What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow lacking confidence

coach

I was quite stunned to see Chris Sandow on C.9's news saying he was lacking confidence at the moment.

If you don't have confidence at the start of the season then when can you have it? Gee we haven't even played two games yet.

It makes me wonder how much chance we have of not only beating the Titans tomorrow night, but also having a successful 2010. Sandow is our number 1, 2 and 3 choice at halfback. If he doesn't succeed then we can say goodbye to this season.

Chris is young and still very inexperienced with just 37 first grade games. But we really need for him to step up this season. Hearing him say he is lacking confidence is not what I or any other Souths fan, and more importantly his team mates wanted to hear.

big country

Juniors
i think he was speaking for the team as a whole not just himself - he's taking responsibility for the whole team, who looked very introverted on sunday - you'll see a new south sydney tonight

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
If we don't win tonight we will all lack confidence we will have lost 2 home games and will be at the bottom of the comp our halves must fire (Come on The Bunnies)

You're all in for a rough couple of weeks imo because I reckon this team is going to take a few weeks to find its feet. I'm not prepared to pencil us in for a win until we play the Sharks in a couple of weeks time. Big teams always take a few weeks to find their match fitness and on top of that, we are playing a completely different game plan to last year. It was always going to take a few games to get this bedded down.

BPS

Juniors
I agree 100% adkor.

i STILL THINK WE CAN JAG A FEW WINS EARLY BUT MY OPINION HAS BEEN THAT WE WON'T SEE THE BEST OF THIS TEAM UNTIL ROUND 8 OR 10
Sorry for the caps but I couldn't bother retyping it

Goddo

Bench
Aboriginal Alfie my ar$e. The guy lacks more than confidence, he lacks tallent. Your mob will still be weak as piss out wide, and any side comming at you strong in the centres or with a strong kicking game will own your side.

Nemesis

Bench
Aboriginal Alfie my ar$e. The guy lacks more than confidence, he lacks tallent. Your mob will still be weak as piss out wide, and any side comming at you strong in the centres or with a strong kicking game will own your side.
HE lacks talent... you can't even spell the word, so f**k off clueless dumb arse.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Sandow lacks consistency. He's a game breaker when he's on but he's on maybe once or twice a month, the rest of the time he hovers between average and terrible. I don't think having Sutton at 5/8th helps either, Sutton is a very instinctive player (same as Sandow) and between the 2 of them there's not much organisational skill. I would have Sutton in the centres to be honest, he's very damaging on the fringes and his size and athleticism might help defensively. I honestly reckon someone like Matthew Head would be a good fit for Souths. Sandow's kicking game IMO is not up to scratch on a regular basis, and Sutton doesn't have much of a kicking game so I think someone like a Mathhew Head (just an example) would have been a good fit with Sandow.

Goddo

Bench
HE lacks talent... you can't even spell the word, so f**k off clueless dumb arse.

:lol: Fire up Souffs!

Someone made a typo on your forum! Make an argument based around his playing a bility next time.

:lol: Souffs...

Fein

First Grade
:lol: Fire up Souffs!

Someone made a typo on your forum! Make an argument based around his playing a bility next time.

:lol: Souffs...

Only an idiot couldn't spell "talent".

Oh wait..........:lol:

rabbitohbill

Juniors
sandow is over rated full stop.small little boy playing behind a big pack , still cant get the job done

Dead right, if only there were options :(
He really has no idea at present & being humiliated like this weekly isnt goign to help him.

His lazy, soft, disinterested mate at 5/8 isnt helping either. At least sandow tries his best

Jerks!!!!!
:sarcasm: