What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He's not going to be missing the rugby world cup. The Roosters are renting him for one season.

It's going to end in tears.

Is he going to stick around the whole year if by round 15 or 20 they're out of contention for the finals?

This sounds about bang on. The media will be digging in with previously untold gusto, some team-mates will resent him not being involved in pre-season, he'll be straight off to Japan afterwards etc. And may even opt out of the League World Cup to go chase the yen. Who knows.

kmav23

Juniors
No one is forcing the clubs to sign sbw or todd carney.

Yet clubs and fans are hypocrites , given enough time they will sign anyone who plays well.

bartman

Immortal
$BW is a mercenary. Piss the merkin off from the code for good!

I feel sorry for the Roosters fans having to put up with the injury prone nancy boy using your club part-time to top up his rugby and boxing earnings, but it serves the Roosters admin right - they deserve everything they're going to get ($800K down the drain in the first game through injury).

Knownothing

Juniors
$BW is a mercenary. Piss the merkin off from the code for good!

I feel sorry for the Roosters fans having to put up with the injury prone nancy boy using your club part-time to top up his rugby and boxing earnings, but it serves the Roosters admin right - they deserve everything they're going to get ($800K down the drain in the first game through injury).

All professionals are mercenaries. Or do you believe in mateship? Or loyalty? Are there any amateurs in the NRL?

kmav23

Juniors
all players coaches.. go for the $$$$$

clubs tell players mid contract to leave or the will play them in reserve grade and destroy their value...

so SBW did what clubs do...

Patorick

Staff member
Brad Walter may have just taken over Weidler as the ultimate media stooge:

SBW's sorry affair
Steve Mortimer and Mark Geyer led calls this week for Sonny Bill Williams to apologise to the Bulldogs before he returns to the NRL next season, but it seems they have short memories. Williams issued a heartfelt apology to Canterbury supporters and his former teammates the first time he returned to Australia after walking out on the club to join French rugby union outfit Toulon. ''One thing I want to do is to apologise to the Bulldogs fans, and especially the young kids that looked up to me,'' Williams told the Herald on May 22, 2009. ''I just want to say that I'm sorry for the heartache and problems that I've caused … If I had my time over again, I would ring every single player in the team before I left. At the time, knowing what they were like and knowing how passionate they were about the club, I thought that they wouldn't understand, so it was better not saying anything. But I know a lot of the boys were let down by my actions.''
:crazy:

Frailty

First Grade
Brad Walter may have just taken over Weidler as the ultimate media stooge:

:crazy:

Was this apology before or after SBW claimed it took balls to walk out on your team mates and leave the country without telling anyone?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...r-set-to-sideline-sonny-bills-sporting-plans/

Shoulder set to sideline Sonny Bill's sporting plans

Nick Taylor, The West Australian October 27, 2012, 4:45 pm

Controversial former All Black Sonny Bill Williams' rugby and boxing careers looks to have taken a blow after he was seriously injured playing for Japanese club Panasonic Wild Knights today.

Williams is expected to miss the rest of the Japanese season after being taken to hospital with a shoulder injury 10 minutes into the game against the Mitsubishi Dynaboars.

He had scored an early try and then took a high shot at former Western Force centre Gene Fairbanks who had broken the defence.

He caught Fairbanks but went over the top, landing on his right shoulder, and was taken straight to hospital with his arm in a sling.

The dual rugby international was expected to return to rugby league and join NRL side Sydney Roosters next year but the injury will have thrown a cloud on that move.

Williams reportedly was paid $1.2 million for his short stint with the Panasonic Wild Knights and could expect to receive more than $800,000 when he rejoins the NRL that he quit in 2008.

The New Zealand heavyweight title holder was due to South African veteran Francois Botha, 44, dubbed the "White Buffalo" in Brisbane next month.

He played for the Canterbury Crusaders in the 2011 Super Rugby tournament but moved to the Waikato Chiefs. He was in the All Blacks side that won the Rugby World Cup last year but he made most of his appearances off the reserves bench.

Williams' flambouyant manager Khoder Nasser was watching the game.

RWB

Bench
Hopeful of a small muscle tear.

d1b210cc200411e29e9622000a1c9e07_7.jpg

Canard

Immortal
f**k he is brittle.

What's the Over/under on games of NRL he will actually play? 10? 12?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Doesn't seem too serious!

ROOSTERS-bound former All Black Sonny Bill Williams has injured his shoulder playing for the Panasonic Wild Knights in Japanese club rugby.

Williams was taken to a hospital with his right arm in a sling after Panasonic beat the Kintetsu Liners 23-20.

Williams scored a try in the first minute but was taken out six minutes later after a collision with a Kintetsu player.

After having a MRI, Williams said on Twitter that the injury was a small tear, adding: "Hurt it today ... results back nothing serious."

Williams quit the All Blacks to pursue more lucrative opportunities in Japan and Australia.

He is reportedly earning $A1.17 million for his 12-game stint in Japan, after which Williams is set to resume his rugby league career in Australia with the Sydney Roosters in the NRL.

Source

applesauce

Bench
Good to see 'BUZZ' staying ontop of the issue.

The Sonny Bill Williams signing at the Roosters has had a huge effect on pre-season betting markets.

The TAB’s Glenn Munsie has revealed the Roosters have been the third-best backed team to win the premiership behind Storm and the Bulldogs.

One punter put $4000 on the Chooks at $21.

At the same time, there has been little or no support for the Wests Tigers.

‘‘There’s not been a coin for the Tigers to even make the top eight,’’ Munsie said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...matches-revealed/story-e6frexnr-1226504520637

Latest posts