What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW available for WCC

Horrie Is God

First Grade
SBW is a force of nature..

The player who is dropped for Sonny should feel honoured..

As i'm sure he will..

shiznit

Coach
Could this be a ploy to play for Samoa??

Now he can say he would have played for NZ but was too late so will play for Samoa instead...

Have Samoa named there side??

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
The World Cup 'should' be the pinnacle of our game. To be that you need the best players available. Great news for the tournament. Kiwis squad is looking good. Bring it on!

Springs

First Grade
We don't need him and the Kiwis don't need him but all in all, SBW playing would be a good thing for this tournament. The media hype will build up a lot more as the reporters who wank over him will want to report everything he does. Not to mention if he wins he'll be the first player to win both rugby world cups so the media can jack off even more.

Plus there will be a lot more people feeling NZ can beat Australia.

If he's serious about wanting a break and playing, NZ really only need him for 2 games anyway. He should at least play 4 but there's lots of opportunities to rest him and give other players a go.

Springs

First Grade
The World Cup 'should' be the pinnacle of our game. To be that you need the best players available. Great news for the tournament. Kiwis squad is looking good. Bring it on!

So by that reasoning Origin isn't the pinnacle since SBW isn't available.

Misanthrope

Staff member
People can piss and moan all they like, but SBW is great news for the tournament for a number of reasons:

- Big enough name to potentially move extra tickets
- Will help boost NZ, preventing the usual Aussie circle jerk
- Draws media attention to the tournament. Him 'maybe playing' is the first thing I saw when I went to smh.com.au

People can piss and moan all they like, but SBW is great news for the tournament for a number of reasons:

- Draws media attention to the tournament. Him 'maybe playing' is the first thing I saw when I went to smh.com.au

Everyone understands that.

They're pissing and moaning because the bloke is so selfish he makes up his mind at the last minute.

It's a pattern of behaviour with him.

Now someone else has to be dropped for him. That's A grade selfish behaviour. Narcissistic in fact.

shiznit

Coach

Case in point...

CNN World Sport: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/10/08/sport/sonny-bill-williams-world-cup/index.html?eref=edition

Say what you like about the guy... He gets people's attention...