What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW available for WCC

no name

Coach
People don't seem to get that there's a logical jump from "SBW did the wrong thing" to "having SBW in the team is bad"

SBW hurt the team, so let's hurt the team more by not having SBW in it? Does that make sense?

As long as having SBW in your team is a positive to the team's performance, he should be picked. At the moment he is massively in credit on that front.

You'd be mad not to have him in the team.
It's an incredibly low and selfish thing to do though.

Brutus

Referee
What a shame Jeremy Smith isn't available.

Would have been the greatest ever Kiwi forward pack.

Probably still is though.

Kiwis will win this.

All that matters is that the WC is going to be awesome. Australia look very weak and I don't say that very often, Go Kiwis

reanimate

Bench
This has been on the front page of Google News all day, with headlines like "Lure of Kiwis too much for SBW". Excellent publicity for the tournament.

Springs

First Grade
Better for the Kiwis and for the tournament for him to be there, but poor form by the man.

Anyway, gives me more of a reason to cheer against NZ!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It's not really a big deal. He didn't force them to select him.

I swear this has happened before. Origin is ringing a bell for some reason.

JJ

Immortal
it's all about making a bigger name for himself, increasing news and ultimately driving his net worth up.

and working rather well, certainly has got the attention of the NZRFU...

Feel for Harris too, but it's a no-brainer, if he's available, SBW is in your team, no matter who you are

Springs

First Grade
Honestly to make up for this shit SBW better give his all for NZ and Rugby League over the next few months. He's now the major drawcard for the tournament so he better give his all.

Kearney is a f**kwit too. If he really wanted SBW there was nothing stopping him naming a 23 man squad until the day before the tournament. The way it has been handled is very unprofessional.

Honestly sick of this player being in the news all the time. I think I'd rather be him leave the sport now so every 2nd news story isn't about him. It's got to the point where he is bigger than the game in the eyes of the media and it's sickening.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Honestly sick of this player being in the news all the time. I think I'd rather be him leave the sport now so every 2nd news story isn't about him. It's got to the point where he is bigger than the game in the eyes of the media and it's sickening.

Yes badly handled by SBW but you've got to see the forest for the trees, all of this media attention on SBW is giving the WC some serious exposure. I've got RL mates who didn't even know where the world cup was going to be held!

This tournament is so vital for the future success of the International game so any amount of media attention is helping to make this a successful tournament and increase exposure to a non-RL audience. While it's not great that there has been collateral damage in the form of Tohu Harris, I think for the betterment of the game holistically it was the right decision.

Love him or hate him, SBW gets attention and bums on seats and it is RL that is getting something out of this not just SBW, so why not use his profile to our advantage.

Springs

First Grade
I know it's the right decision, just all the shit could have been avoided by a small decision from either Williams or Kearney.

reanimate

Bench
Yes badly handled by SBW but you've got to see the forest for the trees, all of this media attention on SBW is giving the WC some serious exposure. I've got RL mates who didn't even know where the world cup was going to be held!

This tournament is so vital for the future success of the International game so any amount of media attention is helping to make this a successful tournament and increase exposure to a non-RL audience. While it's not great that there has been collateral damage in the form of Tohu Harris, I think for the betterment of the game holistically it was the right decision.

Love him or hate him, SBW gets attention and bums on seats and it is RL that is getting something out of this not just SBW, so why not use his profile to our advantage.

Definitely agree with this- my work's been buzzing with people talking about the WC the past two days. It really has been excellent exposure for the WC, as scummy as the move from SBW was.

Patorick

Staff member
So, is SBW allowed to throw forward passes in the World Cup?

Could be a problem for Australia, if so.

typicalfan

Coach
Tohu deserves to be gutted. Reminds me of Chris Anderson shunning a young Luke Lewis for Darren Smith years ago.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors

Both points, big calls....

Tohu deserves to be gutted. Reminds me of Chris Anderson shunning a young Luke Lewis for Darren Smith years ago.

^^^ This
These things come back to bite you in the bum so they should be careful what they wish for

Canard

Immortal
Kearney is a f**kwit too. If he really wanted SBW there was nothing stopping him naming a 23 man squad until the day before the tournament. The way it has been handled is very unprofessional.

If for some reason SBW couldn't play or was declared ineligible it would be a gamble to go in with reduced squad.