What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow to Eels for Rumoured 550k

2010Dragons

Bench
What do you expect parra to do, the guy went on a walk about the whole off season. Nothing to do with form :?

correct...Nothing to do with form, but attitude.
TAHU had and still has crap attitude....Sandow has hot and cold attitude.
He can be good and then he can be very lazy.

STG 002

First Grade
whats the latest on gower? are souths putting all of their eggs in the basket with him as half back for next year?

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's not 550K per season, it's 400K per season over 4 years. Not only is Rusty being an idiot for trying to publicise his salary, but he got it wrong too. And Richardson....I'm sorry, but he is an absolute w*nker.
And how would you know? "2 million" has been thrown out there by someone other than Crowe, so 500k+ a year may be true. I would assume Crowe would know how much the rival offer was, and I very much doubt he'd outright lie.

ParraUnagi

Juniors
Unfortunately, integrity and Rusty shouldn't be used in the same sentance.
I wonder what Souths will do with Sandow for the rest of the season? Do you continue to develop him and hand over an even better player to Parra next season or drop him and sign a short term fix?

Fiddy

Juniors
I'm still dumbfounded why you re-signed Sutton????

because sandow probably implied he would resign with souths with whatever offer they gave him. This would account for the signing of sutton over sandow and rusty/richos understandable anger..

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Even if Reynolds turns out to be a revelation, Souths absolutely must sign an experienced halfback for depth ... and probably an experienced 5/8 too.

Watching the Eels (and even Souths in recent years) with no real depth in the halves creates a dire situation of being completely reliant on untested or obvioulsy sub-par options.

Jeff Robson, while a great bloke with a good attitude, is a back up halfback who could maybe have a decent go at playing the bench hooker role ... I'd keep him at the Eels for that and I'd even be willing to sign him if I was Souths. But he can't be your number one halfback, especially when there really isn't a number two.

I hope the Eels don't repeat that mistake and I hope the Bunnies aren't going to be caught in it either.

I'd be looking at Seymour now.

Unfortunately, integrity and Rusty shouldn't be used in the same sentance.
I wonder what Souths will do with Sandow for the rest of the season? Do you continue to develop him and hand over an even better player to Parra next season or drop him and sign a short term fix?

And over 30yrs you had Denis Fitzgerald, a dude full of integrity,not.

DC_fan

Coach
Why would Crowe feel the need to make the figure public like that.
Pretty crass don't you think?

I wasn't impressed with Crowe for mentioning it on Twitter. If I was Sandow I would tell him off. And other Souths players should not be happy either.

There was no need, none what so ever for Crowe to announce Sandows departure the way he did. But as with everything to do with Russell its an ego thing.

No doubt Crowe wanted Sandow to stay. This would have to be the first time that a player said no to Russell Crowe and I don't think he liked it one little bit. For me Crowe does not handle rejection well.

But for Russell to handle it the way he did shows a real lack of class on his behalf.

Goddo

Bench
lol@squeels getting into a bidding war for Sandow and having to pay massive overs for him.
They did the exact same thing with Mortimer and the Dogs and hasn't that worked out so well for them.
Congrats Parra.... you're now the official laughing stock of the league.

No, sorry arsemonkey, its still you.

LOL@50uff$

KKW

Juniors
Smart move by sandow, if history is anything to go by his career will skyrocket. Most players do well after leaving souths. ( Roberts, Spud, Glen Hall, won GF's at Manly after a stint with souffs - Sure there are loads more from other clubs too ( Craig Wing foe example). Can't think of any player though that's gone to souffs from another club and turned into a world beater, in fact most players go downhill. Brian Fletcher, Adam Muir GI are just a few I can think of.

super_coach

First Grade
Souths should go and have a word with Jacob Miller (tigers u20 no7) he is third in line at the tigers for the no7 role and is a gun player and a gun goal kicker. Strong defender great kicking and passing game.

Mickyd39

Juniors
lol@squeels getting into a bidding war for Sandow and having to pay massive overs for him.
They did the exact same thing with Mortimer and the Dogs and hasn't that worked out so well for them.
Congrats Parra.... you're now the official laughing stock of the league.

NO, that title will always be held by Souffs.

Mickyd39

Juniors
And how would you know? "2 million" has been thrown out there by someone other than Crowe, so 500k+ a year may be true. I would assume Crowe would know how much the rival offer was, and I very much doubt he'd outright lie.

don't believe everything Robin Hood tells you:crazy:

Delboy

First Grade
Its OK, perhaps Sandow can be in the cap at what we undetstand Burgess is listed for Souffs, $170k.

This happens all the time, Inglis, and Asotasi was paid more than the other club could conjure up. Not a bad thing for clubs like the Eels and Panthers that have their own juniors plundered to get a big name elsewhere, and Sandow came from the Gold Coast, all is fair in sport etcr

DecoyRunner

Juniors
The point is he's only worth around 270k a season. He's 22 and has achieved nothing. He's got the goods, but won't really deliver till he's around 25-27.

By which time the cap will have been increased and he'll be poached by someone else cause if he's not to loyal to the club that developed him, he's sure as hell not gonna be loyal to the Eeeeeeeeels.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Smart move by sandow, if history is anything to go by his career will skyrocket. Most players do well after leaving souths. ( Roberts, Spud, Glen Hall, won GF's at Manly after a stint with souffs - Sure there are loads more from other clubs too ( Craig Wing foe example). Can't think of any player though that's gone to souffs from another club and turned into a world beater, in fact most players go downhill. Brian Fletcher, Adam Muir GI are just a few I can think of.

Didn't Craig Field's career take off after joining the Seagles? A gun at Souths, reserve grader at Manly. Field single handedly had Souths competitive in the 90s and in line for rep honours.

Wing, Roberts, Davidson, Serdaris had already built their reputation as current stars before leaving for the mighty $.

Latest posts