What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#saveoursaints

Redvpassion

Juniors
ATT EVERYONE.

Guys and girls, we need to grow #SaveOurSaints.

Anyone that has access to Twitter please jump on and support #SaveOurSaints.

I also think their is a Facebook page starting up or may have started already. Show your support. Grow the numbers and by doing this, you are all giving this professional protest a voice.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS GROUP TO MAKE PERSONAL ATTACKS. Eg OUSTDOUST. KEEP THIS PROFESSIONAL.

I know for a FACT, the big boys (NRL) are showing interest in this group.

Spread the word. We may have finally what we have been looking for to get our club back.

Please note, I don't take any credit for this. Well done to whoever started this group.

WE ARE BEING LISTEND TO.

Thanks.

#SaveOurSaints.

Last edited:

FlameThrower

Bench
Was listening to 2SM talkin sport, for once Tunksy was being serious about the Dragons? Lots of questions being directed to the Board around retention/ recruitment and how our current squad is anywhere near the NRL salary cap's worth? Summary is we don't have a full squad that is NRL 1st grade standard?? The woes at the Dragons are starting to trickle out into the media and a few more weeks of current poor form will really shine an unwanted light on the Club??

bottle

Coach
Was listening to 2SM talkin sport, for once Tunksy was being serious about the Dragons? Lots of questions being directed to the Board around retention/ recruitment and how our current squad is anywhere near the NRL salary cap's worth? Summary is we don't have a full squad that is NRL 1st grade standard?? The woes at the Dragons are starting to trickle out into the media and a few more weeks of current poor form will really shine an unwanted light on the Club??

Great, that's all we need, more salary cap conspiracies.
Tunks should know better, There is a minimum mandated amount that has to be expended from each year's salary cap grant. Annesley was on radio recently stating that the gap between the mandated spend and the ceiling was not that much. Tunks is having a guess, an uneducated one.

smi962

First Grade
I don't understand your line of argmuent Bottle. To me its a valid question how is the current squad anywhere near worth a full salary cap. Either we have not spent it to its capacity or it has been greatly mismanaged as we all believe.

saintjeff

Juniors
Jobs for the boys on the board and doust .They should have seen this coming after Wayne left.
No brains to let this happen

BennyV

Referee
Great, that's all we need, more salary cap conspiracies.
Tunks should know better, There is a minimum mandated amount that has to be expended from each year's salary cap grant. Annesley was on radio recently stating that the gap between the mandated spend and the ceiling was not that much. Tunks is having a guess, an uneducated one.

Thata the point...how are we spending that amount, considering our squad. A lot of overpaid players...

bottle

Coach
I don't understand your line of argmuent Bottle. To me its a valid question how is the current squad anywhere near worth a full salary cap. Either we have not spent it to its capacity or it has been greatly mismanaged as we all believe.

It's not my argument, it's the salary cap rules. All contracts have to be submitted to, and registered with, the NRL. They have a salary cap auditor that keeps tab of expenditure under the cap. Clubs not meeting the minimum mandated spend would be sanctioned.
Your mismanagement line is the more likely scenario, or to put it another way...

BennyV said:
Thata the point...how are we spending that amount, considering our squad. A lot of overpaid players...
If there's an issue, it's more likely this then an underspend.

TonyT6

First Grade
It's not my argument, it's the salary cap rules. All contracts have to be submitted to, and registered with, the NRL. They have a salary cap auditor that keeps tab of expenditure under the cap. Clubs not meeting the minimum mandated spend would be sanctioned.
Your mismanagement line is the more likely scenario, or to put it another way...

If there's an issue, it's more likely this then an underspend.

You have totally missed the point Tunks was trying to make & it's a point many have made on here.How are we even close to spending the salary cap when we have so many wood ducks.

bottle

Coach
You have totally missed the point Tunks was trying to make & it's a point many have made on here.How are we even close to spending the salary cap when we have so many wood ducks.

Sorry then mea culpa, I've misunderstood. I thought he was suggesting we had underspent the cap according to the quote I read on here.

Dragonboyd

Juniors
A lot of people such as myself saw this imminent demise with the departure of Bennett. It's obvious in hindsight, that from the moment he announced his departure we had no future plans for success. This is the culmination of lazy management and a careless Doust. #SaveOurSaints

BennyV

Referee
Front loaded?

There are very few players worth front loading! Widdop, maybe Dugan given that they are on long term contracts. I think its more to do with overpaying plodders like Farrel, Hunt, Rein etc and not getting the best out of mid-high level players like Marshall, Widdop, Dugan and Thommo (who, while being far from the problem, are not playing to their pay due to shitty structures)

Jubileeboy

First Grade
There are very few players worth front loading! Widdop, maybe Dugan given that they are on long term contracts. I think its more to do with overpaying plodders like Farrel, Hunt, Rein etc and not getting the best out of mid-high level players like Marshall, Widdop, Dugan and Thommo (who, while being far from the problem, are not playing to their pay due to shitty structures)

Possibly... I still reckon we would be front loading a few though. Which would be reactive since Mulholland came on board.
I had been told there was no way we were using our whole cap last year from a couple of guys that know this stuff intimately. I reckon it may be the same this year, which is ok, if it gives us decent spend for next year and the year after.
A mixture of both perhaps...

rasaint

Juniors
The elephant in the room is Josh Dugan. Reported to be on $700k. He was already diminishing in brilliance when we bought him. His best game was his 1 st against Parramatta in Wollongong then it's been a decline since then. Keep hearing all the excuses for his ordinary form. Coaching, position switch blah blah .Amazing in his young days now a shadow and I fear will be a $300k guy who held out and got an unbelievable deal.

For the record he was amazing at his best and at one time a great natural superstar. Nothing against Josh just believe the coin is way overs. Hope I'm wrong for our clubs sake.

So they wouldn't pay one of the best wingers in the world 650 yet pay an over rated injury prone fullback a reported 700 no wonder the club is f**ked thats just ridiculous.

Mind you some of the reported amounts for others like Hunt and Rein is even more mind blowing.