What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW rumor

It's kinda like signing Beck's (munch munch smaller scale), you get all the merch and sponsorship that come with him. So many young kiddies love and want to be just like him, will go for his club by proxy.

sharknows

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
well its a choice of 2.

It may only be a choice of 1. The inference on the radio this morning was that he has only had 1 firm offer and that is from the dogs and they are giving him a deadline. His manager is calling for offers from other clubs. So much smoke and mirrors....who knows?

Macca

Coach
Why are we chasing big name forwards? We have an abundance of talent in the forwards?

Let me ask you this though. What would you prefer to spend 900000/season on. Sonny Bill Williams & Mark O'Meley or Lote Tuqiri?

Maybe we can get all three if we release Noddy, Stapo, Dykes, Hannay and Gallen . . .

You'd wanna hope they're never injured though.

sticky ricky

Juniors
Deadline near for superstar

By Steve Mascord
March 07, 2007

RIVAL clubs have been given 48 hours to make their best offer for Sonny Bill Williams, with his agent declaring last night "we'll find out who's serious and who's not".

Manager Gavin Orr also disputed claims that a three-year Bulldogs offer to the 21 year old - on which a Friday deadline of 5pm has been placed - was worth $1.5 million.

Orr and brother Chris have told those close to negotiations that six clubs have shown serious interest in Williams, and that the Dogs contract was closer to $1.25 million.

"If clubs are serious about signing Sonny, they'll be there and talking to us by the end of the week," a guarded Gavin Orr said.

Asked about the purported offer of $500,000 per year from the Bulldogs, Orr said: "That's incorrect. It's well under that value."

But Orr confirmed that Williams would make a decision on his future by Friday.

Twelve teams contacted last night said they would not be making Williams an offer before Friday.

Sharks coach Ricky Stuart offered no comment, sayng: "I don't think it is anyone's business outside the club".

Sydney Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan was also non-committal, saying: "(Coach) Chris Anderson wants to appraise the talent within the club. (To do that) this week would be difficult."

Shane Richardson (South Sydney), Michael Searle (Gold Coast), Peter Parr (North Queensland), Brian Waldron (Melbourne), Ken Conway (Newcastle), Peter Doust (St George-Illawarra), Mick Leary (Penrith), Warren McConnell (Wests Tigers), Grant Meyer (Manly) and Bruno Cullen (Brisbane) each said their club would not bid for Williams.

Wayne Scurrah (New Zealand Warriors), Denis Fitzgerald (Parramatta) and Simon Hawkins (Canberra) were unavailable for comment.

Bulldogs prop Mark O'Meley meanwhile seems determined to shame the Bulldogs into making him a better offer after twice turning down contracts valued at around $300,000 per year.

"At this stage, I'll play some good footy and hopefully the club will look after me," O'Meley said on Channel Seven.

Bulldogs officials have warned that O'Meley's money could be spent elsewhere, however.

And South Sydney back rower David Fa'alogo has declined to re-sign for the time being.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21338205-23214,00.html

This is interesting that Ricky has nothing to say. He seems to have a bit to say about the other players we are linked with...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Macca said:
Why are we chasing big name forwards? We have an abundance of talent in the forwards?

Let me ask you this though. What would you prefer to spend 900000/season on. Sonny Bill Williams & Mark O'Meley or Lote Tuqiri?

I reckon Sonny's still on and I'd have him over the other 2, even at the cost of the other 2 as long as we aren't in for more than arfahunjegrand cap wise.

The trick to all this I reckon Macca is to ENSURE that the likes of Brown, Raftery, Neilsen et al all come good. We then keep the pick for their market value and sell off the others hopefully at a high market value as well.

If we can develop our own NRL quality backs as we have always been able to do in the past we can afford to stack the pigs with superstars who in the end will make the game easy for the backs.

tlk

Bench
get the bill
get him
his a gun and would bring so much to our club
GET HIM

Inferno

Coach
You would think if we aren't getting Tuqiri, we would still be reasonably cashed up to make a bid for someone. O'Meley and Tahu would make great acquisitions.

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah I can't see him leaving the dogs after what Willy Mason had to say about resigning on account of SBW being a dog.

Inferno

Coach
I heard the Warriors might make an 11th hour bid.

I think Price and Wiki may be off contract this year, if so that should secure him more than enough money.