What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save Leichhardt Oval - www.stoptherot.org

tigger

Juniors
simon says said:
All I want em to do is knock down the Mary St stands and fix the dunnies on the hill.Apart from that its bloody fine.....

Cheers.

What is wrong with the 70 years of urine smell? If you have a blocked nose, the mens toilets eastern hill are the best place to go!!!! :lol: :lol:

RifRaf

Juniors
simon says said:
All I want em to do is knock down the Mary St stands and fix the dunnies on the hill.Apart from that its bloody fine.....

Cheers.
The Mary St stands are a forgone conclusion simon, they failed a structure report and had it not been for some poor fella having a heart attack at the last council meeting they would have been dismantled prior to the Manly game..

joey007

Juniors
Leichhardt Oval is by far my favourite ground to watch ANY game at. :D To be on that hill watching a game of footy surrounded by footy fanatics would be enough to get any league supporter to sign this petition- no matter which team you support.

I will be collecting as many signatures as possible to help improve/save this great old ground. Good Luck :alcho:

innsaneink

Referee
Thanks for your help, http://www.angelfire.com/oz/nospam49/images/Untitled-TrueColor-0311.jpg....your fourteen or fifteen odd posts in this thread helped a lot in keeping it at the top of the list, thus ensuring many more people get to learn about our venture. :lol: :lol:

JK

brook said:
I think a lot of people are misrepresenting the amount of money/work that we really do want done.

Noone involved wants leichhardt turned into a super-stadium or anything of that sort - we all love leichhardt as it is or we wouldn't be fighting to ensure its continued use, the work that is being asked for is actually rather modest and mostly involves making sure the ground is safe.

Then let the Tigers pay for it!!

The government has more pressing infrastructure concerns.

I loved going to Leichhardt on Sunday but if state funds are used to prop up a NRL clubs facility with 3 leagues clubs... :roll:

JK

Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Either way, why the f**k are Dogs supporters commenting?

Their home ground is the worst in the NRL since Annandale got booted.

Yes, telstra is terrible, hardly any amenities and you can't see the ground from the specially designed stands, food is hard to get, no toilets, no merchandise stands, no alcohol provisions, no screens, no scoreboard and no undercover seating!

Yep, it is terrible :D

Southernsaint

Staff member
JK said:
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Either way, why the f**k are Dogs supporters commenting?

Their home ground is the worst in the NRL since Annandale got booted.

Yes, telstra is terrible, hardly any amenities and you can't see the ground from the specially designed stands, food is hard to get, no toilets, no merchandise stands, no alcohol provisions, no screens, no scoreboard and no undercover seating!

Yep, it is terrible :D

Your main ground is The Showground isn't it??

WORST-GROUND-EVER!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

westie

Bench
JK said:
brook said:
I think a lot of people are misrepresenting the amount of money/work that we really do want done.

Noone involved wants leichhardt turned into a super-stadium or anything of that sort - we all love leichhardt as it is or we wouldn't be fighting to ensure its continued use, the work that is being asked for is actually rather modest and mostly involves making sure the ground is safe.

Then let the Tigers pay for it!!

The government has more pressing infrastructure concerns.

I loved going to Leichhardt on Sunday but if state funds are used to prop up a NRL clubs facility with 3 leagues clubs... :roll:

1 leagues club.

JK

A turnip?

Is that what you call someone with a vague idea of the NSW budget and the spending priorities governments have?

If so that is me.

And the Showground is a shocker. The last remanance of the salary cap cheating board who signed a god awful deal for it. To get 1/2 the games at telstra (for free mind you :D ) we had to extend the showground to 7 years and that runs out in 2008 I believe...

This thread has been what....maybe 5 Tigers supporters that have just spent their time abusing anyone that doesnt agree with them.

You want an upgrade to the stadium...thats fine. Pay for it yourself! :x

It is fully to see Tigers fans trying to bag the state that two massive clubs like Penrith and the Bulldogs are in. Hell, I bet the Bulldogs could pay their massive fines and still have money to buy the Tigers! :lol:

The Whippet

Juniors
Leichhardt is an asset to the greater Balmain community not just the Wests Tigers.

This is not about what club that wants it rather the development and progress of rugby league in Australia and making the NRL the dominant code in Australia.

In relation to comments suggesting that the Wests Tigers should pay for it well that it a bit rich. Considering that there two leagues clubs will have to reduce the amount of funding to them because of the new 'pokie tax' which will be introduced later this year.

Just do it for league, not just the Wests Tigers.

Robbie_Ross said:
Leichhardt is an asset to the greater Balmain community not just the Wests Tigers.

This is not about what club that wants it rather the development and progress of rugby league in Australia and making the NRL the dominant code in Australia.

In relation to comments suggesting that the Wests Tigers should pay for it well that it a bit rich. Considering that there two leagues clubs will have to reduce the amount of funding to them because of the new 'pokie tax' which will be introduced later this year.

Just do it for league, not just the Wests Tigers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, lets watse money on a run down old stadium in inner Sydney because in the end....it will be adding to the world wide goal of improving Rugby League.

Wake up t yourself!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There is a lot of memories associated with Leichart Oval.

I remmenber going there with my dad in the early sixties.

Some of the old grounds have a lot of character, like the old SCG stands.

I for one support what the tigers are doing and wish you guys luck.

Moffo

Referee
The upgrades to Ashfield Leagues are quite impressive :shock: :shock:

I think they are more interested in pokies than footy though

Cheers,
Moffo

JK

Moffo - exactly right.

The Wests Tigers is a joint venture, During the past 24 months there have been substantial improvements at the Ashfield and Balmain clubs - this clearly demonstrates the spending priorities of the joint-venture and if they don't want to spend their money on upgrading facilities for themselves then why would joe blogs taxpayer want to?

'Selfish' is a word that springs to mind.

And benefit to the balmain wide community??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It aint that big and it doesn't show special needs sorry.

Use the current fields for local events and if the NRL club are unwilling to fund upgrades then move to SFS or concorde.

simon says

First Grade
I find it deeply ironic that a Doggie fan is calling us selfish.I suppose rorting the salary cap and other assorted disgraceful acts arent selfish.

If there is any bunch that look after numero uno its the dogs.

You sound so Alan Jones....."that money could be used to build a hospital" :lol: :lol:

Leichhardt Oval is a peice of history.Its 70 years old and heritage listed.Its one of the last grounds in Australia that has an old style feel.It is special and needs a slight upgrade,not a 75 million dollar overhall.

Frankly Im surprised anyone has an issue with it :| :| :| :|

Latest posts