What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW will not play again this year

Adman

Juniors
It's not bad for the game, thank god he's gone. Better for the dogs too... he barely plays anyway.

Jeffles

Bench
The comp and the club are bigger than the exodus we're seeing. Further, he's breached his contact and if I were the Bulldogs I'd be seeking every penny of damages I could.

The c### signed a contract last year. How stupid of hi9m not to understand the terms that he complains about it this year. If he wanted flexibility he should havce signed a shorter deal.

Finally, what about Nasser? How is that bloke accredited as a manager? Did he advise SBW of the ramifications of these deals?

Patorick

Staff member
SBW will not be the last to grab the easy dollars OS, but as one leaves another arrives.

My big question, whats he going to do x football, if he stayed in the NRL he probably had employment for life. Now he makes big money for a few years but than what ????

You just have to look at the under 20s comp to see theirs plenty of good stuff comming through. The one thing the NRL has to do is stick hard to the salary cap, if we start trying to match the big dollars OS has to offer the game will go belly up.

Gallop: "It's a balancing act..."

Ziggy the God

First Grade
What kind of a person just leaves the country and gets someone else to tell their employer that they are not coming back?

Gutless turd.

At least be a man and front up to the club that has paid you handsomely for all those years, plenty when you where on the sideline, and tell them that you are going to leave.

I hope they sue you, and your manger, you lowlife #$@%.

The Gunner

Juniors
Who cares.

He hasn't had a decent game since the first half of the opening game in 2005. He didn't last 80 minutes that night and hasn't looked like playing 80 minutes since.

He is dead set the most over rated player ever.

He should play AFL.

They will kill him in French rugby union. He isn't tough enough.

Once Dead

Bench
Oh and Sonny, all the money in the world...even $3 million over two years can't help an injury prone footballer from staying off the sidelines...

Touloun......YOU'RE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

ByRd

First Grade
Gutless, i agree he just leaves without having to face it, honestly GUTLESS

Knight87

Juniors
I wonder what's going to happen to that Footy Show prize, where the winning junior football team got to meet Sonny Bill? I believe that match is being played tomorrow!!! Man, they must all be very filthy, the day before the match where the winning team gets to meet their 'supposed' idol, and they find out that he's buzzed off to the other side of the globe??? I bet ya he won't be much of an idol to them after the the players of the team that wins the tomorrow's match find out what he did.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
No point blaming this on Gallop.

A couple of cancers got in is ear and turned him from a bright eyed, well-liked young kid into a greedy, despised merkin in the space of 6 months. Gallop isn't going o be able to stop that from happening, ever. From the outside looking in, the issue appears to be weakness of character, and little else.

Bottom line is that Sonny Bill could have had a fantastic career for club and country playing in the NRL - and made millions and millions of dollars from doing so. If that's not good enough , so be it. It isn't like he has switched codes to play for the All Blacks. That you could almost understand - despite the cross code dimensions, it wouldn't purely have been about money, or purely been the result of a malignant manager. This is just an utterly selfish grab for money.

If Sonny isn't big or strong enough to think for himself, bugger him. We can do without him. David Gallop and the rest of the guys at the NRL should be worrying about the guys who have some sense of loyalty to their mates, their clubs and their countries. Sonny Bill clearly lacks all of the above. If he and his ilk (Hi Gaz) wanna bugger off to France and leave the NRL with a guys with a little less talent but a lot more ticker our competition will be no weaker for it.

This is the best post I have read in ages. I totally agree that its not Gallops fault and he had no control over Sonny/money/dunny Dill. Since the a$$hole Mundine & his manager got into the ear of a weak minded individual like Williams he was gone. I say good riddance, for rugby league & in the long term the Bulldogs.

JoeD

First Grade
If he stays out of oz I'm not sure what suing him would do. No matter what his contract says the NRL can't stop him playing a different code in a different country.

TooheysNew

Coach
I wonder what's going to happen to that Footy Show prize, where the winning junior football team got to meet Sonny Bill? I believe that match is being played tomorrow!!! Man, they must all be very filthy, the day before the match where the winning team gets to meet their 'supposed' idol, and they find out that he's buzzed off to the other side of the globe??? I bet ya he won't be much of an idol to them after the the players of the team that wins the tomorrow's match find out what he did.
Yeah you've got your dates mixed up.

hutch

First Grade
It's not bad for the game, thank god he's gone. Better for the dogs too... he barely plays anyway.

so, one of the games best players and one of its top stars leaves, its better for the game??? possibly the stupidest thing ive ever read. not to mention the fact that nz need him for the world cup at the end of the year, and rugby league needs him to continue to promote the game internationally. its terrible for the game, we need to keep these players in the nrl!

_Johnsy

Referee
I cant beieve I am about to say this, but I feel for the dogs. Stuck by him when he was riddled with injury over many years, played maybe one or two dozen good games over his NRL career. Leaves mid contract, with no clause to leave, does not even have the integrity to finish this year. Dirty felching kiwi scum.

Knight87

Juniors
Btw, in the rugby league media, do you believe this whole SBW debarckle will be 'the story of 2008' or not? Do you think this will be bigger than the Andrew Johns ecstasy incident from last year?

AILD

Bench
so, one of the games best players and one of its top stars leaves, its better for the game??? possibly the stupidest thing ive ever read. not to mention the fact that nz need him for the world cup at the end of the year, and rugby league needs him to continue to promote the game internationally. its terrible for the game, we need to keep these players in the nrl!

best players? pulls off a few shoulder charges and throws a f**king flick pass and he is one of the games best players? he is a tosser. he isnt good for the game..look at all the bad publicity he has caused the game. good riddance!!!

whoooo hooooo

Knight87

Juniors
Sonny Bill Williams = one hit wonder.

I've only see him play one very good season, that being 2004. It's funny that last year, when Joey retired, SBW said that Joey wasn't anywhere near as good a player as people were saying he was. Well, that's a matter opinion, but there's one thing that's definite: SBW definitely won't be going into the record books anytime soon.

Last edited: