What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow... from a South fan

Criswell

Juniors
I dont mean to look like i am trolling but as a Souths fan who watched last nights game, You seriously have to get rid of Chris. Most Souths fans love the guy for who he is but we were not that unhappy when he left. After last night he is back to his disinterested worst. He just will not either learn nor improve from here on.

How a first grade half who played the full game- uninjured - could score 3? Supercoach points is beyond belief. Halves just about get points for feeding the dammed scrum.

Always liked Parra, and its hard (from souths experience) watching your team stumble around like you are.

Also Stuart is not a team building coach, which is really what you need right now.

Anyway, good luck.

spiderdan

Bench
you're entitled to your opinion but i think in a side that has been disappointing the last couple of weeks, and especially last night, sandow has been our best player having been good in the first three games.

last night the whole team looked crap and disinterested so i think it's a bit harsh to single out sandow after he has put in during pre-season and his efforts og the first three games.

you guys do seem to have stumbled upon a general in reynolds after sandow left. i don't think he's that great a playmaker but he has a great kicking game and good decision making ability on the field (plus is going great behind your pack). would prefer him to pearce come origin time.

Joely01

Bench
He has been a best player for the first 3 weeks in a forward pack getting belted. Put any halfback in our team last night and not much changes.

tresurehunt

Juniors
i thought our forwards went ok last night,it our backs that let us down as well as ill discipline .

Gronk

Staff member
No lie that Sandow did SFA last night.

Just was not interested.

whall15

Coach
He's had three good games out of four so far so I'm willing to give him more of a chance.

Kornstar

Coach
I dont mean to look like i am trolling but as a Souths fan who watched last nights game, You seriously have to get rid of Chris. Most Souths fans love the guy for who he is but we were not that unhappy when he left. After last night he is back to his disinterested worst. He just will not either learn nor improve from here on.

How a first grade half who played the full game- uninjured - could score 3? Supercoach points is beyond belief. Halves just about get points for feeding the dammed scrum.

Always liked Parra, and its hard (from souths experience) watching your team stumble around like you are.

Also Stuart is not a team building coach, which is really what you need right now.

Anyway, good luck.

Thanks for your kind words.......

Djay

Juniors
I'm gonna sound like I'm jumping the gun here but all Souths fans that are gonna hate or criticise on Chrissy wouldn't be doing so if Reynolds never evolved into a top flight half like he has. If you have watched our games this year his been a shining light in a horrible team. Up until last night he really looked like he was enjoying his football again, running it alot more often and has looked really fit. I could name 10 other supposed first graders who too put it bluntly need to f**k off before Chris. The blokes full of talent, if he was playing behind a pack like Reynolds is, he'd look like Andrew Johns. Lets wait and see how things go after and if we decide to buy some forwards and a hooker.

strider

Post Whore
No lie that Sandow did SFA last night.

Just was not interested.

true ... but you could say that for maybe 60% of the team last night tbh

prior to last night sandow has been very good this year - apart from his defense, which everyone knows is a big ask for him with his barrel chest and tiny t-rex arms

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i thought our forwards went ok last night,it our backs that let us down as well as ill discipline .
Mate I thought our forwards were terrible last night, never laid a platform after the first few sets and they just rolled us up the middle all night. The backs weren't much better but I'm not sure what people are expecting from a halfback when his forwards are going backwards.

Criswell

Juniors
I'm gonna sound like I'm jumping the gun here but all Souths fans that are gonna hate or criticise on Chrissy wouldn't be doing so if Reynolds never evolved into a top flight half like he has. If you have watched our games this year his been a shining light in a horrible team. Up until last night he really looked like he was enjoying his football again, running it alot more often and has looked really fit. I could name 10 other supposed first graders who too put it bluntly need to f**k off before Chris. The blokes full of talent, if he was playing behind a pack like Reynolds is, he'd look like Andrew Johns. Lets wait and see how things go after and if we decide to buy some forwards and a hooker.

Mate, honestly this has nothing to do the Reynolds or being smug or anything. In 2011 Chris had 2 games where he ran for zero.... yes you read it, zero metres and this behind predominantly the same pack as Reynolds has now. i still shake my head at that.

Like Loko though....... Can we have him?

TheParraboy

Staff member

This makes me lol

Sandow was dynamite when they had most of their pack out for most the year in 2011.

Or did he do real well cause of contract negotiations :sarcasm:

The guy is a brilliant individual player when on song, no doubt about that. But I for one have always thought he was a poor choice of halfback to fit Parramatta. We just seemed to throw overs at the first decent bloke available who played half

Eels Dude

Coach
I tend not to judge a player on how many 'supercoach' points they pick up. Especially if he's the goalkicker in a team that scores zero points and doesn't make a single line-break. Sandow was poor last night in defence, and took some wrong options in attack, but it didn't help that our entire side was under the pump from the start due to the inept performances of our forwards in both and attack and defence, and decision making by our outside backs which conceded tries and put us under the pump even more. No half would have made a difference last night playing behind a pack that could got continually and so easily dominated in the ruck.

Chipmunk

Coach
This makes me lol

Sandow was dynamite when they had most of their pack out for most the year in 2011.

Or did he do real well cause of contract negotiations :sarcasm:

The guy is a brilliant individual player when on song, no doubt about that. But I for one have always thought he was a poor choice of halfback to fit Parramatta. We just seemed to throw overs at the first decent bloke available who played half

I think he was the ONLY half available at the time so he was paid an absolute motza.

I was never a huge fan, but he is 1 year and 5 games into a 4 year deal on pretty big coin, so we are pretty much stuck with him for the long haul

You can't blame Sandow for last night. It was one of those games where everything went the Roosters way. Everytime the ball hit the deck it found Roosters hands and basically anything that could have gone wrong for Parra, did go wrong.

He was probably the best player on the park for the first three weeks. Even last night he tried to spark a few things but I specifically remember an out ball that got intercepted and an attempt at a 40/20 that was out by about 6 inches.

At least the bloke generally has a dig and I reckon he was at least trying at various stages last night but he is a definite confidence player and last night, nothing went Parra's way.

The big problem with him, as someone else mentioned, is his defence. He simply cannot tackle. You can't sack the bloke as you don't have a better half. Sticky may even have to resort to playing him at fullback in defence. Don't know how he goes defusing bombs but at least they are a 50/50 proposition anyway. When he is up in the front line, he is almost guaranteed to miss a tackle at least every set. When he was one on one at the line with that Roosters winger at the death there, that was just embarrasing.

Chipmunk

Coach
YEP , that is the nutshell.
loved Sandow at Souths , however the truth is the games that we needed to win to make the finals , we were smashed. Sandow was targetted.

It is a pretty sad state when Luke Burt would be considered a world class defender compared to Chris Sandow.

strider

Post Whore
i actually thought sandow's defense was better last night (for the most part - there were still some shockers, but who can blame him at a 0-40 scoreline)

meatloaf

Juniors
Even joey johns and wally lewis in the side last night would of not helped the other 16 players out there to play good.

Latest posts