What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sutton will be getting long service exemptions in his next contract. It's not as simple as just saying "signed Sutton before Sandow". I believe Sutton will be near zero under the cap.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sutton will be getting long service exemptions in his next contract. It's not as simple as just saying "signed Sutton before Sandow". I believe Sutton will be near zero under the cap.

sutton is 27.. how long as he been at souths for?

boxhead

First Grade
Mannah is so over-rated.

Don't get me wrong, solid player & seems like a nice guy.

But he only played Origin because he's a media darling.

:lol::lol::lol:
So that's why every article, show, expert analysis, commentary or interview I've ever seen that mentions him talks about him being one of the best in the game at the moment? Has huge minutes each game and makes it look easy, still only 23, makes a tonne of metres in each game and is already being talked about as the leader of our forward pack.
Yep. "Over-rated." :lol:
If he isn't picked for Origin it will be a travesty, playing in a sh*t team he still looks better than most other props in the competition.

Last edited:

kmav23

Juniors
But his shit. a turd is free but I still don't want it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its a 4 year deal so Rusty's maths will need a bit of tweaking

no where near $550K a season, not that anyone believed him in the first place

CHRIS SANDOW TO JOIN PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS ON FOUR YEAR DEAL

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels have signed boom halfback Chris Sandow to a four-year deal from 2012.

“I was really impressed with the direction the Eels are heading under Steve Kearney,” Sandow said.

“He is clear on where he wants to take the team and I'm excited to be a part of that future.

“I want to thank South Sydney for everything they've done for me – they gave me my start in the NRL.

“It was a very hard decision for my family and me but I'm really looking forward to joining the Eels next year.

“But for now my focus remains with Souths and I am 100 per cent committed to the rest of the season with my teammates.”

Pirtek Eels coach Steve Kearney said;

“Chris is a young halfback with a lot of potential and he'll be a great asset with regards to what we're building here at the club.

“This is the first step in our recruitment drive and we're looking forward to building on the solid talent base we already have.”

Pirtek Eels Chief Executive Officer Paul Osborne said Sandow's signing was an endorsement of the club's structure and direction.

“Chris's signing is great for our club and great for our future,” Osborne said.

“He is one of the top halfbacks in the competition and the fact he's decided to join us is a sign we're doing a lot of things right at this club.”

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21030

perverse

Referee
lol.. Rusty's maths... this is the guy that wanted to give a million dollars to every American. i mean shit, it'll only cost the government $300mill! that's heaps less than the $700bill that they spent on the bailout!!

amazed he isn't a financial consultant for Obama.

boxhead

First Grade
It's 400K, confirmed by various press and radio releases.
Of course though, whether or not is 400K might be in question to some, but the figure definitely isn't 550K; there are inclinations from the media that when contacted Eels officials laughed off the figure and said it was much lower.

Johns Magic

Referee
Its a 4 year deal so Rusty's maths will need a bit of tweaking

no where near $550K a season, not that anyone believed him in the first place

What in that makes you convinced its not 550K a year?

I don't think it's that much, but where does that article dispel it?

Galeforce

Bench
I think it is about that high. Parra officials could not stand the "club" failure label that was mounting in the press with their inability to close deals , so Sandow has taken advantage of that. Especially with the varying reports that he was going sign with Parra, then Souths and finally Parra. Sandow must have gotten OVERS from Parra and definitely the final Eels deal would have been higher than the Souths deal .$100k more , yes i would expect that as the minimum.

rabbitohs

Juniors
At least it shows the salary cap can work. We spend buig on Inglis we give up ASandow. Fair enough.

I liked his attitude but didn't feel he was the right fit for the team. Good luck Chris!

Latest posts