What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow to Eels for Rumoured 550k

SaraSassypants

Juniors
As announced by Russell Crowe on his twitter. Sorry but I need to say LOL at Parra. How desperate can you be? We got Inglis for about the same amount. I know who I'd rather have. With proven rep talent.. Eels are the laughing stock of the league right now

cleary89

Coach
Sure they paid massive overs, but comparing it to paying massive oversmfor inglis is lol.

Buggee

Juniors
yeah they arent thte laughing stock. they are laughing. they got one of the best young players in the game. im so devestated.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
Jeez, i'd be laughing at us if i were the rest of the league. Terrible news, but as ii said in the other post, cant begrudge him for taking the coin and good luck to him.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
As announced by Russell Crowe on his twitter. Sorry but I need to say LOL at Parra. How desperate can you be? We got Inglis for about the same amount. I know who I'd rather have. With proven rep talent.. Eels are the laughing stock of the league right now

Your the laughing stock if you think we are paying 550K for him.

Who would you rather have Sandow or Sutton? I know who I would have rather signed first.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Are you for real guys? Look at the posts from more than 2 months ago about Sadnow. Words like (Poor defense, Inconsistent) come to mind. Now that he's got his future sorted he'll go quiet again. 550k - that's the kinda money you throw at Cronk or Thurston.. not Sandow

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Your the laughing stock if you think we are paying 550K for him.

Who would you rather have Sandow or Sutton? I know who I would have rather signed first.

You're paying overs mate, it's the only way you can attract players to your sorry ass club

Juju

Juniors
Why would Crowe feel the need to make the figure public like that.
Pretty crass don't you think?

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
You're paying overs mate, it's the only way you can attract players to your sorry ass club

Calm down champ, do you honestly think the 550K is from cap space? ever heard of 3rd part deals?

Rusty is throwing out big money numbers in an effort to cover his fat ass from making the biggest blunder.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Calm down champ, do you honestly think the 550K is from cap space? ever heard of 3rd part deals?

Rusty is throwing out big money numbers in an effort to cover his fat ass from making the biggest blunder.
Third party deals or not, that's less "Third party deals" that Parra can throw at other players. If Sandow is all you have for next year, do you think that will change your position on the ladder? So far he's never gotten us anywhere :?

2010Dragons

Bench
Just like when Parra signed TAHU then gave him the flick, this will be the same for Sandow, the little bloke can't tackle, runs hot and cold and is very lazy at training.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Third party deals or not, that's less "Third party deals" that Parra can throw at other players. If Sandow is all you have for next year, do you think that will change your position on the ladder? So far he's never gotten us anywhere :?

Sandow won't be all we have next year, all we need is two good outside backs and we are done. we have one of the best forward packs in the game, not to mention a handy fullback ;-)

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Just like when Parra signed TAHU then gave him the flick, this will be the same for Sandow, the little bloke can't tackle, runs hot and cold and is very lazy at training.
Interesting.. You mean you think Souths will drop him from first grade?

Wait I just re-read that. You mean Parra will expect him to do wonders and then get over it?

Last edited:
reported as a 4 year deal for just over $1.6mil.
Rusty and Richo being classless and childish in there replies, Rusty not used to being told no i think.
Rusty tweeting $550k a year is just to take pressure off himself and the club as he got away trying to say they couldn't match the money. Richo saying he met his Alan Bond is very below the belt. Bond being the criminal and all.
Good to see you fans aren't as classless as the bloke running it.

benntash

Juniors
I think you guys should drop him now and start building for next year. So many forwards down already and now this on the plate. Start blooding some youth and see what happens

CMUX

Usually I happily lol@50UFF$ but I can’t help but lol@Parra on this one.

Trust me when I say that South’s got the better end of the deal.

Galeforce

Bench
obviously Sandow is getting much MORE $$ at the Eels than at Souths ( whatever the value).
Good luck to Sandow , he will need it , as the eels environment may be very unstable especially if they start slow next year.
I see no issue with how Souths management have handled this given apparent Sandow negotiations were playing each club against each other . I think it wise that Souths signed Luke/Sutton/Merritt earlier , as if we tried to sign them after Sandow , i am sure we would have been paying much more to keep them once they got wiff of $$ in Sandow negotiation.
Meantime important for us Sandow finishes this year with the form shown last couple of weeks.