What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW will not play again this year

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
Maybe finally after this Sonny Bill dog act people will finally realize what an asshole Mundine is. This is exactly like the time the man fled Australia for the US, came back with the ALI book and announced his retirement (sucking on lolipops) from league to take up boxing. He is a joke and Sonny is following in his footsteps. You can rest assured the man is in his ear , helping develop this ludicrous me first mentality. Above anything else the man is an egomaniac and totally selfish. He's a vile, hate filled scumbag. If Sonny Bill never meets him he's playing happily in the NRL. The man ruins lives. He makes people unhappy. He makes you hate and then other people hate you. I can't think of a worse guru or a more ugly person in Australian sport. f**k off to another country Mundine. Your a disgrace to your people.

wittyfan

Referee
The definite upside is that we don't have to suffer anymore Channel 9's attempts to turn dull, dense and thick SBW into a media personality.

innsaneink

Referee
He's in a contract. If I were The Dogs, I'd say:-

1) We are suing you for damages for your salary, + lost revenue, + the angst to the remaining players who signed to play with you. I'd go for 10 million. Bankrupt the filth.

2) Whilst you are under contract, which we will uphold, you will not be able to play for anyone else. Sit on the sidelines for 4 years.

If he's just up and decided to do this, he should be taken to the cleaners for all he's got, and all he's GOING to get going forward.

Theyre saying on radio hes off to link up with Toulouse RU....Im no legal eagle....would a RL contract hold up against another code....?

Can he walk out and just play union?

He'd forfeit his dough at the Dogs, but if he's offered say 5 or 8 times that, why would he worry?

Penance

Juniors
Sonny Bill Williams leaves Bulldogs for France

Article from:

Exclusive, by David Riccio
July 26, 2008 12:00am

BULLDOGS superstar Sonny Bill Williams is believed to have fled the NRL bound for an immediate switch to French rugby union club Toulon, the team coached by retired All Black Tana Umaga.

Williams left Australia yesterday without even informing the Bulldogs of his decision.
The champion forward is under contract with the Bulldogs for another four year and his move overseas will spark a legal fight.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said: “”I’ve had QC’s look at his contract and there is absolutely no get-out clause.

”I’m shocked that he’s left because I saw him Oatley at 7.30am this morning.’’
Williams was chosen in the Bulldogs team to play the Dragons on Monday night in Sydney.
Gallery: Sonny Bill in action

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

Last edited:

Pigskin

Juniors
Spot on.I hope the Canterbury club have fired up the legal eagles.

I agree .... The Bulldogs need to use the legal system to make sure this wombat pays a price

In fact, if nothing else can be done perhaps the league as a whole needs to put their foot down and

a) start presenting players with very very long term contracts
b) said contracts should have no dodgy clauses
c) separate contracts for rep players keeping them in the NRL for many years after rep honours

Sure there will be instances where clubs get a player at the peak of his powers when signed who then goes off the boil or has his career ruined by injury

I'm just shooting from the hip and havn't put any time or thought into it ... and perhaps this is a thread all of its own

This will open up a legal minefield, some disgruntled player will then challenge the salary cap in court ... the lawyers will have a field day

I'm just raving

Oink !

Johns Magic

Referee
Mason, then SBW. Man, I am so sick of this crap.

Although on the plus side, I don't want someone at the club who isn't prepared to give 100%. Lucky we have some nice players coming through, none of the SBW class, but then again, they are rare as hen's teeth.

He looks like the only one doing that on the field.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BULLDOGS superstar Sonny Bill Williams is believed to have fled the NRL bound for an immediate switch to French rugby union club Toulon, the team coached by retired All Black Tana Umaga.

Williams left Australia yesterday without even informing the Bulldogs of his decision.

The champion forward is under contract with the Bulldogs for another four year and his move overseas will spark a legal fight.

Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said: “”I’ve had QC’s look at his contract and there is absolutely no get-out clause.

”I’m shocked that he’s left because I saw him Oatley at 7.30am this morning.’’

Williams was chosen in the Bulldogs team to play the Dragons on Monday night in Sydney.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Brutus

Referee
What a terrible season this has been for rugby league.

This takes the cake with the world cup at the end of the season.

Sonny is an absolute disgrace and so is his manager.

Johns Magic

Referee
0,,5579596,00.jpg

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bulldogs officials are unaware of Williams' departure, but insist that if the Kiwi backrower does not report for a team meeting at 8.30 am tomorrow, he will be in breach of his multi-million dollar deal with the club.

LOL

What are they gonna do rip up his contract? :lol:

One thing Id like the bulldogs to do is sue the pants of SBW
Reports he will earn 3 million over 2 years with the french rugby club

sass

Juniors
i am honestly speechless. kiki wants me to say it's a dog act but i don't think sonny bill feelings even thought that far. i feel like he's completely under the influence of the nasser. omg.

Patorick

Staff member
Greenberg has confirmed Sonny is on a plane.

Says the club will do all they can to rectify this situation.

Sounds like we're heading to the courts.

Latest posts