What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

BunniesMan

Immortal
The long service excemption is capped at 100k you know.
Yes I do, add the 55k a minimum player would take even if we got rid of him and technically 155k is zero. And I'd say his total salary wouldn't be more than 200k. So he'd only be an additional 50k on the cap. For a player like Sutton, as criticized as he is, that is good value. If Sandow doesn't turn into an elite HB, his contract will not be good value.

Liddell

Juniors
The thing is he's the only young halfback in the comp, with the exception of Pearce, who has the ability to be that good. It's all about supply and demand.

Not sure how closely you have watched him, but you will see it over the rest of the season now you know he will be in your colours in 2012. For every intercept he takes or 40/20 he kicks there is the dumb shoulder charge, telegraphed inside ball time after time, always managing to find one of the opposition back 3 when kicking on the last, or the never being able to get a repeat set.

When he's on, he's great to watch, but after 75 odd first grade games, i think i could count those games on one hand. He's improved a little this year, but after nearly 3 years, you would expect that.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes I do, add the 55k a minimum player would take even if we got rid of him and technically 155k is zero. And I'd say his total salary wouldn't be more than 200k. So he'd only be an additional 50k on the cap. For a player like Sutton, as criticized as he is, that is good value. If Sandow doesn't turn into an elite HB, his contract will not be good value.

It's capped at 100k total for ALL players and only kicks in after 10 years of first grade, which is still 3 years away for Sutton. I doubt he's only on 200k a year too. I'd estimate 250 - 300k.

Eels Dude

Coach
Not sure how closely you have watched him, but you will see it over the rest of the season now you know he will be in your colours in 2012. For every intercept he takes or 40/20 he kicks there is the dumb shoulder charge, telegraphed inside ball time after time, always managing to find one of the opposition back 3 when kicking on the last, or the never being able to get a repeat set.

When he's on, he's great to watch, but after 75 odd first grade games, i think i could count those games on one hand. He's improved a little this year, but after nearly 3 years, you would expect that.

I have watched him play a lot and I do know there are a lot of little things he needs to get out of his game. Most importantly his rushing out of the line to put the shoulder charge on, and also celebrating before even putting the ball down is amateurish and is going to cost his side a try sooner rather than later.

The important thing is these are fixable things, and he has a lot of talent and while as you say he's played 75 odd first grade games, he only just turned 22 earlier this year so he has his entire career in front of him and now is the time where he's experienced enough to be able to consistently perform week to week.

2008+Dally+M+Awards+8Q8zY4mR8Xzl.jpg

$andow: the newest halfback to the Eels and the NRL premiership.

Liddell

Juniors
I have watched him play a lot and I do know there are a lot of little things he needs to get out of his game. Most importantly his rushing out of the line to put the shoulder charge on, and also celebrating before even putting the ball down is amateurish and is going to cost his side a try sooner rather than later.

The important thing is these are fixable things, and he has a lot of talent and while as you say he's played 75 odd first grade games, he only just turned 22 earlier this year so he has his entire career in front of him and now is the time where he's experienced enough to be able to consistently perform week to week.

He has said he will be putting away the shoulder charges a few times, they usually creep back in after he makes a mistake or two.

On the positive, his kicking game in 08 was all class, and it comes out every now and then hopefully he can find that again for you guys. He is a competitive little bastard, a trait Mortimer could use some of and hopefully picks up.

Could really go either way. The guy has had nothing all his life, now he is up with the highest paid players in the game.

rabbs

Juniors
The long service player allowance is $100,000 per club and kicks in after 8 years of service

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
StMerge fans like you kept telling us that he was the worst half in the comp.

So he is a good player now is he?

It is ironic. He has been absolutely slated in this site for years. Only last year he was the worst halfback in the competition according to a poll and we were told all off-season that we won't be winning anything with him in the halves. He wins one MOM, against a horrible Cronulla outfit mind you, leaves the club and now according to all and sundry is a gun 7.

That is the thing about this site - and it is no skin off my back at all - but the club is always played before the ball and even before the man. Particularly when that club is Souths.

Anyway, congrats to Parramatta. They got their man. Even if it is the most overpriced contract in the game I think their tenacity is meritorious.

Charlie124

First Grade
Sandow is still a rubbish halfback, theres no doubt about that. But when youre presented with a choice of keeping him or Sutton, and you choose Sutton....then its definately time to l0l@50uff$ just that little bit harder.

RABK

Referee
Who's more overpriced?

Sandow at roughly 450k or Mortimer on roughly 200k?

I'd argue that it's mortimer, he is so useless.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Sandow is still a rubbish halfback, theres no doubt about that. But when youre presented with a choice of keeping him or Sutton, and you choose Sutton....then its definately time to l0l@50uff$ just that little bit harder.

Sutton is the only player in the squad eligible for the loyalty concession. He took a small pay cut and is on the cap for 150K when the loyalty concession is factored in.

He can also play more than one position. I think Sutton is good value at 150K. Sandow, at 400K+ is most certainly not. I applaud the club for both decisions.

beave

Coach
Do the Souths fans agree with me that he is probably more suited to be a 13 than a 6???????????

NZ_10c_Warriors

Juniors
“He is one of the top halfbacks in the competition"

delusion from osbourne on sandow, that's why the club is a joke. a top halfback? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts