What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow wants to go home...

tresurehunt

Juniors
Yeah I'm pretty sure that slavery was abolished in the 19th century and that today its considered an absolute international crime.

But seriously, I get what you're saying. I can understand him being told to eat etc as he's working as an athlete so nutrition is important. The other stuff would make sense with club commitments. But it can't go that far otherwise people just wouldn't perform. Maybe thats our problem. Too much club control creates players with little initiative or motivation (I don't mean Sandow).

yeh i hear ya.

bartman

Immortal
This now looks like a pre-emptive plea via the press, given that SK has since announced Sandow's selection for Wenty this week... not good publicity however this turns out.

DeanPay98

Juniors
If Kearney is sending Sandow to Wenty then it just shows that he's a bad manager of people. If Sandow needs a break to clear his head, then great. Let him have that.

I think tresurehunt has raised the big issue with our squad. If the players are being treated like children, then its not surprising that we've got issues. I think most of us here on the forum are grown men with jobs. I'd be p*ssed if my boss treated me like a child.

Gronk

Staff member
If Kearney is sending Sandow to Wenty then it just shows that he's a bad manager of people. If Sandow needs a break to clear his head, then great. Let him have that.

I think tresurehunt has raised the big issue with our squad. If the players are being treated like children, then its not surprising that we've got issues. I think most of us here on the forum are grown men with jobs. I'd be p*ssed if my boss treated me like a child.
Go to your room !

please tell me this is not true??? :shock:

dont buy into the media anti-parra spin mate for all we know sandow was offered the chance to go home or play with wenty and get some extra game time and he put his hand up they will tell you NOTHING good about this club and EVERYTHING bad

p.s. i agree with your original thought though if sandow has been denied permission to go home and told to play in wenty this week its the death knell for kearney's coaching career at parramatta

Last edited:

True EEL

Bench
dont buy into the media anti-parra spin mate for all we know sandow was offered the chance to go home or play with wenty and get some extra game time and he put his hand up they will tell you NOTHING good about this club and EVERYTHING bad

p.s. i agree with your original thought though if sandow has been denied permission to go home and told to play in wenty this week its the death knell for kearney's coaching career at parramatta

well mate, its on the Parraeels website....all over it!!!! :shock:

they are saying that he has been picked there by SK as he wants him playing football during the BYE, but they are just monitoring his injury to see if he does in fact play

i am astounded that SK would do this, its an outrage as far as i'm concerned....this talk of Sandow being in poor form is out of hand, in the first few games, he was our best player and most potent attacking weapon

well mate, its on the Parraeels website....all over it!!!! :shock:

they are saying that he has been picked there by SK as he wants him playing football during the BYE, but they are just monitoring his injury to see if he does in fact play

i am astounded that SK would do this, its an outrage as far as i'm concerned....this talk of Sandow being in poor form is out of hand, in the first few games, he was our best player and most potent attacking weapon

im not saying that he is not playing for wenty but everything else in the article will be media spin putting out the big headline they want with nothing to back it up its journalism 101: facts and bullshit, facts and bullshit mix em up so the punters can't tell where one starts and the other ends

as i said before how do you know sandow didnt put his hand up and volunteer to play for wenty to work on his game? there is not one quote or reference to back up the theory that he has been refused permission to go home (how could they stop him if he wanted to go?) or ordered to play for wenty (how could they force him if he refused?)

True EEL

Bench
im not saying that he is not playing for wenty but everything else in the article will be media spin putting out the big headline they want with nothing to back it up its journalism 101: facts and bullshit, facts and bullshit mix em up so the punters can't tell where one starts and the other ends

as i said before how do you know sandow didnt put his hand up and volunteer to play for wenty to work on his game? there is not one quote or reference to back up the theory that he has been refused permission to go home (how could they stop him if he wanted to go?) or ordered to play for wenty (how could they force him if he refused?)

oh i know, the article is complete DT crap, they love trying to stick it to us....its the Sandow playing for Wenty thing that has me worried

oh i know, the article is complete DT crap, they love trying to stick it to us....its the Sandow playing for Wenty thing that has me worried

on the other hand if he did volunteer to give up his weekend off to play in the lower grades for no other reason than to work on his game i wouldnt be worried id be damn proud

True EEL

Bench
on the other hand if he did volunteer to give up his weekend off to play in the lower grades for no other reason than to work on his game i wouldnt be worried id be damn proud

agreed, no doubt. however, there is also nothing to suggest this is true either?? the website article says SK wants him playing....

agreed, no doubt. however, there is also nothing to suggest this is true either?? the website article says SK wants him playing....

maybe sk dropped a hint what of it? as i said so far as i know there is no way they could force him to play in the lower grades if he refused to do it

Eels Dude

Coach
maybe sk dropped a hint what of it? as i said so far as i know there is no way they could force him to play in the lower grades if he refused to do it

What do you mean? If he's selected in the lower grades this week he'd be expected to play. Having no first grade this week doesn't mean the players just slacken off and take a holiday. If the club and coaching staff are willing to give them time off then that's their right, but if they want them at training every day and to play lower grades on the weekend that's their right too.

mickdo

Coach
If a player refuses to play in a game they are selected (and fit) for with no extenuating circumstances then I would imagine their pay would be docked/fined under the terms of their contract. We're talking professional sport here, not park football. That said, this is definitely a bold thing to do by any coach.

eels81236

Bench
If he refuses to play, or doesnt put 100% into rehab in order to play, then punt him. That goes for anyone and everyone.

Ratchy

Juniors

It's 2 months into the season and a player wants a holiday....give me a break. Players shouldn't be rewarded with a break for lack of results. I highly doubt a coach like Bellamy would allow Sandow to do the same thing.

to_ddeath

Coach
Choke on that $andow, you overrated f*cking hack of a player.... NSW Cup should suit you to a tea, don't fall off too many tackles on your way to ESL next year :lol:

T.