What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

Johns Magic

Referee
its not $550K no where near it, but you can choose to believe what ever you want

Well I just plainly stated that I believe it to be wrong, perhaps you missed that part.

I'm genuinely interested where the proof is though, which you claim to have.

Why does a four year deal mean what Crowe is claiming must be wrong?

Talanexor

Juniors
Both Moltzen and Lui are signed with the Tigers until end of 2012.

I think Jacob Miller is also signed to 2012.

I'm sure Moltzen could secure a release. It's not like Sheens rates him as anything more than a utility. Even though the Tigers have an unbelievable record when Moltzen plays halfback, Sheens prefers to pick him at fullback or in the centres, where he struggles defensively.

In all honesty, I think Parra could have bought Moltzen and Maloney and STILL had money left over for the $400K a season they have apparently thrown at Sandow.

Sandow can barely string 3 words together, so I really doubt his 3rd party deals appeal.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well I just plainly stated that I believe it to be wrong, perhaps you missed that part.

I'm genuinely interested where the proof is though, which you claim to have.

Why does a four year deal mean what Crowe is claiming must be wrong?

$1.2mill over 4 years, read todays media releases, not hard to work out

it was earlier reported as a 3 year deal

Johns Magic

Referee
$1.2mill over 4 years, read todays media releases, not hard to work out

it was earlier reported as a 3 year deal

Well it's $1.6mill according to the Telegraph so I'm leaning towards everyone just making up figures.

As I said, it would not be 550K a year under the cap. But it wouldn't shock me if he was around 400K under the cap with a bit of third-party money as well.

Something must have enticed him away from Souths, and Souths wanted him to stay...300K sounds too low to me.

Ulysseus

Bench
At least it shows the salary cap can work. We spend buig on Inglis we give up ASandow. Fair enough.

I liked his attitude but didn't feel he was the right fit for the team. Good luck Chris!

Why are you saying goodbye?
The f**king spastic has to play for Souths for the rest of the year, then he takes his comedy act to Parra.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm sure Moltzen could secure a release. It's not like Sheens rates him as anything more than a utility. Even though the Tigers have an unbelievable record when Moltzen plays halfback, Sheens prefers to pick him at fullback or in the centres, where he struggles defensively.

In all honesty, I think Parra could have bought Moltzen and Maloney and STILL had money left over for the $400K a season they have apparently thrown at Sandow.

Sandow can barely string 3 words together, so I really doubt his 3rd party deals appeal.
Sheens sees the sun shine out of every single one of Moltzs orifices

sharko

Juniors
It is clear that Maguire did not have him in his plans for 2012 onwards, played a bit of texas hold em with Parra who paid overs, Souths will buy a proper half for next year, they have plenty of dough in the bank.

Far Canal

Juniors
All you blokes bagging out Parra can think of this - a price is determined by supply and demand (same applies in an auction for a house) etc. The supply for halves was very dry and Parra desperately needs a half (seeing Geoffrey Robson play me have chest pain and f**king angry).

So the equation is basically Sandow>>>>>>> Robson and price wise - who gives a f**k? It is what the market is. You could argue that no player is worth what they are on but hey that is the market.

BunniesMan

Immortal
All you blokes bagging out Parra can think of this - a price is determined by supply and demand (same applies in an auction for a house) etc. The supply for halves was very dry and Parra desperately needs a half (seeing Geoffrey Robson play me have chest pain and f**king angry).

So the equation is basically Sandow>>>>>>> Robson and price wise - who gives a f**k? It is what the market is. You could argue that no player is worth what they are on but hey that is the market.
supply and demand and market forces is one thing, that's obviously what got Sandow his $$$, but value for money is completely different. That's what most people are questioning. And we'll only know at the end of his contract.

Will his recent form be a mirage or will he be an automatic selection for QLD by the end of his contract...time will tell.

haha

Juniors

There is still a limit though, you wouldn't pay ferrari prices for a HSV commodore.
No matter what the market dictates you still have to get some type of value for money.
He MIGHT be a top line player in the future but you have to admit Parra have taken a massive risk with thier $1.6Million bet on potential.

Eels Dude

Coach
It is clear that Maguire did not have him in his plans for 2012 onwards, played a bit of texas hold em with Parra who paid overs, Souths will buy a proper half for next year, they have plenty of dough in the bank.

Like who?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths keep Sutton, Parra got Sandow. Me thinks the Eels got the better deal!
He'll play his 10th year in the contract he just signed, that plus the low demand for him would have meant we got him very cheaply. I doubt it affected the Sandow situation much.

Eels Dude

Coach
What in that makes you convinced its not 550K a year?

I don't think it's that much, but where does that article dispel it?

I'd say it's because of Rusty stating Inglis would be on 600k a year at the Rabbits despite initially it being just a 200k included in the cap.

haha

Juniors
Souths keep Sutton, Parra got Sandow. Me thinks the Eels got the better deal!

Sutton doesn't take up 10% of the cap like Chris will at Parra.
Sandow has the potential to be the better player and only time will tell if he is worth that much coin.
For what they take out of the cap i'd keep Sutton over Sandow.

Eels Dude

Coach
Sutton will be getting long service exemptions in his next contract. It's not as simple as just saying "signed Sutton before Sandow". I believe Sutton will be near zero under the cap.

The long service excemption is capped at 100k you know.

Eels Dude

Coach
Even if its not $550K its still massive overs.

I know there is a lack of halfbacks out there at the moment, but that kind of money for Sandow is just ridiculous.

Anything above $400K is getting to Thurston, Cronk, Prince money. Sandow is just not that good.

The thing is he's the only young halfback in the comp, with the exception of Pearce, who has the ability to be that good. It's all about supply and demand.

Liddell

Juniors
I wouldn't take Sutton no matter how little he wanted

He's been ordinary this year, but the guy can play. He topped the try assists a few years back. My guess is he would be taking about $150k of cap space. Im just hoping Maguire moves him out of the halves and gets him to pull his finger out.

Latest posts