What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW back in the NRL in 2013

LESStar58

Referee
Just read the Roosters have been installed as 3rd favorite after the Storm and Dogs for the premiership. Best laugh I've had all day.

LESStar58

Referee
Of course Roosters are 3rd favourites you numbskull, we should be above your sorry mob of reigning premiers:lol:

Fixed your post.

SBW is a one man sideshow who thinks he's bigger than the game which is why I don't think he'll do anything to enhance the Chooks chances. I give Cronulla a better chance of winning the comp in 2013.

RWB

Bench
I think it was a quote from Munsie. Based on bets placed

Which was that they had received the 3rd most amount of money on the Roosters, not that they are 3rd favourites. I highly doubt any betting organisation has installed them as third favourites.

Their odds were originally set a bit too long according to a lot of punters, now they must have shortened, but probably not as short as 3rd favourites.

RWB

Bench
Their odds were originally set a bit too long according to a lot of punters, now they must have shortened, but probably not as short as 3rd favourites.

I got them at $31 on Betfair a few months back and will lay them just before the season commences, they're paying just under $20 on most betting agencies now.

some11

Referee
f**k he is brittle.

What's the Over/under on games of NRL he will actually play? 10? 12?

The market will be combined games between Burgess and SBW.

Has he actually signed yet anyway?

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
Can i change my vote from the "most overrated player" thread to SBW? deadset this bloke is made of glass and egg shells.

The Hunsucker

Juniors
I totally agree with El Maseri and the Bulldogs players. SBW (Stupid Bloody Wanker) should not be allowed back into the NRL as he made his bed and should be made to lay in it. Are the chooks going to repay the contract money that SBW wasted when he decided to up and leave his club and team mates for more money. At the least either SBW or the chooks should have to repay the Bulldogs for his treachery. In the end SBW is a has been and he will not be able to successfully compete at the NRL level for a full season as he'll break down through injuries. Why risk the money on a has been who is prone to injury. It's the same for Falou, although he left on amicable terms and realised that the AFL is a girls game and wanted back in the NRL.

sretsoor

Juniors
I totally agree with El Maseri and the Bulldogs players. SBW (Stupid Bloody Wanker) should not be allowed back into the NRL as he made his bed and should be made to lay in it. Are the chooks going to repay the contract money that SBW wasted when he decided to up and leave his club and team mates for more money. At the least either SBW or the chooks should have to repay the Bulldogs for his treachery. In the end SBW is a has been and he will not be able to successfully compete at the NRL level for a full season as he'll break down through injuries. Why risk the money on a has been who is prone to injury. It's the same for Falou, although he left on amicable terms and realised that the AFL is a girls game and wanted back in the NRL.

Didnt SBW pay compensation to the dogs already? Are you going to b1tch about every player, every other club that cancels contracts all the time or just this one player? What about Scott Prince? He left the Titans 'mid contract' and is now with the Broncos. Every whinger is hypocrtical is contracts are broken almost weekly in the NRL and nothing is said.

bulldog

Bench
Mundine bought $BW off the dogs and sold him to Nasser, who is milking him for every cent he can get, the money is far from the issue.

I don't want him back in the game either, but there are people who have done far worse who have been able to return to the game, so I'll content myself with watching the Roosters games hoping to see him get absolutely smashed and broken.

ouwet

Bench
Didnt SBW pay compensation to the dogs already? Are you going to b1tch about every player, every other club that cancels contracts all the time or just this one player? What about Scott Prince? He left the Titans 'mid contract' and is now with the Broncos. Every whinger is hypocrtical is contracts are broken almost weekly in the NRL and nothing is said.

The Titan's agreed to release Prince... He had the balls to go to them and ask for it. SBW Left in the middle of the night, it's not even about the club! He left his teammates behind, didn't tell them. He's a Dog of a person for doing so IMO. Good luck to him and the Rorters next season.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

You do realise that the vast majority of these "broken contracts" actually involve releases that are agreed upon by the club and the player right?

You're not seriously trying to compare SBW walking out mid contract and mid season without as much as a "see ya" to the club and his team mates, to a player negotiating a release with his club to which both parties have agreed?

EDIT - What just about everyone else is and will say.

Last edited: