
Don't know what made him envious about the Origin opener last year. England v NZ at Wembley was a far better game and experience than any Origin game I've been to, which includes last year's opener. I wish the crowd at ANZ could have been as lively and passionate as that Wembley crowd.

Springs

First Grade
It hasn't got anything to do with the Rabbitohs if Sam has left for a more competitive representative scene. I mean what can a club do?

In any case it reopens a lot of questions about whether enough is being done to grow the game internationally

It may be bigger and have bigger crowds, but there's no way he's going to play in a better game than the WC semi last year or have the community sense that the WC did among league fans and towns.

BranVan3000

Coach
It may be bigger and have bigger crowds, but there's no way he's going to play in a better game than the WC semi last year or have the community sense that the WC did among league fans and towns.

Well that's arguable, the Lions tour had an unreal following last year from England. I think there is plenty of support there

Springs

First Grade
Well that's arguable, the Lions tour had an unreal following last year from England. I think there is plenty of support there

I'm not talking about support I'm talking about community sense.
Rugby League is big enough to get big crowds at Wembley yet small enough to really engage with the people of the RL community. I highly doubt we'll see anything like what the players and community achieved at RLWC13 in next year's RWC. It will be all about media and world exposure and trying to be like FIFA. All about trying to be the third biggest sporting event. There will be nothing like the relationship Fiji had with Rochdale for example.

magpie4ever

First Grade
WTF are you talking about now?

Can't be serious on what? That no one takes you seriously? You are one of the most idiotic posters on this forum. Or that I make 30k a year and live alright? Yeah, I live in a small country town. Can live quite comfortably for my standards while still paying mortgage and saving to travel.

Hilarious, so you know every other poster on the site.:crazy:

The reason some posters attack me is I try to present the facts of the real world and not some bias view of a fantasy world where league is the dominant sport in that world.

Springs

First Grade
Yeh moving here when you're in primary school and moving here when you're an adult... I see the similarities. :sarcasm:

He moved to the NT in primary school, not NSW. Didn't move to NSW until he was signed by the Knights, which would make him ineligible under the current laws.

The reason some posters attack me is I try to present the facts of the real world and not some bias view of a fantasy world where league is the dominant sport in that world.

Yeah that's right. Like you presented 'facts' about how much more dangerous a shoulder charge is to any other tackle:roll:
People attack you because you are an arrogant dickhead.

The sparkly eye's slamming thammy burgess left because he couldn't reach the pinnacle of rugby league, ie SOO, to go play yawnion where he also cannot reach the pinnacle of rugby league? :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I mentioned the international game, even the most ardent fantasy world poster would find it hard to disagree that the international game has gone backwards since the ESL became a summer sport. Still you can try and I'm sure you will, I feel sorry for you.:eek:

So you were bullshitting again.

Thanks.

DH.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was it disingenuous of Souths to send an email to members saying they have not discussed Sam leaving and then come out and say they have known he was considering it since returning in December?

re SOO, I am sure it had more to do with the $120k he missed out on earning than the "goosebumps" of being involved. A RLWC semi in front of a packed house at Wembley is less of a game than a run of the mill SOO game that happens three times a year? Please.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
SBW, on the other hand, struggled for a long time making the transition, and most would say that he was a far bigger name than Folau when he switched. A lot depends on the player himself, his particular skill-sets, and his adaptability. There have been some quick learners, and some spectacular failures.

Folau did play some schoolboy rugby union, I thought. Either way, he is a good enough athlete for the AFL to pay him a million a year.

Does anybody who knows sport seriously suggest that there are not good players on either side of the divide who could not make the transition fairly quickly? And some who never, ever would?

But doesn't the fact that Union, as indicated by yourself and Magie4ever, is a far bigger sport and has much participation/dollars and population to choose from indicate the high standard that League is played at?

Based on the size of Union and League globally, if only 1 League player made a International Union side in 50 years, that would be a remarkable achievement.

no name

Referee
The sparkly eye's slamming thammy burgess left because he couldn't reach the pinnacle of rugby league, ie SOO, to go play yawnion where he also cannot reach the pinnacle of rugby league? :lol:

That's a good point.
If Burgess was so hell bent on making the pinnacle of rugby league, why not stay and work towards the international game being the pinnacle.

All of these f**ked up excuses shit me, couldn't play the pinnacle, wanted to challenge myself, I've achieved everything. Etc etc.

At least SBW made his reasons (unwittingly) humorous by comparing bus drivers.