What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow gorn - off to Parramatta

johns_reds

First Grade
Its probably around 400-500k with 3rd party payments which takes him over the 500k, figures announced at the start are always ballooned then we find out the real figure is which counts towards the cap.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Not unlike Inglis, Taylor, Burgess et al. What a stupid, bitter statement from one of the worst CEO's in the game
I agree in part but I think what Porky was implying was that Parramatta paid massive overs for him, just like Bond paid K Packer massive overs for nine in the eighties.

I think Packer's line was something like: "You only get one Alan Bond in your lifetime".

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The pressure of the Eels #7 jersey, they wont be happy till they find someone equal or better than Sterlo, and we all know thats unlikely in our lifetimes.

maybe they could just keep no.7 as TBA every week, and have sandow play in the no.18 jersey?

I can't believe it actually says that about Alan Bond on the website.

I just went and checked, how ridiculous!!!!!!

Now get ready for the fickle fans.....he was never that good, we didn't want him anyway, we have our "kids" coming through.

Just wait.

Canard

Immortal
If its anywhere near $500K a season (and I suspect its not) his manager should be on the cover of Forbes for deal of the year.

Patorick

Staff member
Massive overs.

All due respect to Sandow, he is a good player, but this has shades of Paul Green (Cowboys) and Craig Field (Manly) all over it.

yobbo84

Coach
At those figures, who can blame him? I would've done the exact same thing. Good luck to the kid, he's going to need it.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
win-win for sandow..

increase in pay and now a shot at winning the title during his career..

Nevcost

Juniors
Actually tbh this reminds me more of when Parra signed another Chris to play halfback for them, Chris Thorman

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eels are denying the $550K claim by Rusty, my guess is around $450K which tbh is overs for this kid.

I think he has benefited from the fact that Eels dont have a decent half and there is no one else thats half decent that is available, and he had a blinder last weekend.

Timing is everything.

Ladmate

Bench
If it's anywhere near 450k, Parramatta got ripped off. That's around Cronk, Prince, Slater, Smith money. And it's not like people want to play for Sandow that they will go to Parramatta.

I wonder if lol@sandow will point at the Eels emblem on the jersey when he scores with the same passion he flaunted the Rabbitoh LOL

SDM

First Grade
Russell Crowe just paid $14 for a bacon and egg roll, what a dickhead.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Hmmm u would think rusty is shitty and trying to make the nrl "alert" about a big deal like souths and inglis

What pieces of shit Crowe and Richardson are.

Any wonder the place is still a basket case when they carry on like petulant kids to the media when they don't get their way.

Can't believe Richardson goes on a bout a sugar daddy. What the f**k is Russell Crowe?

And Rusty. I've always thought of you as a knob, but not with any malice. Thats changed a bit now. Can't believe he would start shit like that. Classisc narcissitic behavior.

Oh and LOL@50uff$

Without being silly, when I first read the bit about Alan Bond, I thought that Richardson was referring to the Kevin Bloody Wilson song, living next door to Alan.

Geez, I am glad I was wrong.

Latest posts