What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW will not play again this year

Moffo

Referee
the merkin will pay

he wouldn't want to step foot in australia again any time soon

Schillaci

Juniors
Poor Sonny, raking in $500k a year to sit on the sidelines half the time must have been so tough.

The Bulldogs should sue his ass for every damn penny.

500k is pittance for Europe. C.Ronaldo earns AUD 250k a week. It's where the money is. Cant blame SBW for going, I'd do the same.

ByRd

First Grade
I swear the NRL better step in and help the dogs out, dont let this DOG get his way, make him sit out and do whatever it takes.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Good luck to the dogs hope they take him for everything he is worth and make sure he digs ditches for the next 4 years. What a total scumbag.

uuem

Juniors
If the dogs are smart they should start legal action against his manager first for entising him to break a legal contract as well as Toulon for the same reason then finally get an injuntion against SBW untill the court cases are settled, he wont play any type of sport till he turns 50.

Patorick

Staff member
Can the Bulldogs sue Nasser aswell for negotiating this contract while Williams was already under-contract?

christopher

Juniors
This is just so bizzarre...

Untill three months ago, Sonny Bill was my favourite player in the league.

Seemed like a good traditional nz kid, nice and humble, plus he had amazing talant and a lot of ticker.

What has happened?

Surely he is not so weak of character he could be diluded by a manager and Mundine.

I can understand him going 'every other superstar athlete is getting paid alot more than me. I deserve more.'

He probably does when you look at cricketers, union players, afl players etc.

But at the same time, he is still getting alot. Heaps in fact.

Surely the money he may make is not worth the harm that has been done to his honor and reputation.

He could have waited to his contract was up... he would have got sh*tload where ever he went. I could understand him wanting to do that considering the money that would be on offer.

But now, he has tranished his image beyond repair and soiled the name of his family.

He is a grub.

What is even more bizzare is that he has left after being named in the team, after doing a promotion to help little kids who love league. He has deserted them now too., they won't even be able to even see him play.

There is no way he will be allowed to play for anyone else other than the dogs in the next four years. Situations like this have happened before and unless the dogs get compassionate or the french RU offers the dogs millions in compensation. It cannot happen. The dogs have the law on their side.

The only logical option is that he will be back in the country tomorrow and is simply going over there to talk up some deals with french clubs in a bid to see what his option are and put pressure on the dogs to release him.

Even so. If he does comeback tomorrow or the next day. He is still a grub and i hope he gets booed next game by all supporters. If i could get to the game i would.

Karmawave

Bench
500k is pittance for Europe. C.Ronaldo earns AUD 250k a week. It's where the money is. Cant blame SBW for going, I'd do the same.

So you'd renege on a contract you signed too would you?

If the bloke was off contract and could choose to go anywhere, good luck to him, I couldn't blame him from going either, and I'd wish him well.

But he broke his word, walked out on a contract he agreed to and signed.

That's as low as it gets.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
both Mundine and Williams are big boys and can look after themselves. don't blame it all on Khoder - yeah he's a c*ck, but they are big enough to make their own decisions. you can usually tell a lot of a person by the people they surround themselves with.

sbw is a thick kid, we always knew that. khoder is taking advantage of that to make a name for himself. he is a merkin

Gaba

First Grade
If the dogs are smart they should start legal action against his manager first for entising him to break a legal contract as well as Toulon for the same reason then finally get an injuntion against SBW untill the court cases are settled, he wont play any type of sport till he turns 50.

Actually they are going ot take action , so one could say SBW career is almost over , 4 years is a long time to sit out and surely no club would take him back after he turned his back

ozbash

Referee
good luck SBW, see you at the WC.

Happy centenary aussie, you couldnt run a root in a brothel.

Parra

Referee
Mate, people break contracts all the time, for all sorts of reasons.

It is not 'as low as it gets'. It's not even as low as SBW has gone before.

Karmawave

Bench
Mate, people break contracts all the time, for all sorts of reasons.

It doesn't make it right man.

There once was a time that a handshake was all you'd need. There's still some players around right now who would deal that way. Sure they have written contracts, but a deal is a deal as soon as a bloke looks another bloke in the eye and shakes hands.

Clearly not SBW, and obviously you sympathise with a man backing down from his signed contract- his handshake - too?

Patorick

Staff member
Love the photo on the news page guys:

image.php