What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW available for WCC

taste2taste

Juniors
This is making front page news , publicity you can't buy.

Under international rules are shoulder barges banned ??

If not , we could see some SBW bellringers !!!!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
This is making front page news , publicity you can't buy.

Under international rules are shoulder barges banned ??

If not , we could see some SBW bellringers !!!!

Pretty sure they were banned around the same time the ARLC banned them. Maybe even before.

Springs

First Grade
If for some reason SBW couldn't play or was declared ineligible it would be a gamble to go in with reduced squad.

They have up to the day before the tournament to bring in players. If SBW still didn't want to play by then they could just bring in Harris. Wales and Scotland both named 23-man squads and have both recently brought in players.

betcats

Referee
It is good for the WC and obviously SBW has to be there if he wants but the massive exposure for the WC doesnt excuse the fact it is a dick move on SBWs part.

Bengal

Juniors
Surprised by this turnaround, thought the one NRL season would be his lot in League. Nonetheless, I believe that this is SBW acting of his own accord and temporarily putting the prearranged 'legacy creating script' on hold for time being. Of course he may just be able to help the Kiwi's get over the line (I'm doubtful of that) but first and foremost he wants to help his mates (bros) and whether his legacy takes a hit or is enhanced, quite frankly, I reckon that's immaterial to him.

SBW is decisive and formidable on the field but indecisive and pliable off of it. It is a shame what has transpired but I do believe that his heart is in the right place and has won out, belatedly, over the usual influences that befall him.

shiznit

Coach
Fox Sport reporting that he and khoder were caught in a meeting with the NZRU.

Speculation he's just done the deal to return to RU

Maybe the RLWC is his swan song.

Pretty bad if it's true... At least Harris is commited to the game long term.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
SBW makes the Kiwis favourites IMO.

So whilst it's disappointing what happened to Tohu, you can't say no to the world's best player. The great one who came, saw and kicked ass. The Messiah who dominated the GF when it was 50/50 and there to be won.

shiznit

Coach
As exciting as SBW is... The biggest thing I'm looking forward to from the kiwis is watching Shaun Johnson and Kieran Foran develop as a halves pairing.

They looked really promoting in the Anzac test... This is going to be an extended chance to see two of the best young halves in the NRL go together.