What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

Nightward

Juniors
The whole series has been poisoned by first Queensland picking whoever they could because beating New South Wales means more to them than their own heritage then we see New South Wales start adopting the same tactics out of desperation.

Oh, for the love of...

If you're complaining about Adrian Lam and Tonie Carrol here, you should be well aware that they represented Queensland and Australia under the exact same rules that allowed Luke Ricketson, Akuila Uate, Willie Mason, and a number of others to play for a different nation despite suiting up for NSW.

If you're complaining about Greg Inglis, at the time he was selected the NSWRL was convinced that he was not only eligable for Queensland but that his selection was a desperate gamble, doomed to backfire. All of a sudden he proves he's up to the task and presto-o change-o, evidence that under the new rules the guy who Queensland thought was a Queensland, who NSW thought was a Queenslander, and who the NRL and ARL thought was a Queenslander emerges, accompanied by much whinging from south of the border.

Frankly? Suck it up. Done is done. If NSW had shown the slightest interest in Inglis, he may have played for you... provided he was also shown the evidence he should (arguably) be wearing the sky blue and not the maroon he wanted to wear. It's not like NSW has a clean record on the matter, either.

TheDalek079

Bench
I feel sorry for the Roosters fans having to put up with the injury prone nancy boy using your club part-time to top up his rugby and boxing earnings, but it serves the Roosters admin right - they deserve everything they're going to get ($800K down the drain in the first game through injury).

:lol:

TheDalek079

Bench
I will watch Roosters memberships and attendances with interest, I have my doubts $BW is that big a draw card that it will do much for either.

As for a good investment, what about next eyar when he is gone and the money is gone with him? Signing a slightly lesser known but equally good player for 3-4 years would have been a wiser investment imo. Only plus for the game I can see is that IF he plays in the RLWC it gives NZ more chance of retaining the world cup.

:lol: